What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Last week's reality check wore off quickly

Did mention weather permitting. Can't help poor placement of games from the organisers? The opener should have been at the SFS! That was the worst call. Although it still captured great tv numbers!

Coparugby

Juniors
I suspect the seats I could not purchase ages ago have now been released and I’ll be stuck in my less than ideal seats. Same as what happened with the lebanese v France game.

Next time this event rolls around I’ll wait until the last minute to purchase for the better seats plus discounts that have appeared.

4DC55D05-FD55-417F-9665-D97929A56B86.jpeg

Jim from Oz

Juniors
I suspect the seats I could not purchase ages ago have now been released and I’ll be stuck in my less than ideal seats. Same as what happened with the lebanese v France game.

Next time this event rolls around I’ll wait until the last minute to purchase for the better seats plus discounts that have appeared.

View attachment 16234
Utterly idiotic ticketing strategy … RLWC 2017 amateur hour example # 45,291

Jim from Oz

Juniors

View attachment 16234
They only seem to have released the first 4 rows of those upper seats on the non-TV side.

Jim from Oz

Juniors

View attachment 16234
Can you ring Ticketek and ask to swap/change to your preferred seats?

adamkungl

Immortal

View attachment 16234

Just go sit where you want, it's not like anyone else will be sitting there. Not hard to dodge the half arsed security. I do this at any game I can!
SFS is the easiest but Canberra is up there.

Rest assured i'll be buying the cheapest tickets tomorrow and sitting on half way.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Did mention weather permitting. Can't help poor placement of games from the organisers? The opener should have been at the SFS! That was the worst call. Although it still captured great tv numbers!

You might want to have a word with your state govt who refused to put their hands in their pockets for the privaalage of hosting it. Shows what the nsw govt thinks of RL when NT can outbid them!

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What a sensible sport would do

Annual NZ v Tonga v Samoa tri series (throw in Cook Islands for a 4N) during the mid-season Origin period

What Rugby League will do

NZ have locked in a match with England which is a great result for them but look at how much potential an annual pacific cup holds! The passion rivals, if not surpasses State of Origin - and the commerical success of State of Origin was built on that passion, it is what draws non Rugby League fans in three times a year. The Pacific Cup could be a huge tournament provided that all nations are given the opportunity to field full strenght sides every year.

adamkungl

Immortal
NZ have locked in a match with England which is a great result for them but look at how much potential an annual pacific cup holds! The passion rivals, if not surpasses State of Origin - and the commerical success of State of Origin was built on that passion, it is what draws non Rugby League fans in three times a year. The Pacific Cup could be a huge tournament provided that all nations are given the opportunity to field full strenght sides every year.

Yeah. England is a good game but long term I think better keeping mid-year tests local. Big disruption for squads.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yeah. England is a good game but long term I think better keeping mid-year tests local. Big disruption for squads.

I know what you mean.

My hope (and I don't think it is pie in the sky) is that the Sunday Origin experiment works and from the next TV deal onwards, the NRL hold three Sunday Origins in a row and create a three week rep window. SL would surely follow suit and England could then get together as a squad play NZ in a test series every year (which would be great for both) and we could have our Pacific Cup!

State of Origin, NZ v England, Pacific Cup (two games a week) is pretty good TV content.

Last edited:

Latest posts