What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.
11804_ISC_RhinosHome18_Webstory_1910x1080-e1509736367221.jpg

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I think there needs to be a discussion about boots. I remember when they first started to wear white boots, it looked very weird. And then fluro started to become the norm and now it looks weird when someone wears black!

I know players have boot sponsors, but I think players boots should have to match the club colours. Say they played from Cronulla, the player could choose between black white or light blue boots. Penrith could wear black, green, red, yellow or white and the raiders could wear white green or black. Id say all clubs can use black boots even if they don't have black in their colours as boots were traditionally black.

Just a thought. Everyone wearing random boots looks dumb. What do you guys think?

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I watched some old Winfield Cup vids the other day. Balmain orange, Newtown blue, Illawarra scarlet....just looked great.

Some current nrl teams need to just get their designs right. Ironic nrl is a tv game now but tv hasnt told the clubs to fix up their gear so it looks good to viewers.

But PNG...they look fantastic
Is this their away? If they ever have an nrl team, that should be the main kit

hellteam

First Grade
I think there needs to be a discussion about boots. I remember when they first started to wear white boots, it looked very weird. And then fluro started to become the norm and now it looks weird when someone wears black!

I know players have boot sponsors, but I think players boots should have to match the club colours. Say they played from Cronulla, the player could choose between black white or light blue boots. Penrith could wear black, green, red, yellow or white and the raiders could wear white green or black. Id say all clubs can use black boots even if they don't have black in their colours as boots were traditionally black.

Just a thought. Everyone wearing random boots looks dumb. What do you guys think?

Agreed. like the NFL. Whole team wears same colour boots.

T-Boon

Coach

Agreed. Each team member should wear the same colour boot. They should co-ordinate with the club outfit. If the player wants to "express themselves" work on getting an actual personality.

T-Boon

Coach
These RLWC jerseys look so bold on tv.

The Irish and PNG game looks awesome. Would love to see both combos in the NRL. Don't mind Lebanon either. The Samoa v Tonga was great on the eye too.

I didn't think much of the Irish jersey. A bit dull green. PNGs is the best jersey in rugby league.

I realise it sounds crazy but bright jerseys with simple colour schemes keep people watching. It is mesmerising like the same hypnotic effect that cartoons have on kids.

gunpk

Juniors

Agree With this. All Blacks did this at the recent World Cup and I thought it looked great.
I know they all wear the same brand boots so it's easier to do but I noticed the Kiwis also did it in the first game against Samoa

Attachments

• 76673669_LONDON_EN_3446949b.jpg
    76673669_LONDON_EN_3446949b.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.