What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - B - W3 - NZL 22-28 TON @ Hamilton

Result: NZL v TON

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
A bit unlucky for Tonga, could easily have a try up the other end, and now the margin is getting out of hand.

But the first half has been great to watch. The forward battle is brutal and fascinating, but the NZ backs are certainly showing more footwork and skill.

Exsilium

First Grade
That no try to Tonga was a joke.

Since when did touch judges get a say? I’ve been watching NRL for years and never seen it.

Iafeta

Referee
Loved Tapines run under the sticks, Taumalolo arm grabbed about 14 times in one play. Keep showing them up. Never let them back in the black jumper.

JasonE

Bench
Wow, Ive been so impressed with NZ. I have never seen them playing so well as a unit and Tapine and NAS have been unbelievable.
But that no-try decision to Tonga was a disgrace, the ball was clearly thrown backwards out of the hand, that was a 10-12 point turnaround & probably game over.

Saxon

Bench
NZ getting away with murder in the ruck, it’s ridiculous
Both sides doing it. The ruck in this game is the ugliest I've seen for years - defenders could be penalised at just about every ptb.
The irony is that the game apart from the rucks is great to watch.

Storm13

Juniors
Calling that pass forward was the worst decision I have ever seen in 40 years of watching rugby league, it went back a meter at least! Has now totally killed the game with the Kiwi try at the other end.
It did not go back a meter but it didn't go forward either.

Billythekid

First Grade
Enjoyed the match so far. Tonga look like they could upset the big 3 if everything goes there way though clearly they're still big underdogs. NZ looking pretty good, I think England are going to have a rough time trying to make the final.

tonga are probley the 4th best team and looks like they might even get flogged by the number 2
sad day for international rugby league

Dumb post. They're down by 14 and could easily have been within 4. The NRL GF was won by a bigger margin, is that a joke of a comp too? Even in a perfectly even tournament blowouts happen. This has been an entertaining and brutal encounter. This is one of the best days international league has ever had.

Edit: or how about the the last soccer World Cup where Germany won 7-1 in a semi final, what a joke of a comp that is.

Latest posts