What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Argh.

Double header is one crowd. Divide the round by 7.

For clubs - neither Canterbury or Souths count this in the average home crowds. That's how NRL have worked average crowds for several years now when it comes to DHs

Utterly simplistic statements like this are the reason nobody takes you seriously
You cannot count the crowd for two games as one crowd
It's stupid .
You either divide by 7 ..if it is counted as one crowd
Or you divide by 8 & its 2 x 38k crowd.

The 38 k didn't just disappear for the second game

Timmah

Staff member
Utterly simplistic statements like this are the reason nobody takes you seriously
Haw haw you're funny. Good contribution to the discussion / you made a joke at someone's expense on an internet forum well done.

I'm telling people how the NRL represents it. Others can have their petty arguments, but how I've said it above is how it's recorded.

Simples

Timmah

Staff member
2 Games = 2 Crowds
1 Venue = Duvide by 2
8 games played = 8 Averages
How has this debate not been played out 1203103923 before with the same thing not being shot down?

(oh wait, it has)

You cannot possibly "divide the crowd by two", that assumes perfectly even support for both games.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
18,243 at anz. Would look great at Leichhardt or Campbelltown.

18k would not have turned up if this was played in LO or Campbeltown....

The infrustructure at ANZ is designed to move 100k people in and out with ease. The suburban streets around those suburban grounds would have limited attendence to 12k at best.

I think we can agree though, it would have looked great at the new Parra stadium.

Jizmos

Juniors
I spoke to a guy and his missus that were sitting next to me on the hill about how the double header should be counted towards the crowd average and he spat back "Not you fkn too! This wanker on the other side of me won't shut the f*** up about how he wouldn't have been able to come with his family if it was after 7pm."