What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Brisbane will be in the bottom four this year, they do not have the personnel and their halves can not control the game. Further, their forwards will be dominated and make the job of the halves very hard.

Expect a major cleanup at Brisbane, including some high profile players.

Redhoopz

Juniors
I wouldn't make any changes for round 2. Nobody deserves to be dropped after last nights win. Unless someone is out due to injury.

I thought the edge defense with Lafai and Mcdonald could be excused for those tries. I think it came down to the side not sliding across fast enough. Although that being said, every time the Broncos shifted the ball to their right side, they looked like scoring.

Nice to see Mann's minutes go up by 1 this year....

The Dragons showed plenty of good signs. Leilua will get better with time but has a lot of potential. Aitken showed how damaging of a runner he can be in the oppositions 20. I liked seeing Dufty run the ball back and have a crack, rather than passing. Mcdonald should have read Lafai's flick pass better.

The only thing I saw that could cause issues for the Dragons was how much Brisbane slowed the ruck down. The Dragons will need to get better at it.

All in all a good win and provided there's no injuries during the week, i expect to see the same 17 line up against the Sharks.

Belta

Juniors
Carlton said;
"I thought Latimore was good, not just apass. He played a no frills front rowers role and was very consistent. Took the ball up in the middle, bent the line, hit the deck and generally got good quick play the balls."

I'm glad to hear this. I may have been harsh in judging Latimore. When we signed him, what you mentioned is what I thought he'd bring. I'll try and watch the full game as I only caught bits of it. If this is the case then our depth has improved, meaning we should be less likely to burn out. I expect/hope Host, Sele, Lawrie, Kerr and Leilua to still be well and truly in the picture, all competing for a crack at FG.

Bench
Latimore played quite well for his time on the field. No frills but did his job. LAM off the bench was awsome. He keeps on getting better every time he plays.
I have been a fan of Lafaii but he needs to be put on notice.
The use of the bench, particularly Mann is bewildering. But did we expect anything else.

Old Timer

Coach
People's expectations of Leilua are ridiculous, he's a rookie ffs, give him a chance
In fairnesss even rookies are supposed to be fit.
I'm sure he has ability and skills but like many others before him lack of fitness will find you out and you will come up short on your potential.
If Robson or Lomax were given a chance at 1st grade I'm sure they wouldn't fall short in the fitness side of the equation.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Given what we saw in the ISO game yesterday, the changes, if any, will involve the forwards only.
1. Sele should be in the 17 but at the expense of who? Latimore did his job adequately, but he's not going to be anything more than what he is now. Leilua had little or no impact in the 2 games he played, however, Sele is not an edge player.
Sele for Latimore
2. Host should be fit for rd2 but where will McGregor play him? My guess is he will return in ISP on Thursday. I feel ge offers more than Leilua at thus stage both in attack and defense. For mine LL needs to show something and pretty quickly and Ivwould have him in ISP on Thursday for a full game.
Host for Leilua (but i highly doubt it).

My bench would therefore be:
LAM (prop), Sele ( prop, lock, hooker), Host (edge forward), Mann.

kit66

Bench
We should persist with Leilua, give him all the time he needs. It would be great to have a ball playing backrower, skill wise Luc is light years ahead of most of our other forwards, only JDB comes close. It's a bonus that he's a big bod with nice footwork and an off-load.

Be silly to change a team that won so convincingly. Apart from injuries we should probably go with the same 17 next week

Carlton

Juniors
Given what we saw in the ISO game yesterday, the changes, if any, will involve the forwards only.
1. Sele should be in the 17 but at the expense of who? Latimore did his job adequately, but he's not going to be anything more than what he is now. Leilua had little or no impact in the 2 games he played, however, Sele is not an edge player.
Sele for Latimore
2. Host should be fit for rd2 but where will McGregor play him? My guess is he will return in ISP on Thursday. I feel ge offers more than Leilua at thus stage both in attack and defense. For mine LL needs to show something and pretty quickly and Ivwould have him in ISP on Thursday for a full game.
Host for Leilua (but i highly doubt it).

My bench would therefore be:
LAM (prop), Sele ( prop, lock, hooker), Host (edge forward), Mann.

For the next game, I'd like a bench of LAM, Latimore, Sele and Host with Mann actually starting the game in place of Nighty.