What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

Saint52

Juniors
I think Luc needs to be given a few games can be a much improved if his involvement is coached to use his skills

Uplifting

Juniors
Hey I think Leilua did well. Hold off and let’s give the young guy a chance.

Lafai in the other hand is in a different stage of his career, I would understand if he made way for Mann, who looked to good too be coming off the bench. He was given a roaming type role and got more involved in that final 10 then some did all game. This just confirmed that Mary got it wrong in the first place.

We all know that no one will actually be dropped.

giboz71

First Grade
Hey I think Leilua did well. Hold off and let’s give the young guy a chance.

Lafai in the other hand is in a different stage of his career, I would understand if he made way for Mann, who looked to good too be coming off the bench. He was given a roaming type role and got more involved in that final 10 then some did all game. This just confirmed that Mary got it wrong in the first place.

We all know that no one will actually be dropped.

Agreed.

He ran with purpose for once. He’s a big forward, he should be bending the line first before worrying about the finesse stuff.

If he focuses on that, he’ll be much better off.

Carlton

Juniors
As I said before, that left defence of Lafai/Nene is going to hurt us in close games.
It was the same last year and neither seems to have learned anything in the off season, unlike Aitken whose defence I was actually impressed by last night, unlike last year he seemed to make the correct decisions at the correct times.

I think Latimore is a bit of a plodder, he gives his all, but not a lot of spark there.
Give Leilua a few more games, but if his effort level dosnt go up he needs to go.

But, Mary's not changing a winning team.....or of last year is any indication, a losing one either.

A good win first up though, the pressure Hunt takes off Widdop as the sole playmaker was obvious.

I think that a lot of the problem in defence on the left was actually caused by inside defenders not reading the play correctly. Hunt helped Aitken by the way he was positioning himself in defence and helped reduce the amount of decision making Aitken had to make.

Nighty needs to gracefully step back and allow Mann/Lomax to take his wing spot. He is slow and his hitups have lost their impact.

KiamaSaint

Coach
As I said before, that left defence of Lafai/Nene is going to hurt us in close games.
It was the same last year and neither seems to have learned anything in the off season, unlike Aitken whose defence I was actually impressed by last night, unlike last year he seemed to make the correct decisions at the correct times.

I think Latimore is a bit of a plodder, he gives his all, but not a lot of spark there.
Give Leilua a few more games, but if his effort level dosnt go up he needs to go.

But, Mary's not changing a winning team.....or of last year is any indication, a losing one either.

A good win first up though, the pressure Hunt takes off Widdop as the sole playmaker was obvious.
Lafai/Nene weren't on the same side last year and Aitken had to defend Jordan Kahu. Have we forgotten his defence in the two trial games already?

BrissyRedV

Bench
The combination of Lafai and Nene will take some time. They need to develop their communication with each other. Lafai did well I'm drawing the two defenders and if that flick goes to hand, Nene goes over in the corner. A little more depth is needed for his part and accuracy on Lafai's.

As for the defence, Jimmy the jet will burn a few centres this year. The first try was well created on the Broncos behalf off the scrum with a 5 on 7. The second was all created by the slow inside defence starting in the middle with Widdop having to take the decoy runner and Lafai needing to come in on Boyd. Not much else could have been done on Lafai's part to stop Jimmy.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Mann for Nightingale if the neck is f**ked
Host for Frizell if the eye is f**ked
Host for Vaughan (sims to prop rotation) if the sternum is f**ked

otherwise same again

Drag Queen

Bench
So long as he gets paid per game, not per minute on the field, he’s got a pretty sweet gig..

Actually, if we did break player salaries down to $ per minute played, Mann would be our highest paid player..
So long as he gets paid per game, not per minute on the field, he’s got a pretty sweet gig..

Actually, if we did break player salaries down to $ per minute played, Mann would be our highest paid player..

Belta

Juniors
Top marks go to most of our forwards. . Leilua and Latimore just a pass mark.

Top marks to our halves. Credit to Aitken. The rest just a pass, no more.

Waiting in the wings and hopefully are still in contention are Mann, Lomax, Sele, Host, Kerr. On their trial form they deserve a chance.

Let's hope the coach doesn't think a winning side automatically remains unchanged. History says he isn't one to make many changes regardless of wins or losses.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mary wouldn't change the team when we lost 7 in a row , he defiantly won't make changes if we win ....
Spot on. Unless there is an injury Mary will make a change. Unless he shuffles his bench like he did last year moving players in and out of the bench to give them a game in lower grades.

Carlton

Juniors
Top marks go to most of our forwards. . Leilua and Latimore just a pass mark.

Top marks to our halves. Credit to Aitken. The rest just a pass, no more.

Waiting in the wings and hopefully are still in contention are Mann, Lomax, Sele, Host, Kerr. On their trial form they deserve a chance.

Let's hope the coach doesn't think a winning side automatically remains unchanged. History says he isn't one to make many changes regardless of wins or losses.

I thought Latimore was good, not just a pass. He played a no frills front rowers role and was very consistent. Took the ball up in the middle, bent the line, hit the deck and generally got good quick play the balls.

Mann for Flo or Lafai.

Hopefully Flo is ok. His dive ended awkwardly. Lucky not to be seriously injured.

Luc to be given 3-4 weeks to adjust to the challenge of FG.

Kerr/Sele/Host waiting for their opportunity.

Both sides dropped a ton of ball through the game.

Worst Broncos side in living memory.

Sharks at Shark Park will be a different proposition all together.

De Belin, Hunt, Widdop, McInnes, take a bow !

Graham's competitive attitude will keep the forwards driving forward.

Overall, plenty to be optimistic about.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Lafai/Nene weren't on the same side last year and Aitken had to defend Jordan Kahu. Have we forgotten his defence in the two trial games already?

If you watch the first half, Hunt was trying to run up out of the line to shutdown any backlines plays. My guess is he didn't have much confidence in Aitken/McDonald in defence. Also Jordan Kahu is not the mist dynamic player, so his defensive skill where not really put to the test.

I can't understand the thinking the some on here are providing, " You don't change a winning team". What a load of rubbish. Some of the players last night where passengers, we should be assessing their inclusion in the team based on their performance and also the trial games. Once the year progresses and we have more consecutive games then we can settle on a first 13. Please remember last year, Mary got himself in a hole as he would not change the starting lineup even when its was obvious it wasn't working.