What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Saturday 24th March @ ANZ Stadium v Manly Sea Eagles

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Bring it Manly,bring your best!
I'll be getting behind those Southern posts during warm up and letting the lads know we are SOUTH SYDNEY,WE ARE THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE, and we know you can pull this off, for the love of that rabbit on your hearts and for yourselves.
Get out there in numbers Bunny fans and let those silvertails know we are South Sydney and this is our night!
GLORY GLORY BROTHERS!

Travitoh

First Grade
Another thing to be considered too is while our boys were (hopefully) rehydrating and refuelling yesterday after Saturday's efforts, Manly were playing in similar conditions that we did. It doesn't matter how easy they got it done yesterday, they still had to run the metres.
The day extra between games for us should be an advantage

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
40-odd missed tackles? We average 30-odd this season with 33 and 40 in our opening games. Ideally it'd be in the 20's but there's no need to inflate numbers to suit a rant.

Parra were woeful yesterday, god awful and would've lost to the SA Rams with that performance. I predict that Manly won't put on a score like that again this week and wouldn't be surprised if they went in to the clash a bit cocky. I'm still very confident we will win.

If you don't believe the effort was there on saturday then i would really like to know what you're looking for in a game because i saw a team reduced to 15 for 20 minutes give it their all and agonisingly fall short.

I’ve watched the second half over again and honestly there was nothing that was going to stop Penrith from winning that game. The injuries and silly errors didn’t help but my god was there a momentum shift. The fatigue really kicked in as well. The Burgess twins were really struggling near the end. The crowd was right behind them too. I’m looking at that last try and it was pure determination for Peachey to get that down.

This is a completely different footy side to the last few years though. I think we need to give Gagai more open space. Him and Kennar are absolutely spectacular with the ball in hand. GI will only get fitter as the season progresses and that will be crazy scary.

callmack1

Staff member
Great points you're all making here.

STID, you're right. We really need to get Gagai and GI more involved. They could be the most potent attack weapons this season but we just aren't getting them the ball enough.

While on the outside backs, I really hope the amount of work they're doing coming out of our own end carries on the way it did on Saturday. It was the best we've looked coming out of our own end for a while and it's all down to the high work rate of our outside backs. It really sets the tone for the rest of the set if the back three can return like they did on Saturday.

Rabbits20

Immortal
40-odd missed tackles? We average 30-odd this season with 33 and 40 in our opening games. Ideally it'd be in the 20's but there's no need to inflate numbers to suit a rant.

Parra were woeful yesterday, god awful and would've lost to the SA Rams with that performance. I predict that Manly won't put on a score like that again this week and wouldn't be surprised if they went in to the clash a bit cocky. I'm still very confident we will win.

If you don't believe the effort was there on saturday then i would really like to know what you're looking for in a game because i saw a team reduced to 15 for 20 minutes give it their all and agonisingly fall short.
I thought we missed 44 against Warriors... I must've read the wrong thing lol!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bring it Manly,bring your best!
I'll be getting behind those Southern posts during warm up and letting the lads know we are SOUTH SYDNEY,WE ARE THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE, and we know you can pull this off, for the love of that rabbit on your hearts and for yourselves.
Get out there in numbers Bunny fans and let those silvertails know we are South Sydney and this is our night!
GLORY GLORY BROTHERS!
I'll be going!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great points you're all making here.

STID, you're right. We really need to get Gagai and GI more involved. They could be the most potent attack weapons this season but we just aren't getting them the ball enough.

While on the outside backs, I really hope the amount of work they're doing coming out of our own end carries on the way it did on Saturday. It was the best we've looked coming out of our own end for a while and it's all down to the high work rate of our outside backs. It really sets the tone for the rest of the set if the back three can return like they did on Saturday.
A better kicking game is needed!

doyen

Bench
GI doesn't seem to be focussed to me--is it possible he's having a sook about not playing FB----I would be putting him straight back there for the Manly game--his defence & management out back is invaluable!!
AJ to wing.

We may need Farah's experience at 1/2.
At present we only have 2 players in our squad who could lay claim to having the real nous to lead a team around the park--Farah & GI.

GI
Kennar
Gagai
Douehii
AJ
Cody
Robbie.
Sam
Cook
Tom B
Sutton
Crichton
Murray
Bench--Fui,Tatola,George B,Clark[or Nichols].

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
GI doesn't seem to be focussed to me--is it possible he's having a sook about not playing FB----I would be putting him straight back there for the Manly game--his defence & management out back is invaluable!!
AJ to wing.

At present we only have 2 players in our squad who could lay claim to having the real nous to lead a team around the park--Farah & GI.

GI
Kennar
Gagai
Douehii
AJ
Cody
Robbie.
Sam
Cook
Tom B
Sutton
Crichton
Murray
I’d like to see GI at fullback again but I’d bring hunt in for centre and keep Doueihi at halfback.
Cook and Farah On the field at the same time doesn’t seem to work well
I think he can do the job there. Sat nights game was a trial by fire. Literally. He could have spontaneously combusted in that heat!

Oh and Sutton to the bench.

doyen

Bench
I wouldn’t mind Farah to half but it seems quite regressive doesn’t it? If Doueihi is going to take us into the future shouldn’t we persist with him at 7?

Farah is our most experienced general at present----nobody in our team has his ability in this regard!
Douehii has great ability but he is on his L-plates!

Cook & Walker;well they just play pretty much off the cuff!!

I would predict we'll lose our next games without AR as we'll be virtually rudderless!

Farah to half!

Last edited:

truthslayer

Juniors
Farah is our most experienced general at present----nobody in our team has his ability in this regard!

I would predict we'll lose our next games without AR as we'll be virtually rudderless!
Geez, remind me which game Reynolds tore the opposition apart?

ThingFish

Juniors
I don't particularly like AR either but as a SOO half he should have some leadership ability & some influence on guiding our side!
At present we have nobody!
Agree. Also GI is not a captain, never has been. We started our slide after a fateful off season camp in 2015, in Colorado, a camp where Sutts lost his Captaincy. Both Sutts game and the team has never been the same since the captaincy was taken from him.

You want leadership ability and influence, give Sutto his job back.

callmack1

Staff member
AJ to wing.

GI
Kennar
Gagai
Douehii
AJ
Cody
Robbie.
Sam
Cook
Tom B
Sutton
Crichton
Murray
I don't think he's sulking at all, in fact, he'd be absoulutely thrilled to be back no matter where he plays.

On another note, Sam is free to play: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/19/judiciary-update-sam-burgess/

Rabbits20

Immortal

Farah to half!
That's what my old man is saying too!