What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Saturday 24th March @ ANZ Stadium v Manly Sea Eagles

Travitoh

First Grade
From our first 6 we have to be 2 and 4 going into Canberra and then Broncos then Knights after that! Our draw gets even worse after that.

If we are 1 and 5 it's all over....

Brisbane and Newcastle while tough are both winnable. We could very possibly end up 5-4 going into the reverse fixture against StGI without having to really upset anyone.

Travitoh

First Grade
Do the boys want it though is the big question???

How bad do they really want it and how hard do they wanna push??

I know the other sides will be up for it...

If you're questioning whether the players want a win or not, go put in for 80 minutes at any level on a 39° afternoon and tell me how it was.

I would like to see some before and after weights as I'm sure a few of the lads would've lost a few kilos.

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with R20 that we need to jag a few wins or we'll get left behind but STID makes a great point, we want to be hitting top form at the end of the season, not now. There's no need for panic, we just need to get better every week.

Also R20, I'm not questioning the boys desire at this stage, they all look like they want it and all look pretty focussed to me, things just haven't gone our way. The next 8 weeks are gonna be a huge test though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If you're questioning whether the players want a win or not, go put in for 80 minutes at any level on a 39° afternoon and tell me how it was.

I would like to see some before and after weights as I'm sure a few of the lads would've lost a few kilos.

I was actually surprised some of our players didn’t pass out. Playing in these kind of conditions will seriously benefit us later in the year. We have definitely not hit our peak yet. I’m very keen for the manly game. It’ll be the first game I can get to this year. As always the trbojevic brothers are the ones we need to watch out for. Especially Jake now that he’s doing so much ball playing.

ThingFish

Juniors
Looks like Sam’s been charged with a cannonball tackle. Looks like he won’t miss any game time if he takes an early guilty plea.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Considering the heat was akin to what Souths/Penrith played in both teams may be on a more level playing field next week.

callmack1

Staff member
Wow we are gonna have our hands full if they play like that, it'll be a long night.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Brisbane and Newcastle while tough are both winnable. We could very possibly end up 5-4 going into the reverse fixture against StGI without having to really upset anyone.
I think we are dreaming here!!

It'll take a f**kimg miracle to beat Manly!!

Sorry but I don't think we can unless they take us lightly!

It wouldn't surprise me if we are 2-7 or 3-6 after 9 rounds!

Rabbits20

Immortal

That's their job though.... they train for that!!!

What's the excuse gonna be next week as it seems it's gonna bucket down with rain??

Oh it's too slippery........

It's time for action!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow we are gonna have our hands full if they play like that, it'll be a long night.
2-7 or 3-6 I predict after 9 rounds!

Unless we pull off a miracle this Saturday we are gonna fall too far behind!

Then what will the excuse be???..... we can't keep making excuses each week!

As I said it's meant to piss down with rain later next week. We can't use bucketing rain as an excuse....

If we keep missing 40 odd tackles this will be a bloodbath!

They are really physical are Manly!

I'm starting to have nightmares of that 46-8 match last year at Allianz....... please not again!!....

I'm heading out there too as I've taken the day off work to get behind the boys!

Travitoh

First Grade
2-7 or 3-6 I predict after 9 rounds!

Unless we pull off a miracle this Saturday we are gonna fall too far behind!

Then what will the excuse be???..... we can't keep making excuses each week!

As I said it's meant to piss down with rain later next week. We can't use bucketing rain as an excuse....

If we keep missing 40 odd tackles this will be a bloodbath!

They are really physical are Manly!

I'm starting to have nightmares of that 46-8 match last year at Allianz....... please not again!!....

I'm heading out there too as I've taken the day off work to get behind the boys!

40-odd missed tackles? We average 30-odd this season with 33 and 40 in our opening games. Ideally it'd be in the 20's but there's no need to inflate numbers to suit a rant.

Parra were woeful yesterday, god awful and would've lost to the SA Rams with that performance. I predict that Manly won't put on a score like that again this week and wouldn't be surprised if they went in to the clash a bit cocky. I'm still very confident we will win.

If you don't believe the effort was there on saturday then i would really like to know what you're looking for in a game because i saw a team reduced to 15 for 20 minutes give it their all and agonisingly fall short.

Latest posts