What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary injury update

martielang

Bench
Katoa has been in the 21 all year, he’s next cab off the rank & deservably so IMO.

If Edwards is out, I can’t see them blooding both Luai & Egan in the same game anyway.I think they’d probably put Peach at 6, Luai at 1. Luai would give us another ball playing option ala Moylan.

Last edited:
Katoa has been in the 21 all year, he’s next cab off the rank & deservably so IMO.

If Edwards is out, I can’t see them blooding both Luai & Egan in the same game anyway.I think they’d probably put Peach at 6, Luai at 1. Luai would give us another ball playing option ala Moylan.

Katoa would mean Wallace playing in the halves or Peachey at 5/8.

Really don’t rate those options.

OldPanther

Coach
Luai playing definitely reduces Egans chances anyway, but geez we could do with some pace out of dummy half. Wallace is pretty much just playing for his experience at this point.

The big question is what do the coaching staff go with. No idea what Griffin thinks of these young blokes.

If Luai is going to be in for awhile he has to go straight to 6 imo

martielang

Bench
Luai playing definitely reduces Egans chances anyway, but geez we could do with some pace out of dummy half. Wallace is pretty much just playing for his experience at this point.

100%. I think Griffin is doing a decent job, but I can’t for the world understand why he see’s Wallace as a cert every week, especially when he’s already shown he’s happy to give the young blokes a run.

Having pace & danger out of DH would also allow our forwards more room, especially Tamou & Merrin who get swamped every time they get the ball.

OldPanther

Coach
100%. I think Griffin is doing a decent job, but I can’t for the world understand why he see’s Wallace as a cert every week, especially when he’s already shown he’s happy to give the young blokes a run.

Having pace & danger out of DH would also allow our forwards more room, especially Tamou & Merrin who get swamped every time they get the ball.

100% well said.

Only thing I can make of it is he thinks we need his experience. He made a point last year of talking about how young the team is, might not want to fall back on that again?

When Wallace was out last year we looked a better footy team, even with Mitch rein playing at 9.

Now with Cleary out I don’t see much chance of Wallace being dropped.

Latest posts