What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary injury update

TheFrog

Coach
I only want Peachey there for the Cowboys game. After that, Luai gets it. I like Luai but he ain't a big fellah and the Cowboys will be running hard at him all game. Hess, followed by lolo, followed by Scott, followed by...gulp.
This is why I suspect Wallace will get the 7 gig this game. Shovel it to Maloney all night and tackle tackle tackle.

This is why I suspect Wallace will get the 7 gig this game. Shovel it to Maloney all night and tackle tackle tackle.
Thats pretty much laying down and admitting defeat. Jimmy is in career worst form and needs help. Also sends Luai the msg that the club doesn't think he's good enough

GongPanther

Referee
Watching ISP at St Mary's
Luai great touches,Egan got to be close to 1st grade BUT Liam Martain looks like a 1st grader amongst these cup players!
He is a beast also Ollie Clarke is running hard and straight & punishing in his defense!
Jesus Kev,were have you been? Jail,coma?

TheFrog

Coach
Jimmy is in career worst form and needs help. Also sends Luai the msg that the club doesn't think he's good enough
No he's not. He had a very good game against the Dogs, especially when he was called upon to run the show. Rookies (and everyone really) have had to live with waiting for promotion since the beginning of time. He'll manage. We are up against JT here. An experienced operator is called for. One who'll smash him upon sight. Wallace is the man, not some kid.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Rookies (and everyone really) have had to live with waiting for promotion since the beginning of time.

Yes, and often leaving when they don't get that promotion. Maloney being one example. And Thurston.

I'm not saying that Luai is in their league in any way (or even that he should play in the next game for that reason alone; I would play him because Wallace is a shit halfback) but it is not so simple to just say to a young player that they should just wait their turn. The game has never worked as easily as that.

No he's not. He had a very good game against the Dogs, especially when he was called upon to run the show. Rookies (and everyone really) have had to live with waiting for promotion since the beginning of time. He'll manage. We are up against JT here. An experienced operator is called for. One who'll smash him upon sight. Wallace is the man, not some kid.
A very good game? He can't even time simple passes atm

tripster

Juniors

I don’t think this is unexpected. It takes a while for a new playmaker to gel with a team. You’d hardly say that Cronk at the Roosters has set the world on fire in his first two games, nor Moylan at the Sharks.

I’ll reserve judgment until the end of the season.

I don’t think this is unexpected. It takes a while for a new playmaker to gel with a team. You’d hardly say that Cronk at the Roosters has set the world on fire in his first two games, nor Moylan at the Sharks.

Myth Piss looks better. It's a legitimate worry that Maloney is in sharp decline

TheFrog

Coach
This is a bloke who's played in 3 grand finals, winning two of them, and has played for NSW and Australia. He is a champion. He had a good game the other night. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

This is a bloke who's played in 3 grand finals, winning two of them, and has played for NSW and Australia. He is a champion. He had a good game the other night. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
He was class but he's been bad for 18months now

OldPanther

Coach

Moylan went missing last night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

pantherpuddy

Juniors
maybe start with wallace at 7 and katoa at 9. Luai can come on from the bench after wallace has tackled all the big boppers for the 1st 25 mins

TheFrog

Coach
He was class but he's been bad for 18months now
Class is permanent. If Maloney cannot run our side we are in diabolical trouble, so we will see. I don't see the point of slagging the bloke we are clearly relying on. Anyway my original point was that I think Griffin will select Wallace at 7. If Maloney has issues, why would you put a rookie in there with him?

OldPanther

Coach
Class is permanent. If Maloney cannot run our side we are in diabolical trouble, so we will see. I don't see the point of slagging the bloke we are clearly relying on. Anyway my original point was that I think Griffin will select Wallace at 7. If Maloney has issues, why would you put a rookie in there with him?

I think a lot depends who's better and looks closer to first grade standard in reserves. Egan or Luai?

Age catches everyone.

Because Wal for all his toughness is a shit 7 now and its not just about winning next week. Luai needs to come straight in with Nathan out for so long.

If you can't trust your backup half why is he even in the squad?

OldPanther

Coach
Age catches everyone.

Because Wal for all his toughness is a shit 7 now and its not just about winning next week. Luai needs to come straight in with Nathan out for so long.

If you can't trust your backup half why is he even in the squad?

I don't think we win anyway. Throw the rookies in the deep end so they can learn what first grade is about against the best forwards and 5/8 in the game.

Cleary debuted against Storm.