What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

to_ddeath

Coach
Happy with the wins for sure, don't get me wrong.
But seriously the clowns in here going off all half-cocked need to give it a rest.
There are many factors that could completely turn a season on it's head.
We have a great spirit in the playing group no doubt.
But when this team start producing wins on Anzac Day & push Melbourne for a full 80 at home in early May, thats when we can truly line up where we are at both in terms of our chances and coaching tactics that adapt to these teams.
Til then, quit paying out others with a differing view FFS.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Happy with the wins for sure, don't get me wrong.
But seriously the clowns in here going off all half-cocked need to give it a rest.
There are many factors that could completely turn a season on it's head.
We have a great spirit in the playing group no doubt.
But when this team start producing wins on Anzac Day & push Melbourne for a full 80 at home in early May, thats when we can truly line up where we are at both in terms of our chances and coaching tactics that adapt to these teams.
Til then, quit paying out others with a differing view FFS.

Mate, your a hard but fair man.

I do agree with your comments referring to playing Melbourne and the Rorters, hence l made reference to that in one of my post, yesterday.

We three out of three, we can enjoy the moment and look forward to the future.
I really want us to not only beat the Rorters on Anzac Day, but give them a 'Toowoomba Runover'.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I have marked Anzac Day as the true litmus test for the coach and for the team's true prospects but so far extremely heartened by some excellent winning performances which have been a long time coming....great recruitment has resulted in what now looks like a fair dinkum team but my jury is still out on McGregor (but he is definately rising atm)

Crush

Coach
Our recent form has absolutely nothing to do with McGregor. Zero.
McGregor is still a mediocre coach at best. The difference is the improvement in the roster.
A fullback with x-factor, a leader in Graham and a world class halfback.
That is the only difference.
I have said many times over, the coach isn't the most important factor in winning its personnel.
A mediocre coach like Mary can win a comp if the team is good enough.
Its frustrating that people are now saying Mary is getting better and he is rising.
NO HE IS NOT. NOTHING HAS CHANGED OTHER THAN THE ROSTER.

Frank Facer

First Grade
McGregor is still a mediocre coach at best. The difference is the improvement in the roster.
I have said many times over, the coach isn't the most important factor in winning its personnel.
Its frustrating that people are now saying Mary is getting better and he is rising.
lol, I agree. lol

Crush

Coach
Des, Madge and Ricky have all proven they can take a team to a GF and win one..............give Mary the Storm team and he would have them missing September footy in the first season. Mary will never win a NRL GF unless he goes away and learns his trade under proven coaches and then comes back and tries again.

I agree Bellamy would be the pick of the crop and that we are not going to get him, but we just have to find a way to f**k Mary off. The longer he stays the more his losing ways are getting imparted on the playing roster, the longer players are without the necessary programs and development opportunities to go to the next level the more they stagnate or go backwards and while ever he is in charge there will always be the issue of playing favourites or ignoring potential. He is absolutely clueless, impostor and pretender of the highest order.

I know we've had a bit of banter in a few threads but it's all just been a bit of fun and i do enjoy your input on the forum. But seriously mate, if you honestly think Mary is a keeper for anyone other than Bellyache or Bennett, then i just don't know if i can take you seriously anymore.
No we don't agree at all

BennyV

Referee
Ooohkay then. So are you suggesting the new roster will ensure we go deep into the finals? That Mary could not possibly f**kc things up for us? i'm confused.
That’s exactly what he’s suggesting. The theory is that coaches aren’t really relevant and the best roster will win the comp. Well see how that plays out.

Crush

Coach
That’s exactly what he’s suggesting. The theory is that coaches aren’t really relevant and the best roster will win the comp. Well see how that plays out.
Coaches are not irrelevant. Obviously a better coach adds more to a roster. Bellamy will get more out of a team than McGregor by a mile. And Bellamy will be way more consistent and develop rosters better over time than most.
But that isn't to say that the lesser coaches, Stuart, Madge, Flanno cannot win a comp.

Hey it's round three and were 3-0 and we are all just looking at the positive and quite frankly your ruining all our cuddly feely feelings here.

McGreagor is currently a great coach who's very kind to puppies.
I'm sure at some stage this year he will return to being the muppet we know he is who drowns kittens, but until then don't kill the vibe man.

MilanDragon

Juniors

That’s an interesting perspective crush. Because if you reverse that, the last two years we didn’t have a FB with X factor, a leader in graham (though you could argue Thommo was), nor a world class half back. So by your theory as he lacked those tools he couldn’t have been successful.

Now I believe he could’ve ‘coached and game managed’ better over the last two years, however never had a squad to truly threaten the top 4. This year is a big measure of his coaching as he does have the cattle to win the comp.

You can’t win a comp without the right players, but you also need a coach to enable them and get them to the premiership, a truly mediocre coach wouldn’t be able to win a premiership, because for the X factor full back we have.. there’s another 5 out there. For the world class halves we have there are others out there, leaders in the forward pack there are others.

McGregor has still got lots of improving to do, but the noise seems to be he is doing a bit better this year.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Coach this roster that we are 3-0 some people just like to whinge a true half back can make the world of distance just look at our team we are playing the same game plan but the difference is we have a fullback who can run and pass and 7 that is leading us around which frees up widdop

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Mary has 2 new on field assistant coaches this year in Hunt and Graham.

Early days boys.

Let’s revisit our assessment in July/August

Agreed but till then, can just make some small talk to fill in the spaces?

I’ve gone nearly a week without bagging Mary and my wife wants to know why l’m talking at speed in a high voice!

Last edited:

The calm one

Juniors
Coaches are not irrelevant. Obviously a better coach adds more to a roster. Bellamy will get more out of a team than McGregor by a mile. And Bellamy will be way more consistent and develop rosters better over time than most.
But that isn't to say that the lesser coaches, Stuart, Madge, Flanno cannot win a comp.
I wanna see how Bellamy go’s without Cronk and a full season with the referees blowing the pea out of the whistle so he can’t cheat

Hilarious that people are trying to make sense of McGregor's early success... beep beep does not compute beep beep. I really like how the team has been coached from what I am seeing I'm also really enjoying the roster.

We all know the proof will be in the pudding come September and October if we get there...

Coach this roster that we are 3-0 some people just like to whinge a true half back can make the world of distance just look at our team we are playing the same game plan but the difference is we have a fullback who can run and pass and 7 that is leading us around which frees up widdop
Same game plan...really?

I wanna see how Bellamy go’s without Cronk and a full season with the referees blowing the pea out of the whistle so he can’t cheat
He would adapt and find another way.
He is already compensating for the loss of Cronk, McLean and the departure last season of Proctor.
You can theorize about what if, but you can't deny his results.
I don't like Melbourne's style but I respect Bellamy as a coach.
Wish we had him at the dragons instead of MacGregor.