What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
He is f**king injured .... ffs mate ... i am in no way saying it is NOT BAs fault at all, but please come up with something with some substance

Mannah has to be dropped or learn an offload or short pass before line.
T rex and Terepo showed some grunt

Gronk

Staff member
f**k. Just shows what happens when we get the ball. Tigers perfect and not off side once. Not ruck infringements. Perfect.

I’ll let the haters fill 10 pages while I walk the dog.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Panthers and Raiders (away) next two weeks

Like to say we will be 2-4

But 1-5 possibly?

0-6 reality

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And that is the problem. Our recruitment / depth has been gash

Seriously if may seem now but we finished 4th last year so what recruitment could we do? It's not like we could sack anyone, fans would be in an uproar (which doesn't mean much) as we finished 4th, but there didn't seem like we needed a massive recruitment campaign either!! On the balance, we added some potential quality within our cap capacity.

Everything is good in hindsight, but BA his brains trust did the best they could. We added a back to replace semi plus a prop to add to our rotation. And gave T-Rex a chance.

Really what would you have done? Who would have sacked ? Signed? For this year?

Now leading into next year is where they should be judged!!

Avenger

Immortal
He is f**king injured .... ffs mate ... i am in no way saying it is NOT BAs fault at all, but please come up with something with some substance
Ok mate. Being smart there. I'd reach out to Ricky Stuart and offer him Norman for Austin and Boyd.

Incorrect

Coach
Think more a case of Wests putting the Cue in the Rack,
Yep, more than likely ... But at the same time, maybe it forces a change of tactics and sees us chancing our arm a bit more earlier in games from now on instead of being too conservative and afraid to make mistakes. At 0 and 4, we might as well ask some questions instead of following the script we have so far.

strider

Post Whore
So do you agree with the rest of the changes?
And where would you have started Jennings?
Evans was a fair signing .... not great, but i dont believe is is the ONLY player we have tried to sign - shit sometimes doesnt come off

I think you are kidding tourself if you think its conclusive hoffman would be better at fullback than smith .... hoffman looks slow as shit .... only reason smith is there is cos the THREE yep THREE other preferred options for fullback are not available ... so again, reckon you are totally clutching at straws saying its a terrible decision

f**ked if i remember what else

If you want me to say what i said was bad decisions by BA BEFORE the season started ...

- bringing hayne back ... he is nothing decent anymore
- bringing williams back ... tho i reckon he went ok today
- evans is a fair signing, but we need another middle forward ... but i have no idea who we have tried to sign and dont pretend to know all about our situation

Chipmunk

Coach
We gifted our opponents cheap possession, which never gave us much of a chance.

It's all very well to say that if we get an even amount of possession that we will go better, but the style of play that we want to play, by getting off the line quickly, is now virtually outlawed in the game. So wanting to play that way is counter intuitive.

If we want to continue to play that style, which is what bought us success last season, then we're going to continue to give away penalties and we're going to continue to lose the possession and field position battle and we're going to continue to never really being in the contest.

We need to come up with something else than just playing with high intensity and aggressive defence, because along with incorrect play the balls, which was another reason we had success last season, being outlawed, we've now literally got f**k all of the ingredients that made us successful at the back end of last season.

Last edited:
And if we are 0-6 can we have some f**king consensus and admit that BA at least needs some f**king help? Toovey has already stated he would be more than happy with an assistant's gig.

An assistant can’t help us. Shit had to be sorted in the off season. What the f**k have they been doing in the off season?

Latest posts