What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Kodos to Mary so far as he had the ball#s to say that he finally had the team he wanted and has delivered. If they were 0-5 after that comment he would have been the laughing stock. Took guts and they are playing like a team that he wanted by the looks of him. Credit also to his other coaching staff in Head and Wayne Collins. Is that pommie dude also assistant? If so good pick up. He could also have added some value hence why they are going well.

They lose it's Mary's fault, they win it's the players fault. Mary just can't win.

As for Doust, he punted Mulholland and all was gone apparently, in comes Millward and the best roster was born. Kudos to him as well.

Dragons in great shape. Lets now keep Bennett and Hasler away and they will be fine.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Some people need to sit in a very dark and quiet place and play over and over the oils tune “short memory”.

5 wins and everything is solved. Yes life is that simple (sic).

The appointment of Craig Young to the board just highlighted the progressive nature of our Board to eliminate cronyism and have forward thinking business people on our Board with high degrees of commercial acumen. We should have invited the StGeorge Bank CEO or someone who knows something about actually running a business.

I love Albert, a helluva footballer and a good person but a Board member of a modern football club he just ain’t. Sorry but that is just calling it as it is. A Board isn’t meant to be a bunch of previous players. This isn’t romper room - or is it?

blacksafake

First Grade
Some people need to sit in a very dark and quiet place and play over and over the oils tune “short memory”.

The appointment of Craig Young to the board just highlighted the progressive nature of our Board to eliminate cronyism and have forward thinking business people on our Board with high degrees of commercial acumen. We should have invited the StGeorge Bank CEO or someone who knows something about actually running a business.

I love Albert, a helluva footballer and a good person but a Board member of a modern football club he just ain’t. Sorry but that is just calling it as it is. A Board isn’t meant to be a bunch of previous players. This isn’t romper room - or is it?
Stands & applauds.;)

hermidale1

Juniors
The scary part of all of this is Mary could get a new contract, which is a possibility.
And if that happens I feel sorry for the young forwards. Their only chance of getting an NRL spot will be with another club while this guy is at the helm.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

l'd like to buy you a drink.................make that a few!

Last edited:
The scary part of all of this is Mary could get a new contract, which is a possibility.
And if that happens I feel sorry for the young forwards. Their only chance of getting an NRL spot will be with another club while this guy is at the helm.
Watch out we're coming up to renewal time in a few weeks (based on past) - the urgency is that we might lose him to another club....

ouryears

Bench
Kodos to Mary so far as he had the ball#s to say that he finally had the team he wanted and has delivered. If they were 0-5 after that comment he would have been the laughing stock. Took guts and they are playing like a team that he wanted by the looks of him. Credit also to his other coaching staff in Head and Wayne Collins. Is that pommie dude also assistant? If so good pick up. He could also have added some value hence why they are going well.

They lose it's Mary's fault, they win it's the players fault. Mary just can't win.

As for Doust, he punted Mulholland and all was gone apparently, in comes Millward and the best roster was born. Kudos to him as well.

Dragons in great shape. Lets now keep Bennett and Hasler away and they will be fine.
Don't forget we also need to keep Madge, Jason Taylor, and
Titans ex coach can't remember his name....well away too!!

PS. Ohhh, and Laurie Daley too.

Any more?

Drag Queen

Bench

No need to insert (sic) your vocabulary is just fine.
Don't forget we also need to keep Madge, Jason Taylor, and
Titans ex coach can't remember his name....well away too!!

PS. Ohhh, and Laurie Daley too.

Any more?
Neil Henry ouryears. Got effed off thanks to Hayne. Seriously, the loyalty around some of these clubs is diabolical. I'm not so naive to know it's a business these days. Shame though. I know I've ranted on about Union but some teams could learn a thing or two from a few teams. Guilty as well. I want McGregor gone. There you have it.

ouryears

Bench
No need to insert (sic) your vocabulary is just fine.

Neil Henry ouryears. Got effed off thanks to Hayne. Seriously, the loyalty around some of these clubs is diabolical. I'm not so naive to know it's a business these days. Shame though. I know I've ranted on about Union but some teams could learn a thing or two from a few teams.
Oh yeah, Henry, thanks mate.
Ridiculous they backed Hayne and he left anyway.

Who runs that place?!

Ha ha, I think he would bring back Josh McCrone, Duges, and extend nighty for 5 more years!

Was involved with stock control at the Leagues when he was coach.
They used to have a bar up near the offices that was used for functions, the only stock in it was always a keg of Old.
When we asked why we were told is was for Craig's personal use only.

ouryears

Bench
Was involved with stock control at the Leagues when he was coach.
They used to have a bar up near the offices that was used for functions, the only stock in it was always a keg of Old.
When we asked why we were told is was for Craig's personal use only.
Wow some have it made.
Amazing they ever sacked him as coach with the old boys mentality so popular there.

ouryears

Bench
Vital Statistics
Nickname(s)
Mary
Born
Sunday, 31st December, 1967
Current Age
50 years and 102 days
Place Of Birth
Dapto, New South Wales, Australia
Biography
Dapto centre played reserve grade with I’warra in 1989 but returned to the local competition the following year to play with his mates.

McGregor was at first reluctant to return to grade but was finally lured back to the Steelers in 1991. Tall and solidly built, McGregor was selected for City Origin in 1991-92 before playing in all three matches of 1992’s State of Origin series.

He continued to impress with his strong, sharp bursts during the Steelers' semi-final campaign that year but after being plagued by a calf muscle injury in 1993, the 1994 season started horrendously when his jaw was smashed in a tackle during a pre-season match. For a time McGregor contemplated retirement but he returned to his best form and joined Brad Fittler in the NSW centres.

Regarded in most quarters to have played over the top of Australia's Test pair of Mal Meninga and Steve Renouf he was selected as a reserve back in Australia's Test team against France at P’matta Stadium.

McGregor made the most of his opportunity and scored a try when he made it onto the field but the 1994 Kangaroo Tour was personally unrewarding.

He made just three appearances before he was forced to return home early to treat a worsening hamstring injury. During the Super League war McGregor maintained his ranking as one of the best centres in the game but in the three years after the 1995 World Cup injury restricted his Test appearances to just one match (v. Rest of the World in 1997)

in 1999 he was ruled out of the ANZac Test when he suffered a recurrence of a blood-clotting problem which required surgery on his legs but he finished the season by captaining the merged St George I’warra club in its grand final loss to Melbourne.

Forced into retirement with a shoulder problem he returned to the Dragons after a year out of the game before finally retiring on his own terms at the end of 2001.

McGregor was later an assistant coach to Nathan Brown with the Dragons.

- ALAN WHITICKER

Career Statistics
All statistics shown in this section are based only on data available in the RLP database, and are not necessarily a complete and/or 100% accurate representation of a player's career. This information should be used as a guide only. If you see a question mark (?), it denotes that the figure is not available.

ouryears

Bench
Geeze, it's actually 50 per cent win record.

P McGregor

Coach

dragons-badge.svg

PROFILE BIO
Birthplace:
Dapto, New South Wales
Joined Club:

CLUB COACHING RECORD
WON
LOST

WIN PERCENTAGE
50 PER CENT

Bench
Got to say Mary so far doing a good job. Now on to more important issues that Mary needs to be taken.
His use of the bench is still a problem. His use of the bench last was worse then terrible.
We all know we are going to take a hit with SOO.
Who do we have to replace JDB, Frizell and maybe one or two more. Latimore seems to be his go to man. But does not have the skill set of JDB or Frizel.
Worse still if Hunt is selected who does he have in mind to replace him. Is Nicholls then man. Haven’t seen him on the bench at any time.
Mary gets a pass for the teams performance so far but lacks any foresight to the players coming through or his use of the bench.

ouryears

Bench
Got to say Mary so far doing a good job. Now on to more important issues that Mary needs to be taken.
His use of the bench is still a problem. His use of the bench last was worse then terrible.
We all know we are going to take a hit with SOO.
Who do we have to replace JDB, Frizell and maybe one or two more. Latimore seems to be his go to man. But does not have the skill set of JDB or Frizel.
Worse still if Hunt is selected who does he have in mind to replace him. Is Nicholls then man. Haven’t seen him on the bench at any time.
Mary gets a pass for the teams performance so far but lacks any foresight to the players coming through or his use of the bench.
The bench is an issue mate, but the other thing about giving other guys a go because they will be there for one match during SOO, no I can't agree.

I think we got to play our best team every week, the others can cope for the one game that they will be chosen for.

It's only one match this year where we will be affected

We can't prepare that side for what will be one game.