What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Parra

Referee
Less reliance on aero is the only way to get them closer . Can't see that happening in f1

Munted

Bench
Less reliance on aero is the only way to get them closer . Can't see that happening in f1
They need to do something.
I'd rather not count on misfortune like Haas f**king up, or Seb playing dodgem cars with Lewis to spice the order up.

With the starts an hour and ten later for euro races, I'll have to pass if the race is bat shit boring to begin.

Parra

Referee
Pick your tracks - Melbourne doesn't encourage overtaking or reward risk taking.

Baku, Austin, Monza, China, Montreal will all likely be better spectacles. The Melbourne race produces a lot of unreleased tension.

Parra

Referee
It was great to watch live - can see why it wasn't so great on TV.

There will be focus on Haas pitstops this year. Once is unfortunate, two in a row....what more can you say?

Life's Good

Coach
Whilst the race was tense it never reached any great height. The intervention of the safety car added something but the lack of overtaking for positions, even with 3 DRS zones & many battle groups, was a poor advertisement for the sport(either live - I had really good seats, or on TV).
Still loved the event(it is F1 after all) but I can understand casual fans not being too impressed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the large disparity between Merc/Ferrari and to a lesser extent Red Bull, with every other make, means the battle up front is boring as bat shit.

T-Boon

Coach
Vettel getting the better of Hamilton made it enjoyable. They need a hairpin at Melbourne.

Storm13

Juniors
Midfield is so far behind the top 3. That Honda engine finally looks decent, Hamilton needed most of the straight to fly pass with Drs.

Life's Good

Coach
Youch. Have to feel for Kimmi Raikonen's pit crew member who he hit leaving the pits. Guy has a fractured leg.

And it’s not the first fine KR has copped for an unsafe release.
Speaking of unsafe releases, this is the worst I have ever seen. Micheal Andretti in Indycar some years back.

Dodgy

Juniors
Ricciardo was openly critical of Bottas not having a go at Vettel in Bahrain & said he’d always go for it if/when he gets the chance. He did it today(several times) to again prove he is one of the best racers on the grid. So happy for him.
You're username is apt for a result like today's.

On a critical. Note, I'm not sure anyone should rip into Bottas for not passing Vettel last week. It could easily end in a collision. Maybe Bottas isn't as confident in attempting to pass as Danny, but that doesn't mean he deserves criticism.

Life's Good

Coach
You're username is apt for a result like today's.

On a critical. Note, I'm not sure anyone should rip into Bottas for not passing Vettel last week. It could easily end in a collision. Maybe Bottas isn't as confident in attempting to pass as Danny, but that doesn't mean he deserves criticism.

On today, I agree with you on Bottas. His tyres were shot & he was basically a sitting duck against Ricciardo who had much fresher rubber.
In Bahrain Bottas had the fresh tyres vs. Vettel but just couldnt muster a challenge. He’s in that space of ‘should I have a go & risk it or sit back & get big points’ because of his contract situation.
He’s a good driver but as many have commented he lacks a killer instinct(I agree too).

On my username, I’m pretty lucky in that the initials of my first & surname are LG so it seemed a good fit when joining LU. My Dragons are also helping that!

Dodgy

Juniors
If he didn't have the dumb crash in Albert Park qualifying, he'd probably be leading the championship now. I didn't see the race last week, he probably didn't go for it after a bad weekend at AP. He made some good moves today.

A weakness o this site is that it's hard to instantly figure who goes for what team.

Panthers v Dragons GF!

Storm13

Juniors
Very critical of the pecking order after the first race, but dam if the start of this season usnt one if the best this past few years. Only complaint is the gap from the front three to the midfield. If only Renault and McLaren were as good as they talked. McLaren second best chassis last year my arse.