What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs titans

betcats

Referee
As for Cronk. He has only played with Smith feeding him ball Friend is useless. Maloney always moving helps adapt sooner

Yeah Ellis and Yeo live together. Edwards, CHN and JFH all lived together. There is like 10 from 2015 NYC squad so years together does that

Its funny at 23/24 guys like Yeo and RCG are becoming senior players and leaders in this team. Even a guy like JFH is leading the way in terms of aggression.

betcats

Referee
Also good to see Tamou play well. This might sound silly but now that we have plenty of aggression in the forward pack I kind of like having a more level and calmer guy like Tamou playing off the bench especially with his experience, its a good balance in the pack. Merrin starts, tamou comes on and we almost always have a cooler head out there to check the young forwards and keep them playing to the game plan.

Now we are still paying him too much for what he produces on the field but I think he has some extra value that doesn't show up in stats.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If he didn't give away at least 4 penalties for holding in the ruck I'd give him an 8 or 9. He just put us under pressure too much.

Did anyone notice Wal, Katoa and Peachey were free styling the 6/9 between them in the second half? It was kind of majestic. Loved watching it.

He was slowing the play the ball, they probably would have scored tries on at least two of those penalties.

MrBlack

Juniors
Also good to see Tamou play well. This might sound silly but now that we have plenty of aggression in the forward pack I kind of like having a more level and calmer guy like Tamou playing off the bench especially with his experience, its a good balance in the pack. Merrin starts, tamou comes on and we almost always have a cooler head out there to check the young forwards and keep them playing to the game plan.

Now we are still paying him too much for what he produces on the field but I think he has some extra value that doesn't show up in stats.

I was very concerned with the impact our bench would have yesterday. Tamou did a great job to maintain momentum as did Leota. Simple game plan really, just hard straight running.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
A great win after the titans played well last week. I thought this one would be close.

Mansour is a loss, but can be well covered, he has been pretty poor so far this season.

If there is any game i do not want to lose, its next week Vs the Sharks. We never seem to win against them, and with Moylan now there, i want that win even more...

How good was Peachys send off for Cartwright hahaha was gold... Also RCG on the bike laughing his ass off as he walked past him into the sheds lol

franklin2323

Immortal

The good news is we no longer have a need to get big name recruits in. Finally hitting the right amount of experience

franklin2323

Immortal
A great win after the titans played well last week. I thought this one would be close.

Mansour is a loss, but can be well covered, he has been pretty poor so far this season.

If there is any game i do not want to lose, its next week Vs the Sharks. We never seem to win against them, and with Moylan now there, i want that win even more...

How good was Peachys send off for Cartwright hahaha was gold... Also RCG on the bike laughing his ass off as he walked past him into the sheds lol

It was so good. My bay booed him to make his pea heart not carve us up. He did nothing when he came back on so the players giving it too him worked

GongPanther

Referee
Eels x 2.
Cowboys away
Titans
Souths
Dogs

Are they all easy games? I dont think so. I dont think any game in the nrl is.
Lets see where some of these teams are at the end of the season. Eels seem a mess but only a few players away from beeing contenders. Nrl is a tight competition. If your down 10% or the ball doesnt bounce your way you lose.

Souths belted the roosters while titans beat the broncos. On form only Panthers,Saints,Tigers and warriors have performed well. You could argue evryone else has been average.
Also Cleary,DWZ,Blake,Mansour missing today. That is 4/7 of the backline. Hook has done well and so has the team.
And to come from behind to win some of these games shows great character.

GongPanther

Referee

The crowd should have sarcastically cheered him off as if he was still playing for us.:)

franklin2323

Immortal
And to come from behind to win some of these games shows great character.

Early on teams can't stay focused for the full 80. Luckily it only cost us one win. Now you are starting to see teams find their mental fitness and see some higher scores.

On who we played. GC and Souths have only lost to the top 3 teams. Before a ball was kicked off everyone assumed Parra and NQ was stronger so the results looking back seem easy opposition. How many of us here if asked 3 months ago would we beat NQ and Parra away missing Cleary would actually think we would?

OldPanther

Coach
Early on teams can't stay focused for the full 80. Luckily it only cost us one win. Now you are starting to see teams find their mental fitness and see some higher scores.

On who we played. GC and Souths have only lost to the top 3 teams. Before a ball was kicked off everyone assumed Parra and NQ was stronger so the results looking back seem easy opposition. How many of us here if asked 3 months ago would we beat NQ and Parra away missing Cleary would actually think we would?

We'd only tip us out of loyalty. They showed up with the right attitude and got a good win.

franklin2323

Immortal
We'd only tip us out of loyalty. They showed up with the right attitude and got a good win.

I did think Parra's soft draw and Arthur's ordinary record as coach was overlooked but I didn't think they were this bad. I also like we change tactics to combat who we are playing

Anyone who actually looked at the Parra squad knew last year was a fluke with a very easy run home. Nathan Brown is the only forward who makes our 17 and he gets a bench spot. Awful pack and peaheart halves

OldPanther

Coach
I did think Parra's soft draw and Arthur's ordinary record as coach was overlooked but I didn't think they were this bad. I also like we change tactics to combat who we are playing

It's a shame really but it happens when you've got 2 players with the right attitude. Brown and Guth can't carry Eels.

Yeah this week Griffin tried to have us attack more out wide. Was nice to watch.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone who actually looked at the Parra squad knew last year was a fluke with a very easy run home. Nathan Brown is the only forward who makes our 17 and he gets a bench spot. Awful pack and peaheart halves

16 games at ANZ too. old and slow backs too with a myth coach... Lets hope those pricks don't win a game