What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs titans

franklin2323

Immortal
It's a shame really but it happens when you've got 2 players with the right attitude. Brown and Guth can't carry Eels.

Yeah this week Griffin tried to have us attack more out wide. Was nice to watch.

GC defence is weaker than Parra. Around the halves is where you hit them and short balls as forwards get lazy. Same should be tactics for this week

hindy111

Post Whore
Tamou scoring, Panthers winning...Probably in a corner in tears

Hiding under this perhaps?

images

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone who actually looked at the Parra squad knew last year was a fluke with a very easy run home. Nathan Brown is the only forward who makes our 17 and he gets a bench spot. Awful pack and peaheart halves

To be fair they played the Panthers twice this season and with your far superior team its ended 4 tries a piece.Including 2 the eels bombed in the last game. Sure in the 2nd game panthers where missing Cleary and DWZ. Eels didnt have Gutherson,Hayne,Bevan or Takarangi.

I agree that our pack is weaker but the eels just miss 2 real good forwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
16 games at ANZ too. old and slow backs too with a myth coach... Lets hope those pricks don't win a game

Tend to agree with BA. Nice guy and good motivator but lacks tactics and a game plan.
This seasons over but 1 or 2 new additions and they will be in with a shot.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am definitely hoping they don’t win a game. I bet money on Parra to win the spoon when it was still paying $11 to $1 (right after their 50 point loss to Manly).

Horror draw somfar for the eels. Twice there opponents had an extra 3 days rest and twice there opponents had an extra 2 days rest. It takes its toll.

Lets see when you guys play the dogs again. Panthers play on the Sunday at 4pm while the dogs on the Thursday. One team will have 7 full days to prepare and rest while you will have 4.
Id expect Panthers to still win but imagine 4 of your first 5 games teams getting that advantage . Cant count rnd 1.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tend to agree with BA. Nice guy and good motivator but lacks tactics and a game plan.
This seasons over but 1 or 2 new additions and they will be in with a shot.

Need 3-4 new forwards and some outside backs. There was a few good ones in NYC.

He seems to be better suited to an Assistant then a coach. winning % of 42% and no finals win certainly is an ordinary record

franklin2323

Immortal
I am definitely hoping they don’t win a game. I bet money on Parra to win the spoon when it was still paying $11 to $1 (right after their 50 point loss to Manly).

I got on them to miss the 8 at good odds didn't go the spoon regretting it now

YoungPanther

Juniors
The most pleasing aspect for me has been the defence. There were so many times yesterday where we made a 3rd man tackle which helped push back the Titans. JFH and Wal deserve extra kudos but the whole pack really are working together and you can see how aggressive they are. Really not used to Panthers defending well, not a trait we are well known for. Very happy indeed.

OldPanther

Coach
To be fair they played the Panthers twice this season and with your far superior team its ended 4 tries a piece.Including 2 the eels bombed in the last game. Sure in the 2nd game panthers where missing Cleary and DWZ. Eels didnt have Gutherson,Hayne,Bevan or Takarangi.

I agree that our pack is weaker but the eels just miss 2 real good forwards.

Cleary, DWZ, Blake during the game, Mckendry, our injuries were as bad as yours.

tripster

Juniors
Based on current form, there is absolutely no way the Bryce Cartwright would get a spot in the Panthers Top 17.

I honestly thought that he would step up and give the Panthers a headache or two yesterday but offered nothing.

I agree that he would struggle to make the side.

I also think the booing really got to him yesterday. In one of his first touches he had the ball on the last near the sideline about 20 metre out from our line. He was receiving massive boos from the crowd, and then ended up putting in a terrible kick on the last. His head also went down and he basically slunk off after getting binned.

I actually feel for the guy. He didn't leave chasing more money or on bad terms - he left because his life was a mess and getting away from Penrith was supposed to help improve things for him.

Assuming we aren't still paying anything out of his old salary, we have massively dodged a bullet offloading him. I almost fell like we have conned the Titans. He was supposedly on $500,000 a season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree that he would struggle to make the side.

I also think the booing really got to him yesterday. In one of his first touches he had the ball on the last near the sideline about 20 metre out from our line. He was receiving massive boos from the crowd, and then ended up putting in a terrible kick on the last. His head also went down and he basically slunk off after getting binned.

I actually feel for the guy. He didn't leave chasing more money or on bad terms - he left because his life was a mess and getting away from Penrith was supposed to help improve things for him.

Assuming we aren't still paying anything out of his old salary, we have massively dodged a bullet offloading him. I almost fell like we have conned the Titans. He was supposedly on $500,000 a season.

My mates booed for that very reason. To get in his head the pea heart

Nothing wrong with that but playing footy is never going to give him the space he needs

mxlegend99

Referee
Horror draw somfar for the eels. Twice there opponents had an extra 3 days rest and twice there opponents had an extra 2 days rest. It takes its toll.

Lets see when you guys play the dogs again. Panthers play on the Sunday at 4pm while the dogs on the Thursday. One team will have 7 full days to prepare and rest while you will have 4.
Id expect Panthers to still win but imagine 4 of your first 5 games teams getting that advantage . Cant count rnd 1.

Tigers have faced Storm twice, Roosters, Broncos, Sea Eagles and Eels. At the start of ghe year they would have been tipped to lose all 6 games. But they show up and have a crack no matter what goes against them.

Panthers draw has been easy so far. But the draw ends up evening out a bit by the time all games are played. We will have a tougher period. Eels will get an easier one

Its the tough games that tell you where you're at though. Panthers can be a legitimate premiership threat if we challenge in all games and win a few of the games against Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Warriors and Dragons

Win 50% of those. Be competitive in them all. Instantly a threat. Lose them all though... we're just making the numbers up

I cant wait to see how we stack up against good sides. See if Maloney is the answer to beating them. Being flat track bullies is fun. But being a premiership threat is better.

Latest posts