What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6-6 to June

Travitoh

First Grade
Sadly falling short of the predicted 5-3 record going into May by a game, I'm going to have a crack a the next month of results.

@ Newcastle - Win.
It'll be a good contest but contain Ponga and they won't have much else to throw at us.

v StGI - Loss.
Best side in the comp so far this year, no shame in dropping points to them.

@ Nth Qld - Winnable.
Sam v Taumololo will be a huge match up!

@ NZ - Winnable.
Got off to a great start but have stumbled. Will be tough and most likely a loss but possible.

There are 3 winnable games in the next bunch and i would love to back us in to go 3-1 but a 2-2 run in what is possibly our toughest month of the season will give Souths a good launching pad going into the final 2 months of the minor season.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sadly falling short of the predicted 5-3 record going into May by a game, I'm going to have a crack a the next month of results.

@ Newcastle - Win.
It'll be a good contest but contain Ponga and they won't have much else to throw at us.

v StGI - Loss.
Best side in the comp so far this year, no shame in dropping points to them.

@ Nth Qld - Winnable.
Sam v Taumololo will be a huge match up!

@ NZ - Winnable.
Got of to a great start but have stumbled. Will be tough and most likely a loss but possible.

There are 3 winnable games in the next bunch and i would love to back us in to go 3-1 but a 2-2 run in what is possibly our toughest month of the season will give Souths a good launching pad going into the final 2 months of the minor season.
We must be 6-6. Not questioning you mate, but where is the guy who fell off his chair in disbelief at my 6-6 opinion??

We'd wanna get on a run between rounds 13-20 as well as our last 5 games this year are Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Canberra and Tigers. No tougher run than that!!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Potentially all games are winnable. I think the dragons game could be very winnable after the close loss to them earlier. Sam will be back.

And let’s face it, 6-6 in this comp this year isn’t as bad as it seems.
I wouldn’t worry about death riding dip shits who only brag about picking Souths losing and nothing else.

callmack1

Staff member
I think the next month are all winnable games if we play to our potential and are more ruthless/clinical.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the boys respond to last night.

callmack1

Staff member
@callmack1 next 3 weeks will be very challenging!

Gotta really focus on tightening that defence up!
Agreed, they'll all be a good test and our character will be tested. if we can come out the other side in three weeks in a good position, it'll really set us up well for the second half of the year.

Gotta stay focussed and not get cocky.

Travitoh

First Grade
The next three weeks will be tough but i guarentee we won't go 0-3.

6-6 into June!

I’m pretty confidant we won’t go 0-3 also. We are a different team than the last two season and still so much to improve on. You look at the dragons and they seem like they are ready for a grand final now but it’s not til October. The season is all about building combos and banking points and if we stay relitively injury and suspension free we will be playing im September’s and maybe even October.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agreed, they'll all be a good test and our character will be tested. if we can come out the other side in three weeks in a good position, it'll really set us up well for the second half of the year.

Gotta stay focussed and not get cocky.
Exactly right!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m thinking 8-4 or I would even take 7-5
Let us dream hahahaha!!

Just realised tonight Round 13 we will be without our origin guys! That'll be tough!

Remember though Windsor that we haven't beat the Cows in ages. They've been a bogey team for us and if they don't win this week for the Cows it's probably curtains. We have to complete highly bro and the old cliche one week at a time. Such a tough comp it is!

Plus quite a few upsets too this round and no doubt many more to come!

I won't be happy though now if we aren't at least 7-5. Must win at least one of the next 2. Gotta find a way!

Let us dream hahahaha!!

Just realised tonight Round 13 we will be without our origin guys! That'll be tough!

Remember though Windsor that we haven't beat the Cows in ages. They've been a bogey team for us and if they don't win this week for the Cows it's probably curtains. We have to complete highly bro and the old cliche one week at a time. Such a tough comp it is!

I won't be happy though now if we aren't at least 7-5. Must win at least one of the next 2. Gotta find a way![/QUOTE

Well then I think we need to beat them next week and change that stat.

callmack1

Staff member
Let us dream hahahaha!!

I won't be happy though now if we aren't at least 7-5. Must win at least one of the next 2. Gotta find a way!
We will also be without our Origin stars in Round 14 against the Titans and Round 18 against the Bulldogs as they are both only a couple of days after Origin and it's unlikely those players will back up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We will also be without our Origin stars in Round 14 against the Titans and Round 18 against the Bulldogs as they are both only a couple of days after Origin and it's unlikely those players will back up.
I don't know whether GI will back up but I expect Gagai too and if Cook makes origin we may need to play Farah off the bench for those games.

Pommy

Coach
I don't know whether GI will back up but I expect Gagai too and if Cook makes origin we may need to play Farah off the bench for those games.

Why risk injuring Cook when Farah isn’t a bad alternative.
Sure cook has been in great form this season but is it worth risking putting his body on the line with a long season ahead?
I would consider it to be very bad man management if Seibs tries to get Cook to back up with Farah in the squad.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I guess it depends how many mins Cook plays if he makes origin!

Cook may play off the bench for us and back up! Add real spark off the bench for 35mins.

Latest posts