What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

Tommy Smith

Referee
I have to disagree. Pearce's passing and kicking games have been consistently good over many years. He is an NRL quality half.

What separates him from the great halfs, and the reason that I don't want him anywhere near a blues jersey, is his ability to perform under fatigue. He just goes to water.
Pressure, not fatigue.

Everything else you said is spot on.

Pearce has a sublime long passing game and probably possesses the best long kicking game in the comp. He's also a tremendous organiser. These qualities make him a high class regular season halfback.

But Origin is all about the pressure. It's the cauldron. And handling the big moments has always been Pearce's achilles heal.

That's why Cleary looks the goods. He has the "Cool Hand Luke" vibe. If he's fit he must be picked.

Pressure, not fatigue.

Everything else you said is spot on.

Pearce has a sublime long passing game and probably possesses the best long kicking game in the comp. He's also a tremendous organiser. These qualities make him a high class regular season halfback.

But Origin is all about the pressure. It's the cauldron. And handling the big moments has always been Pearce's achilles heal.

That's why Cleary looks the goods. He has the "Cool Hand Luke" vibe. If he's fit he must be picked.
Really? I mean in Origin it was outright terrible, what was he aiming for everytime? Billy Slaters chest?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I am a little worried about rushing Cleary in at 21 with only a few games match fitness. He is no doubt the long term halfback but I think we should be careful about throwing him in there.

Moylan hasn't been in the best form but he has played origin before and went quite well imo. He does have a bit of x factor and is young enough to be a long term player for NSW. He could be a left field selection

I am a little worried about rushing Cleary in at 21 with only a few games match fitness. He is no doubt the long term halfback but I think we should be careful about throwing him in there.

Moylan hasn't been in the best form but he has played origin before and went quite well imo. He does have a bit of x factor and is young enough to be a long term player for NSW. He could be a left field selection
Thisssss

big hit!

Bench
His decision making is terrible though. Most likely a product of being in a Roosters systems specifically designed for him and not having any free thinking encouraged.

kind of like how cronk is so used to the melbourne system and trying to play that highly structured game at moore park. it just doesn't work for tedesco and keary at the moment

Jason Maher

Immortal
Given Cleary will be back next week, we can breathe a huge sigh of relief over the halves.

Revised team.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
13. Jack de Belin

14. Wade Graham
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. David Klemmer
17. Tyrone Peachey

Addo-Carr and Latrell are must picks. Genuine attacking weapons and in red hot form.The other centre spot is up in the air. Roberts, Dylan Walker, Euan Aitken are the main candidates. For the other wing, Nick Cotric is the only genuine winger that springs to mind. I think both Tom T and Tedesco should be in the team, so one plays wing. Roberts also has the sheer speed to play on the wing. I suppose arm twisted behind my back I might acknowledge Ferguson still exists, although I am sick of both him and Dugan.

In the pack, I'd like to imagine Woods and Jackson can be punted. Especially Woods. Klemmer has been a monster in a shit Dogs team, and probably is best suited to the bench impact role, but I'd happily start him. McInnes for mine is the best of the hooking options, but that might be bias. Cook, Koroisau, and the incumbent Peats are the other options. Vaughan, Frizell, de Belin, and Sims have all been in tremendous form, but I'm not sure I want that huge a hole blown in my side, especially if McInnes and Aitken also get the nod. Jake T, Graham, RCG all seem obvious picks.

If we're going for a bench utility, Peachey seems superior in every way to the incumbent fat lump from Brisbane. I haven't been watching Canberra, so don't know if Blake Austin has done anything to put his name back in the ring.

Given Cleary will be back next week, we can breathe a huge sigh of relief over the halves.

Revised team.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Cameron McInnes
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
13. Jack de Belin

14. Wade Graham
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. David Klemmer
17. Tyrone Peachey

Addo-Carr and Latrell are must picks. Genuine attacking weapons and in red hot form.The other centre spot is up in the air. Roberts, Dylan Walker, Euan Aitken are the main candidates. For the other wing, Nick Cotric is the only genuine winger that springs to mind. I think both Tom T and Tedesco should be in the team, so one plays wing. Roberts also has the sheer speed to play on the wing. I suppose arm twisted behind my back I might acknowledge Ferguson still exists, although I am sick of both him and Dugan.

In the pack, I'd like to imagine Woods and Jackson can be punted. Especially Woods. Klemmer has been a monster in a shit Dogs team, and probably is best suited to the bench impact role, but I'd happily start him. McInnes for mine is the best of the hooking options, but that might be bias. Cook, Koroisau, and the incumbent Peats are the other options. Vaughan, Frizell, de Belin, and Sims have all been in tremendous form, but I'm not sure I want that huge a hole blown in my side, especially if McInnes and Aitken also get the nod. Jake T, Graham, RCG all seem obvious picks.

If we're going for a bench utility, Peachey seems superior in every way to the incumbent fat lump from Brisbane. I haven't been watching Canberra, so don't know if Blake Austin has done anything to put his name back in the ring.
Euan Aitken for James Roberts
Damien Cook for Tyrone Peachey

And I'd leave Nathan Cleary. I think we can build the next decade of NSW rugby league around this kid but I wouldn't want to risk him after coming back from a month off. I'd gladly lose Origin 1 or this entire series if it means that it's best for his development.

Clifferd

Coach
Turbo is aids atm. Cleary has to get back to his best virtually straight away otherwise I’d probably leave him for game 1. No rush

isaiah

Bench

Revised team.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Cameron McInnes
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
13. Jack de Belin

14. Wade Graham
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. David Klemmer
17. Tyrone Peachey

Revised team.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Cameron McInnes
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
13. Jack de Belin

14. Wade Graham
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. David Klemmer
17. Tyrone Peachey

I think vaughan, addo-Carr and Mitchell are your weaknesses. Can win an nrl game but can lose an origin.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well they've never played an Origin game so I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

Give them a go and find out. What's the worst that could happen, a 13th series loss in 14 years? (Not sure if right I've lost count).

OldPanther

Coach
Well they've never played an Origin game so I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

Give them a go and find out. What's the worst that could happen, a 13th series loss in 14 years? (Not sure if right I've lost count).

This. It's time to start taking risks.

Clifferd

Coach
Please clarify how it is that Paul Vaughan is going to cost NSW an origin win? I can't wait to be enlightened.

This

Not sure how a bloke who would be playing 35-40mins max carting the ball up forward would Be the sole reason nsw lose haha