What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

One door closes, another door opens.

If Flo retires and Nene goes to Cowboys
players like Mann and Lomax have the opportunity to play FG as wingers.

Same applies to LAM leaving.

Lawrie/Leilua and Kerr have a chance to fill LAM’s position.

Are the juniors ready ?

Not yet, until they are thrust in to the battle for at least half a season we can’t be certain.

Prefer to lose a few games and blood them.

If they cut the mustard it’s a win for salary cap management.

If they don’t we need to look externally

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
The Lurker is about as credible as a pot plant, BUT... One of our very credible posters in JA did say that we are interested in bringing Gideon Gela Mosby down from the Cowboys. Could be some sort of swap.
Pretty sure we looked at him a couple of years ago before he re-signed with the cowboys

Dragon Revival

Juniors
MacDonald has also been quoted prevoiusly as wanting to play for PNG in the NRL. I would suggest that he could be gone in 2020 or 2019 if they let him go a year earlier.
We should try to replace Nightingale and MacDonald with some of our younger brigade such as Mann, Lomax,
Pereira or Gillard if they are judged to be competent replacements.

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that Nene has had a far better season so far then last year , however I must be honest and say that I will not miss him . His defence is too suspect for my liking . As already said by other members this will now open the door ( finally ) for our junior players and that can only be a good thing .

Last edited:

willzy91

Juniors
Nene was never at the Cowboys to start with. He's been at the Roosters and the Titans.
Thats about as much credibility the Lurker has.

He’s from port morseby so obviously he wants to be closer and cowboys being the closest nrl team it makes sense. Also the cowboys are in desperate need of a winger.

slippery5

Juniors
I believe that Nene has had a far better season so far then last year , however I must be honest and say that I will not miss him . His defence is too suspect for my liking . As already said by other members this will now open the door ( finally ) for other players and that can only be a good thing .
I wouldn't miss him if he went tomorrow, he couldn't bust a grape let alone a tackle & Lafai can go with him the only time he performs is when he's playing for a contract renewal.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think Nene has been pretty good this year.

I agree, Nene has had his best year in 1st grade imo.
Scored 7 tries (Aitken has 8) had 45 tackle breaks (Aitken has 37) missed 11 tackles (Aitken missed 25).
Finally playing on his preferred side as well.
We have been screaming for a tall winger, and yet some want to replace him with one who stands at 5'10, weighing 89kg's and currently playing reggies.

The biggest concern is not Nene but more so Lafai. But even he is doing his job in a team that sits on top of the ladder.

ouryears

Bench
Scored 7 tries (Aitken has 8) had 45 tackle breaks (Aitken has 37) missed 11 tackles (Aitken missed 25).
We have been screaming for a tall winger, and yet some want to replace him with one who stands at 5'10, weighing 89kg's and currently playing reggies.

The biggest concern is not Nene but more so Lafai. But even he is doing his job in a team that sits on top of the ladder.
I cant take to Nene, still seems a powder puff to me, Ado Carr, Morris, and another 14 wingers run rings round him from what I see. Just something irks me about him, wish it didn't, but does.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have watched Field quite a few times. I believe all that he has going for him is pace as an individual. He is not a great goal kicker or line kicker and is brittle in defence. Jamie Soward has been critical of his passing. He would be better in sevens rugby or nines league but would let in heaps of tries. Herbert would be our best backline utility as he has speed, good hands and is solid in defence

slippery5

Juniors

I just question stats when it comes to line breaks, (actually I hate stats unless it's point scored & against) it appears that you are credited for a line break if you push off a defender & run sideways a few meters. Hitting the defence line at speed & busting straight through like Radradra did for the Eels he does not. But I do think he is running at the line with more leg speed this year compared to his short side step deviations as he approached the defence line last year. Its something that I look for in a player & their are a couple of players in the league who definitely pull up a bit when hitting the line.