What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Wighton - Nightclub Fight (Still gets paid)

Vee

First Grade
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ay-again-this-nrl-season-20180706-p4zpwj.html

Wighton's mouthpiece has applied to have the footage suppressed because Jack is well known and would suffer extra curial punishment (whatever that is) if it's made public.

Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done. A lack of transparency here would only exacerbate the feeling of justice denied engendered by all the BS legal tricks pulled on his behalf so far.

You played up Jack, its time to man up and take responsibility for your actions.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ay-again-this-nrl-season-20180706-p4zpwj.html

Wighton's mouthpiece has applied to have the footage suppressed because Jack is well known and would suffer extra curial punishment (whatever that is) if it's made public.

Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done. A lack of transparency here would only exacerbate the feeling of justice denied engendered by all the BS legal tricks pulled on his behalf so far.

You played up Jack, its time to man up and take responsibility for your actions.
Wtf are you on about. He pleaded guilty and now, like all Australians, has the right to go through the sentencing process.

Vee

First Grade
Wtf are you on about. He pleaded guilty and now, like all Australians, has the right to go through the sentencing process.
Only first Australians have his soft option. And only rich, privileged Australians can afford this option.

Sorry (there, I said it), stand up and own your actions, don't hide behind legal tricks.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Only first Australians have his soft option. And only rich, privileged Australians can afford this option.

Sorry (there, I said it), stand up and own your actions, don't hide behind legal tricks.
What's a first Australian?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

So what do you want him to do? Sentence himself?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Haha what a strange line of attack

Fwiw, details emerged in the papers that he assaulted several people unprovoked
He should be sacked imo
I agree he should go.

For some reason the club looks intent on not just keeping him but having him play asap.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Haha what a strange line of attack

Fwiw, details emerged in the papers that he assaulted several people unprovoked
He should be sacked imo
I agree he should go.

For some reason the club looks intent on not just keeping him but having him play asap.
I wish I could say I’m surprised
But I’m not. This is the Raiders after all

Can you really blame them?

I mean with the exception of Monaghan every time the club has sacked a player for bad behavior they've finished the season at another club on a contract of similar if not better value and the only people that end up getting punished for the players bad behavior is the club...

Why bother when that is the outcome, may as well let him play out his contract with the club unless they can package him up in some trade deal or piss him off to England.

Travitoh

First Grade
Ripping up a players contract isn't a punishment as all it does is allow the player to enter the open market.

nick87

Coach

I mean with the exception of Monaghan every time the club has sacked a player for bad behavior they've finished the season at another club on a contract of similar if not better value and the only people that end up getting punished for the players bad behavior is the club...

Why bother when that is the outcome, may as well let him play out his contract with the club unless they can package him up in some trade deal or piss him off to England.

Yeah i get that, like why bother sacking him so some other club picks him up cheaply and reaps the rewards... but im really beyond the point in my life where i value wins from my footy team THAT much.

Like i just dont want to have to cheer for a guy who indiscriminately bashes people.

Also if we can turn his cap space (which is sizable) into an upgrade at half over Austin (i.e ANYONE NOT NAMED SAM WILLIAMS) and a middle forward, then we move Cotric or Rapana to fullback and Oldfield moves into our top 17... im pretty convinced that would result in a better team than we're currently going to trot out next year... not that it particularly matters with our f**kwit of a coach and the f**king clowns running this club.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yeah i get that, like why bother sacking him so some other club picks him up cheaply and reaps the rewards... but im really beyond the point in my life where i value wins from my footy team THAT much.

It's got nothing to do with wanting the team to win more or less, I'd give the same advice to any club, it's just an understanding that firing him isn't a punishment in the least, and as such morally accomplishes nothing!

The only purpose in the Raiders firing him would be for them to take a hit so they can amplify the righteousness of the club to the public, other than that it'd serve no real practical purpose and I see no reason why the club should flagellate it's self in the public arena when none of the fault was theirs.

Like i just dont want to have to cheer for a guy who indiscriminately bashes people.

Firstly we don't know that is the case, the court hasn't released the evidence against him and anything other than the evidence is just hearsay.

Secondly you best stop supporting any of the players cause nobody is a morally perfect being that has done nothing wrong in their lives, so why stop at people that get into fights, the team is undoubtedly full of lairs, philanderers, thieves, cheats, etc, etc, why stop at drunkards and brawlers?

You are standing on the edge of a never ending purity spiral and I'm sure that you my friend are not pure!

Pedge1971

First Grade

The irony is the raiders have let a lot of better players go for a lot less bad behaviour.

Simple Jack was the wrong player and situation to play that card on...

Latest posts