What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbit(s20) proof forum fence.

SBD82

Coach
Hey bunnies fans.

Every time I try to read one of your threads it's ruined by your resident lunatic. Which is a real shame, because it would be nice to be able to engage with your decent supporters.

Lucky for us, our friend has me on ignore. And apparently that means that he can't see a thread that I create.

So this thread is my gift to you, and I'd like to dedicate this thread to interclub supporters' conversations about souths.

SBD82

Coach
My first question is this:

Souths have based a lot of their attack on Cook's work behind the ruck, and players pushing up and supporting him. Or Cook gets a quick play the ball and the ball spreads quickly to give your halves a shot at a retreating defence.

I think the major reason for how successful this has been this year has been the referees' interpretation of the ruck, and the crackdown that happened earlier in the season on players slowing the play the ball. I think your halves, particularly walker, play much better off the cuff than in set formation.

With the referees relaxing how severely they monitor the ruck, and Cook unlikely to have as much opportunity as he did earlier in the season, how do you think that souths' attack can overcome this? Do you think think that seibold has the nous and the time to implement changes?

Curns13

Juniors
My first question is this:

Souths have based a lot of their attack on Cook's work behind the ruck, and players pushing up and supporting him. Or Cook gets a quick play the ball and the ball spreads quickly to give your halves a shot at a retreating defence.

I think the major reason for how successful this has been this year has been the referees' interpretation of the ruck, and the crackdown that happened earlier in the season on players slowing the play the ball. I think your halves, particularly walker, play much better off the cuff than in set formation.

With the referees relaxing how severely they monitor the ruck, and Cook unlikely to have as much opportunity as he did earlier in the season, how do you think that souths' attack can overcome this? Do you think think that seibold has the nous and the time to implement changes?
I think last night showed that we need more options. The Tigers are a well coached and disciplined team and our attack was found to be below par. Obviously adding GI for Hunt makes an immediate big impact, but we still need some more variety in attack. Our left side attack has been so effective that teams will be going out of their way to shut it down, like we saw last night, so now we need another string to our bow.

I honestly thought we’d be struggling to make the 8, so really anything other success from here is a bonus. I’d say we’re at least a year ahead of schedule. I’m interested to see what Seibold has in store.

SBD82

Coach
I think last night showed that we need more options. The Tigers are a well coached and disciplined team and our attack was found to be below par. Obviously adding GI for Hunt makes an immediate big impact, but we still need some more variety in attack. Our left side attack has been so effective that teams will be going out of their way to shut it down, like we saw last night, so now we need another string to our bow.

I honestly thought we’d be struggling to make the 8, so really anything other success from here is a bonus. I’d say we’re at least a year ahead of schedule. I’m interested to see what Seibold has in store.
I don't think the situation is by any means dire, and the tigers have been as good as anyone with their attitude in defence this year. As you say, inglis will add a threat on that left side too.

I guess my big concern would be whether Walker and Reynolds have the game to make the plays when Cook is being shut down. The twins have been great for you his year, but as the refs allow more wrestle to creep back in they are going to get turned on their back more often, and those quick play the balls will be gone.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
@SBD82
Couldn't give a flying f**k what your opinion or wisdom is on the Bunnies so keep your BS on your own forum.
And as for coming on here and trashing Rabs20,he's a passionate Rabbitohs supporter mate who I'd have at my dinner table anytime over your f**ked up type!

SBD82

Coach
@SBD82
Couldn't give a flying f**k what your opinion or wisdom is on the Bunnies so keep your BS on your own forum.
And as for coming on here and trashing Rabs20,he's a passionate Rabbitohs supporter mate who I'd have at my dinner table anytime over your f**ked up type!
Thanks for your contribution. Please feel free to also put me in ignore so that this thread doesn't appear for you.

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with your points about Souths but there is no need to come in here and make a new thread to stir up shit. As Itsa said, R20 is a very passionate guy and that should be celebrated.

Pommy

Coach
S/Sport was only having an honest & accurate crack at a DOG------that's fine!!! That's not trolling!!

On the other hand,R20,a Sths man was being trolled unjustly---that's definitely NOT OK!!

And biassed I'm NOT!!!!

R20 carries on like a turnip and has justified people trolling him.

Latest posts