What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I'm one of our most yellow-bellied fans, but I always believe we can win any game. That goes for the last six years.
We haven't had a consistent run of wins since the Daniel Anderson days. So I understand why we've come to have this 'expect to lose' mentality. They might say 'oh you know us...we've lost these games before' but in the end, come game time, whether they realise it or not, they want what I'VE been saying this whole time. And thats for us to win :)

Leber

Bench
Yeah if you read my post PROPERLY, it doesn't say YOU are a negative Warriors fan. Even a 'teacher' would see that.

Yeah I got that Titans game wrong, so what? you win some, you lose some and NOBODY picked the Titans to THRASH us. I am happy Luke got to rest that week, I didn't brag about how I knew what was best for a grade 1 calf strain and in the end, thats what they went with.

Furthermore, last year I took part in our boards 'guess this weeks winners' that Rich promoted and I picked the Warriors 95% of the time and they lost heaps. I ended up coming third.

Does your finger ever get sore from holding down the shift key, or do you hit the caps lock button?

Just curious.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Does your finger ever get sore from holding down the shift key, or do you hit the caps lock button?

Just curious.
I knew you wouldn't reply in a civilised manner. Bascially because you were wrong lol :)

Ill stick with your new subject because I don't deviate when defeated. I hit the shift key :) (mic drop). HAHA

Leber

Bench
I knew you wouldn't reply in a civilised manner. Bascially because you were wrong lol :)

Ill stick with your new subject because I don't deviate when defeated. I hit the shift key :) (mic drop). HAHA

That was civilised. I never said anything negative. And I wasn't wrong... I never said "you were calling me negative" I simply said that I wasn't being negative.

Stop being your usual 'delusions of ganduer' self

BLN2

Juniors
Guys we're playing at home - Should be under dogs..

Sounds like both Pearce and Ponga are 50/50, expect them to be named though. We need to bash them through the middle, they score a lot of tries through the second rowers off the back of Ponga. Don't give them too many chances on our line is key. Don't rate their edge defence however, should be targeting out wide. It sucks we have Kata, it basically eliminates Maumalo as an attacking option.

Leber

Bench
Oh hold on...lets look here and read your IMMEDIATE reply to my sentence above. The context of your post and its immediate response to mine.

I'm the one that commented, and you replied with "our most negative minded fans". You didn't state that "I" was negative, but you commented about negativity in response to my comment. I didn't 'directly' take it as if you were saying that I was negative, but the implication was certainly there.

Not only that, but the snide way you bought my profession into the conversation was obviously going to provoke.

Leber

Bench
Firstly,

For a teacher, you make spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and have interpreted things incorrectly.

Oh a proper civilised response. Finally lol. Are you sure you don't want to ask something childish thats got nothing to do with what were talking about?

Lolz.

Secondly,

Like I said, the proof is clear as day :). I brought proof (the quotes above). How about you? no proof. Only your thoughts. "Even our most negative minded fans.." is certainly not implying you. I would have just said 'you'.

Just get over it and stop hi-jacking the thread.

Yes... I gave proof. Although logic may be lost on someone as idiotic as yourself (I have seen you get owned and laughed at time and time again on the forum), I will try one more time..

You said "Negative minded fans" in RESPONSE (yes, I can use capitals too) to my comment saying "Thats what we said about the titans... etc'. I then simply stated that I was NOT being negative.

I never ONCE specifically said that you said I was being negative. (dunno where you are getting that from). I just stated that I wasn't being negative. I'm allowed to say that I'm not being negative. For all I know, you could have been implying that I was, but I NEVER said you were.

(upon reflection though, based on how defensive you are being and with your attempt at 'word salad', I'm pretty sure that you were)

You then assumed that I was saying that you were saying that I was being negative, to which you made a snide comment, I retaliated, and you threw a wobbly.

You made a mistake and were wrong. just admit it. If you don't want to apologise here, you can PM me and apologise (just like the last time I owned you)

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Vodafone Warriors v Newcastle Knights
8.00pm, Friday, August 10, 2018

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 David Fusitu’a
3 Gerard Beale
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Blake Green
7 Shaun Johnson
8 James Gavet
9 Issac Luke
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Isaiah Papali’i
12 Adam Blair
13 Simon Mannering

Interchange:
14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Leivaha Pulu
16 Bunty Afoa
17 Peta Hiku
18 Anthony Gelling
20 Joseph Vuna
21 Chris Satae
22 Karl Lawton

Leber

Bench
Also, Is Sao injured? If not, I'd be leaving if I were him.

Him not being named is otherwise staggering.

JJ

Immortal
Blair now wearing 12... he's an edge forward again, that's turning the clock back - will he play big minutes?

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Even on an off day, we should still be able to put away the Knights.

We need to look out for Ponga but I rate our RTS above him so THEY need to look out for our captain.

I genuinely laughed out loud at this.
Come on....really?

Even on an off day? No. Not on an off day. We've shown that if we don't turn up on the day, we don't win. It's happened several times this year and about 30 times in the last 6 years.

The definition of insanity is doing something the same and expecting different results.
I'm thinking that your comments about the Warriors and how they SHOULD win are kinda falling into this category.
Surely, SURELY you can't be that dumb?

JJ

Immortal
Come on....really?

Even on an off day? No. Not on an off day. We've shown that if we don't turn up on the day, we don't win. It's happened several times this year and about 30 times in the last 6 years.

The definition of insanity is doing something the same and expecting different results.
I'm thinking that your comments about the Warriors and how they SHOULD win are kinda falling into this category.
watch out, caps battle to ensue

But yeah. on our off day the Titans towelled us, and the Panthers B squad destroyed us - Newcastle would too - that's pretty clear - but we turn up motivated, with a plan, and we're a decent top 8 team - but of a rocks and diamonds lot atm, like the Broncos

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Come on....really?

In last years tipping comp, I came third and guess what my handicap was? picking the Warriors 95% of the time and that cost me a lot of picks. I probably wouldve taken it out or come second had not picked us to win. So last year whilst it was dumb to pick the Warriors, it shows how accurate I was in picking winners. Third out of about a dozen of us posters here on our NZ board isn't too bad. Bottom line is, Im fairly accurate with my picks.

Hey check this out...
Titans and Panthers worst of the year for me. Both games we SHOULD have won on paper...
Maybe you should've said OUR comments aye Villa LOL. Im genuinely laughing out loud :)

I pretty much answered your question. Who do you thinks going to win? Knights or us?....

Last edited: