What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Changing the points does nothing to the kickfest, just makes it a bit more palatable for the team who has drawn in normal time. Although, if a team already has a point for the draw you may find they are willing to try their hand at more flashy play in extra time if they aren’t going home empty handed.
During regular season, then come finals, a different set of rules.

The current ones.

TheFrog

Coach
I wonder if the Sharks and Manly had been asked at the 80 minute mark whether they each wanted to go for the win or accept the draw, what they'd have done.

I reckon Manly would have taken the point. Their concern is to avoid the spoon, which they've never landed in 70-something years. Sharks might have played on trying to make the top 4.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cannot win from a kick, stops the kickfest.

Must be a try, infringe and give a penalty, all are differential, immediate sin bin (game over) your are a man short. Give another two short.

Same rules regular and post season.

Cannot win from a kick, stops the kickfest.

Must be a try, infringe and give a penalty, all are differential, immediate sin bin (game over) your are a man short. Give another two short.

Same rules regular and post season.
You blokes didn't kick except that lol penalty kick

Probably would've won if you dumb merkins took the tap instead

But you wouldn't have scored a point without all dem penalties

Every try was off the back of a penalty, hell I'm not even sure we scored a point (other than the one that mattered most) without a penalty in our favor

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You blokes didn't kick except that lol penalty kick

Probably would've won if you dumb merkins took the tap instead

But you wouldn't have scored a point without all dem penalties

Every try was off the back of a penalty, hell I'm not even sure we scored a point (other than the one that mattered most) without a penalty in our favor
I am not talking about yesterday, do not care we deserved to lose. I am talking about the rule.

Lambretta

First Grade
We should have golden rush

If we're all locked up at full time, everyone drops 15 pingers, then they get flown to Broken Hill and taken to a gold mine

First person to strike gold wins two points

Parramatta would sign Andrew Johns if we had this rule and they'd win their next Premiership

Card Shark

Immortal
You can't have different points for different games. It would get rorted.

They do in soccer & funnily enough, they have heaps of draws & don’t care too much.

Just have 5 mins each way, not golden point or f**k it off!

Card Shark

Immortal
I wonder if the Sharks and Manly had been asked at the 80 minute mark whether they each wanted to go for the win or accept the draw, what they'd have done.

I reckon Manly would have taken the point. Their concern is to avoid the spoon, which they've never landed in 70-something years. Sharks might have played on trying to make the top 4.

No, 1 point is like a win to us considering our poor for & against compared to other top 4 contenders.

Springs09

Juniors
Draw or 10 minutes extra time. No golden anything.

The finals extra time system we have now is fine.

firechild

First Grade
Have not changed my view.

Golden try.

Any infringment, cannot kick for goal and immediate sin bin.

Currentl Golden point becomes a kicking game in a game based on running.

Dont be like Union it ain't cool.

I accept draws, but a GF needs a result.
I used to be behind the idea of golden try but it's beyond stupid. Field goals and penalty goals are legitimate ways to score points in rugby league.

Exsilium

First Grade
I used to be behind the idea of golden try but it's beyond stupid. Field goals and penalty goals are legitimate ways to score points in rugby league.

Commenting on a thread that’s not about Gould, Griffin or the panthers? How dare you.

I don’t like GP. Would prefer extra time.