What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

blacksafake

First Grade
He’ll be back, he’s too good a player not to bounce back. You can tell the rest of the team genuinely like him. I cannot understand why the media & fans target him? It’s not as if he’s a d#ck or anything, always available & honest with the media & never complains or tries to shift the blame.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Other than the kick out on the full, I thought his kicking game won us the game last night. Regularly found the ground and pierced fullback and winger. Trapped them into a corner. He gets smashed for no particular reason. He isn't outlandish in his comments. He is a quiet humble bloke just trying to play footy. I don't get the media hate and bashing. He ran the ball last night and looked a threat when our forwards went forward. Was unlucky not to score. I genuinely love the bloke and am confident he can lead us into a good period for the club

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Other than the kick out on the full, I thought his kicking game won us the game last night. Regularly found the ground and pierced fullback and winger. Trapped them into a corner. He gets smashed for no particular reason. He isn't outlandish in his comments. He is a quiet humble bloke just trying to play footy. I don't get the media hate and bashing. He ran the ball last night and looked a threat when our forwards went forward. Was unlucky not to score. I genuinely love the bloke and am confident he can lead us into a good period for the club
What can you say, he ticked every box you could for things you don't want to do in one game, bar actually getting sent off or worse, replaced. I hope he got it all out of his system because we need him there in September.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
What can you say, he ticked every box you could for things you don't want to do in one game, bar actually getting sent off or worse, replaced. I hope he got it all out of his system because we need him there in September.
Like I said, his kicking game was great, yeah he dropped a couple of balls and got sin binned [ Extremely unlucky] But we had other players lift around him. Im sure he will be fine

Saintsified

Bench
He’ll be back, he’s too good a player not to bounce back. You can tell the rest of the team genuinely like him. I cannot understand why the media & fans target him? It’s not as if he’s a d#ck or anything, always available & honest with the media & never complains or tries to shift the blame.
Because he is now playing for a pressure cooker club, he said it was tough in Brisbane being in the limelight etc, welcome to the Dragons Benny.

Saintsified

Bench
Choking? We were resilient enough to get the win last night in a high pressure game, did you get a chance to watch it?

Hunt is a class player, class is permanent and form is temporary, he will get back to his best.
I was being sarcastic , as in he will be coached into the Mcgregor system.

Bench
League writers rarely give a positive view of the players or a game. We have and are still on the Coach’s merry go round. Hunt is still coping flack for the dropped kick in the grand final, Fifita and his outburst on the field to Jim Dymock.
Nothing positive comes from journalists.
On another point is how the SMH reports on league. In the sports section the league is at the end of the sports reporting, behind everything including the netball.
We deserve better then that.

denis preston

First Grade
League writers rarely give a positive view of the players or a game. We have and are still on the Coach’s merry go round. Hunt is still coping flack for the dropped kick in the grand final, Fifita and his outburst on the field to Jim Dymock.
Nothing positive comes from journalists.
On another point is how the SMH reports on league. In the sports section the league is at the end of the sports reporting, behind everything including the netball.
We deserve better then that.

Yes,it sometimes has 3 pages of Rugby ... Rugby FFS. It must really piss them off that the Wobblies have been shit for so many years.

Life's Good

Coach
Some really good, positive comments here about Hunt. I agree he will bounce back.
I think for him to do that he needs to run. I thought if he scored that try early vs. the Tigers he would have been in a good head space, unfortunately he went the other way.
Whilst some of the criticism is OTT he is our marquee signing & needs to deliver. I just hope the club is supporting him find the confidence he started the year with.
Go Benny.

Last edited:

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Most people are sheep and they think it is fun to bag out Hunt, even if they hardly watch him play. Just like hearing the same 'don't drop it' remark for years yet they still say it and laugh every time they say it.

redVinme

Bench
After a few rough weeks all it will take is one good play sticking early. A cross field kick hitting a winger(lol at this actually happening at the dragons) or a grubber for a try that last week he would have over shot will give him his mojo back. Just has to get involved early and not shy away as those nerves are what cause errors.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Rothfield is driving the "Hunt" criticism. He hates the Dragons (admitted it in one of his blogs) and wants Hunt to fail
Just who does Rothfield think he is?? Did he ever play, I don't remember him if he did. Even so, he's just a sports journalist who appears, by the red blotchy face he has, that he drinks too much.

Latest posts