What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

epDragon62

First Grade
Hunt is a bust.

He goes ok when the team he's in is firing but cannot take control like a halfback should (JT for example).

His mind is so feeble and he just loses it when things go wrong.

He made McCrone look like a superstar today
What was the great JT like earlier in the year when his team was not pulling their weight?

Crucifying Hunt is a big mistake right now.

BBTB

Juniors
Who would be other alternatives to Hunt, if we were to move him to hooker? I will add that I am still happy with Hunt. He is one of the better halfbacks in the comp. He has one of the best running games of all the halfbacks. I thought he was the form halfback in the comp until he got his cork injury. I think that the media and social media have gone overboard about him in the last 8 weeks or so. Maybe he could be better suited playing 5/8 with a good game manager inside him at halfback?
He's a weak feeble mined loser.

I left today with 20 to go. I've never been more embarrassed - especially given the weeks' events and us looking to "fight" for a top 4 spot. I've never left so early. Ever.

But I don't blame Ben Hunt. I actually am concerned for him. It's easy to blame him.

There should be others in the spotlight and headlining threads on this forum far ahead of Ben Hunt. The forward pack as a whole - minus Frizell - for starters.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Reactionary morons the lot of you.

Hunt is down on form. Guess what? There's not a halfback in the comp who wouldn't be if they were part of this dragons team right now with Mary offering absolutely nothing.

Hunt hasn't just lost confidence in himself, but in those around him as well. And that all comes back to the coach.

It's like some of you forgot Hunt was the halfback of the comp until Origin.

epDragon62

First Grade

Hunt is down on form. Guess what? There's not a halfback in the comp who wouldn't be if they were part of this dragons team right now with Mary offering absolutely nothing.

Hunt hasn't just lost confidence in himself, but in those around him as well. And that all comes back to the coach.

Well said!

FlameThrower

Bench
Hunt looks shattered and with zero confidence.
Is he injured, has he had a falling out with players, does he want out of the team, are there are person issues??? Who knows but right now we are non the wiser.

ouryears

Bench
Hunt looks shattered and with zero confidence.
Is he injured, has he had a falling out with players, does he want out of the team, are there are person issues??? Who knows but right now we are non the wiser.
When you are earning a million a year you get on the field and do your job.

I understand he can't do it alone, but he can still show some leadership, give some spark, bark at the forwards, run the ball at times, show some passion, play tough and look interested.

I don't expect him to get us home by himself, but the things I wrote above I do expect of him.

And he does not do any of those.

Extremely disappointing

If the rumours are true, and I have no reason to believe they are, it's down to the fact he has lost all faith in McGregors game plans and management to fix what's going wrong.

I honestly believe if Mary stays next year, Hunt goes.

ouryears

Bench
Feel for you guys at the moment, that was soul destroying yesterday. Hopefully it will be the moment that brings about change.
Buy Wayne a plane ticket, find him a house in Wollongong or Kogarah, release 4 of your players to us, that's a start.

lynx000

Juniors

I understand he can't do it alone, but he can still show some leadership, give some spark, bark at the forwards, run the ball at times, show some passion, play tough and look interested.

I don't expect him to get us home by himself, but the things I wrote above I do expect of him.

Extremely disappointing

I don't think he can at the moment, he is listening to the voices inside his head. This will not get better this season, once his confidence goes and the head drops and head shakes start happening it is all over. The best thing McG could do is give him a week off and send him away somewhere.

ouryears

Bench
If the rumours are true, and I have no reason to believe they are, it's down to the fact he has lost all faith in McGregors game plans and management to fix what's going wrong.

I honestly believe if Mary stays next year, Hunt goes.
What sort of game plan would be that foreign and undigestible to any half back?

They played what was in front of them on Anzac Day and vs Storm Rd 1, has Mary really stifled that attractive style?

Extremely disappointing
Really though, what do you expect?
I'm sure Ben went to Mary a number of weeks ago with the question about what to do differently to turn the Titanic around.
I'd imagine this was Mary's response......

"Well Benny, our game plan is based on defence and the power game, so I want you to catch the ball, offload it to a forward and let them run into the line and get tackled, other times I want you to get out of the way so my first choice halfback. JDB, can play is late season preferred role of first receiver. You do that and it'll all come up roses. Plus if you can buy me some paint too the gym needs a bit of a touch up"

What sort of game plan would be that foreign and undigestible to any half back?

They played what was in front of them on Anzac Day and vs Storm Rd 1, has Mary really stifled that attractive style?
Yeah he has.
His reactionary mind has seen the success we had early and not wanting to see us choke has gone the defensive mistake free football approach.
No offloads, no backline moves, no individual plays, just mistake free forward plays, every team knows this and plays us accordingly.

ouryears

Bench
Yeah he has.
His reactionary mind has seen the success we had early and not wanting to see us choke has gone the defensive mistake free football approach.
No offloads, no backline moves, no individual plays, just mistake free forward plays, every team knows this and plays us accordingly.
Geeze he must be one dumb Merkin.

Latest posts