What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 V Knights

blacksafake

First Grade
Now I only watched the 2nd half but from what I saw Lawrie was good, Lafai & Lomax defensively also were good. Hunt looked better.
Did Luc or Field not get on??

Mark D

Juniors
But dufty is still suspect under their high ball and easily pushed backwards so I’d put pereira at full back and him on the wing pereira hits the line much harder
Suspect! Mate the bloke is guilty as charged... absolutely rubbish under the high ball.. he will targeted time and time again.

qld redvee

Juniors
well we were pretty lucky today but at least defence was better
where has that running nene been all year
not giving field a run was strange Id have put him on with 20 to go and played to his speed
lucky didnt get too many minutes today compared to his last couple of games - any idea if injured or another coaching masterstroke

Drag Queen

Bench
My first impression of the backs pre game warm up?

Sloppy, disorganised, lacklustre and torpid.

Body language (again) exceptionally poor. They look like they’re going through the motions waiting for the season to end.

Depressing to watch.
I watched it first hand. Close, and worth a kebab Jimmy. Lucky win. Great atmosphere though.

Gareth67

First Grade
Most pleased to see the team back on the winners list , a far improved performance compared to our recent games . Good 1st up showing by young Lomax - as many had suggested quite some time ago , he certainly looks the goods . The best of fortune to the boys in the semis and who knows they may get a couple of wins should they continue to improve - Dragons in 2018 ! :innocent:

Wittenberg

Juniors
McInness played much better today. Hunt also seemed to gain confidence in the second half. They are two positives while our defence was one minute excellent, the next soft. Nene! Bloody hell, scores a great try, misses a tackle that should have been made on his winger that leads to a try, then wanders in field when not needed which allowed Pearce to put a kick across to open territory for another Newcastle try. Then that pass from the 25 tap restart?????

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Field didn't get a run, he will back up for ISP tomorrow I would imagine.

Leilua only played 16 mins, he can also back up for ISP tomorrow (he's qualified)

Lomax is qualified but I think he definitely won't

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
McInness played much better today. Hunt also seemed to gain confidence in the second half. They are two positives while our defence was one minute excellent, the next soft. Nene! Bloody hell, scores a great try, misses a tackle that should have been made on his winger that leads to a try, then wanders in field when not needed which allowed Pearce to put a kick across to open territory for another Newcastle try. Then that pass from the 25 tap restart?????
I know what you mean re McDonald.....if only he could get some urgency about his game he would go ahead leaps and bounds....hes that bloody casual.....can just imagine what Bellamy would say or do to him.....its not printable

j0nesy

Bench
Nice bonus with Lomax. Knows how to kick off unlike Widdop.
Noticed that too. Every kick off was to the in goal with opposition tackled around the 10. With Widdop we’re tackling them on the 20.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
well we were pretty lucky today but at least defence was better
where has that running nene been all year
not giving field a run was strange Id have put him on with 20 to go and played to his speed
lucky didnt get too many minutes today compared to his last couple of games - any idea if injured or another coaching masterstroke

We weren’t lucky. We played tough and deserved that win. Three no try rulings, one was a try. Newcastle got a couple of lucky video ref rulings in their favour. Bounce of the ball went against us as well as a few 50/50 calls. Thoroughly deserved win. Still a long way to go though.

Latest posts