What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 QF1 Sat - Roosters 21-12 Sharks @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ram raid

Bench
This game seemed very disjointed and boring compared to the others. Neither team played great. Roosters can improve 40% on that and the Sharks can can improve 60%. I think Moylan needs another year to improve at five-eighth. The refereeing is obviously still arbitrary but it didn't effect the result.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The only upside of Suttons performance ronight is he doesnt ref the Broncos tomorrow.

On the downside the Broncos have almost as an impeccable record under brother Chris....

Sphagnum

Coach
This game seemed very disjointed and boring compared to the others. Neither team played great. Roosters can improve 40% on that and the Sharks can can improve 60%. I think Moylan needs another year to improve at five-eighth. The refereeing is obviously still arbitrary but it didn't effect the result.
I thought moylan and Townsend both played pretty well tonight

Danish

Referee
That was a grand final preview right there.

Tremendous second half by both sides. Sharks just kept attacking, but we kept resisting. Most importantly the refs stayed the f**k out of it and let the chips fall where they may. Would have been very easy for them to jump in with some soft penalty to let us off the hook when the Sharks had us penned in our own 30 for most of the second half.

In the end, the game is decided by a desperation tackle by Mitchell on Lewis, giving Cronk the chance to ice the game.

Sharks will shred the panthers next week, and set up an epic prelim in Melbourne. Can see the sharks getting up in that one to be honest.

Souths should also run through whoever wins tomorrow, setting up another epic prelim.... which I am also very confident we’ll win.

Puntoue

Juniors
Credit where’s it’s due, Roosters were too good tonight.

Seen Sharkies fans blaming the refs but they had nothing to do with it. Only wrong call IMO was the Tupou try (was inline in crowd, defs forward) but we never should have let them in that position in the first place.

We got a huge wake up call tonight, if we go into next week with this attitudes Penrith will roll us.

Again, good game Roosters.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Tremendous second half by both sides. Sharks just kept attacking, but we kept resisting. Most importantly the refs stayed the f**k out of it and let the chips fall where they may. Would have been very easy for them to jump in with some soft penalty to let us off the hook when the Sharks had us penned in our own 30 for most of the second half.

In the end, the game is decided by a desperation tackle by Mitchell on Lewis, giving Cronk the chance to ice the game.

Sharks will shred the panthers next week, and set up an epic prelim in Melbourne. Can see the sharks getting up in that one to be honest.

Souths should also run through whoever wins tomorrow, setting up another epic prelim.... which I am also very confident we’ll win.
It'll be so hard to win the comp without Latrell.

Such mixed emotions in the 2nd half after his tackle on Dugan.

Maroon4life

Juniors

You’re team would have been rolled by either of the Souths or storm last night, not even in the same field.

Someguy

First Grade

Roosters going to look good after a week off, even better latrell will get 3 weeks rest

no name

Coach
I think Panthers will pip the sharks next week based off this.
Depends on the instructions the refs are given.
Sharks are very Storm like and push every boundary to the limit, so a game where the refs ‘put the whistle away’ suits them.
If the refs go on their ‘blitz’ the Pennies are have a chance to knock them off.
Although, I don’t think the Sharks give up that many opportunities next week.