What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

TheFrog

Coach
There are lots of people who do dickhead things like this in society, yet it only seems like in professional sport people think that the sports person's employer should do something about it. Why? My employer is not responsible for what I do outside of work hours on my own time on my own behalf.
Certainly in the NSW public sector you can be dismissed if convicted of a serious criminal offence.

As far as NRL players go, they are recognisable and to some extent public property, like it or not. It comes with the big money. The higher the profile the greater the capacity to damage the brand of the sport and their club. They sign contracts to the effect that they won't do this, and what can happen if they do.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My employer is not responsible for what I do outside of work hours on my own time on my own behalf. It would be one thing if I did something at a function where I was representing my employer, but if not, then it is not really my employer's business.
I know you're generalising but imo you're off the mark. What about politicians, public servants etc?

If a police officer was guilty of lewd conduct, would they not get into trouble with their employer? If it was a nurse or teacher, they'd probably lose their job.

The relationship between you and your employer is somewhat irrelevant to other cases. It all depends on what type of contract or agreement you have with your employer.

betcats

Referee
There are lots of people who do dickhead things like this in society, yet it only seems like in professional sport people think that the sports person's employer should do something about it. Why? My employer is not responsible for what I do outside of work hours on my own time on my own behalf. It would be one thing if I did something at a function where I was representing my employer, but if not, then it is not really my employer's business. If something wrong occurred in this matter, then in my opinion, the complaint should have gone to the police.

There are plenty of organisations across all sectors(especially listed companies whose value literally goes up and down on media reports) who'd instantly dismiss someone for this kind of bad publicity. There was a banker who got fired for looking at a picture of mirande kerr while his colleague was doing a financial report for the news.

Its not about sports its about profile and publicity. Im a grunt for a financial institution and I am obligated by my employment contract to inform my employers if I get charged by the police for anything. If I was to somehow end up on the news or in the media in a negative I'd be out the door so fast, there'd be no second chances or warnings.

A guy got fired from an Australian bank during the GFC for pointing at a photographer on his way to an xmas party the media beat up as extravagant, which it probably was but that was a bad look during a global financial crisis so the who pointed at them was the fall guy, possibly others as well.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Goes to the club and media But not police, yeah she’s real hurt by what happened :rolling_eyes:

Oh god she gave the club months and they didn't even respond, maybe all she wanted was an apology? If she went straight to the police you same blokes would be criticising her for that.

Either way its the dumb ass players and club administration that should be getting bagged, they left themselves wide open for this.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Oh god she gave the club months and they didn't even respond, maybe all she wanted was an apology? If she went straight to the police you same blokes would be criticising her for that.

Either way its the dumb ass players and club administration that should be getting bagged, they left themselves wide open for this.

Certainly seems like Souths have dropped the ball here, and I’m not excusing the players. However I believe her true motivations have shone through.

betcats

Referee
Certainly seems like Souths have dropped the ball here, and I’m not excusing the players. However I believe her true motivations have shone through.

Fair enough but If she's telling the truth her motivations are irrelevant tbh. The players and club should've of known what would happen if the media got onto this.

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
It’s screenshots from a live chat - how does anyone prove it wasn’t mutual? He says, she says

Buckle into the roller coaster and enjoy the guilty until proven innocent trial by media while some young man’s junk gets paraded around newspaper offices

Lambretta

First Grade
There are lots of people who do dickhead things like this in society, yet it only seems like in professional sport people think that the sports person's employer should do something about it. Why? My employer is not responsible for what I do outside of work hours on my own time on my own behalf. It would be one thing if I did something at a function where I was representing my employer, but if not, then it is not really my employer's business. If something wrong occurred in this matter, then in my opinion, the complaint should have gone to the police.

If I sent a nude pic to a client of my company, I would be sacked

Supporters of your clubs are either members or paying to see you play or buying your merchandise
Therefore they are your clients - like it or not that's the World we live in

I am not sure about the "high profile" part of this article

I was talking to a Souths supporter this morning and he said that the players involved were fringe players (the nude shot is rumoured to be an outside back) who are not playing this weekend. So even if bans were handed out, it wouldn't affect the team fielded

Life's Good

Coach
Typical of the media to sit on this for a while but they’re gutter crawlers so I’m not surprised.

The real issue lies with the players in the first place. How can they be so dumb as to put themselves in situations like this with no thought of consequences if things go wrong.

Latest posts