Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Dragon Slayer, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Headless Chook

Headless Chook Juniors

Two games, to be completely fair.

Easts to win.

2. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

It's time clubs properly educated players about the effects of sexting.

Lesson one - never have your dick and face in the same picture

Munted and t-ba like this.
  3. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

Certainly in the NSW public sector you can be dismissed if convicted of a serious criminal offence.

As far as NRL players go, they are recognisable and to some extent public property, like it or not. It comes with the big money. The higher the profile the greater the capacity to damage the brand of the sport and their club. They sign contracts to the effect that they won't do this, and what can happen if they do.

Life's Good likes this.
  4. Valheru

Valheru First Grade

8 weeks and 125k seems fair

5. Willow

Willow Administrator

I know you're generalising but imo you're off the mark. What about politicians, public servants etc?

If a police officer was guilty of lewd conduct, would they not get into trouble with their employer? If it was a nurse or teacher, they'd probably lose their job.

The relationship between you and your employer is somewhat irrelevant to other cases. It all depends on what type of contract or agreement you have with your employer.

Spot On and Smack like this.
  6. betcats

betcats Coach

There are plenty of organisations across all sectors(especially listed companies whose value literally goes up and down on media reports) who'd instantly dismiss someone for this kind of bad publicity. There was a banker who got fired for looking at a picture of mirande kerr while his colleague was doing a financial report for the news.

Its not about sports its about profile and publicity. Im a grunt for a financial institution and I am obligated by my employment contract to inform my employers if I get charged by the police for anything. If I was to somehow end up on the news or in the media in a negative I'd be out the door so fast, there'd be no second chances or warnings.

A guy got fired from an Australian bank during the GFC for pointing at a photographer on his way to an xmas party the media beat up as extravagant, which it probably was but that was a bad look during a global financial crisis so the who pointed at them was the fall guy, possibly others as well.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    myrrh ken likes this.
  7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Goes to the club and media But not police, yeah she’s real hurt by what happened :rolling_eyes:

Surely and Matt23 like this.
  8. betcats

betcats Coach

Oh god she gave the club months and they didn't even respond, maybe all she wanted was an apology? If she went straight to the police you same blokes would be criticising her for that.

Either way its the dumb ass players and club administration that should be getting bagged, they left themselves wide open for this.

Life's Good likes this.
  9. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

I saw fletch show his nipple on tv last night

That’s funny
    Unless you’re a player
    Then it’s rape

jargan83 and tumbidragon like this.
  10. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Certainly seems like Souths have dropped the ball here, and I’m not excusing the players. However I believe her true motivations have shone through.

11. betcats

betcats Coach

Fair enough but If she's telling the truth her motivations are irrelevant tbh. The players and club should've of known what would happen if the media got onto this.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  12. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

Oh dear here we go again, gee I wonder whos playing this weekend??

13. BranVan3000

BranVan3000 Coach

It’s screenshots from a live chat - how does anyone prove it wasn’t mutual? He says, she says

Buckle into the roller coaster and enjoy the guilty until proven innocent trial by media while some young man’s junk gets paraded around newspaper offices

14. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

so News decided to sit on this story for months so they could put it out in the finals

typical

some11, Matt23 and siv like this.
  15. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer Coach

He pretended a sex act with a dog in a private home.

You’d think in this alleged case exposing yourself to a stranger and then harassing them many times after the incident would be seen as far more serious.

Valheru likes this.
  16. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

If I sent a nude pic to a client of my company, I would be sacked

Supporters of your clubs are either members or paying to see you play or buying your merchandise
    Therefore they are your clients - like it or not that's the World we live in

I am not sure about the "high profile" part of this article

I was talking to a Souths supporter this morning and he said that the players involved were fringe players (the nude shot is rumoured to be an outside back) who are not playing this weekend. So even if bans were handed out, it wouldn't affect the team fielded

17. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Typical of the media to sit on this for a while but they’re gutter crawlers so I’m not surprised.

The real issue lies with the players in the first place. How can they be so dumb as to put themselves in situations like this with no thought of consequences if things go wrong.

Willie Ray, some11 and Smack like this.
  18. betcats

betcats Coach

Once again a shitty media organisation makes a RL club look like idiots, it really shouldn't be this easy for them.

19. big hit!

big hit! Bench

found him

El Diablo, t-ba, This Year? and 4 others like this.
  20. Sphagnum

Sphagnum First Grade

What if that's impossible because they're attached to each other I.e Bunniesman

Life's Good likes this.