What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Imo Normans a better play. He is type who will shine without Moses.
However Moses has potential to be great. I doubt we be saying dam we let Norman go in 5yrs. But we may with Moses.
I'd take the risk on Moses. If rmd 14 comes and he not doing a lotlt cull him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sporting Life or Sports News? Sporting Life is Reuters/AFP material largely.

Its actually Sporting News

We've got 48 websites filtered out in total, some because they print bullshit and some because they use LU to spam their articles on here for their own publicity

Chiefy will soon become NoSpam49

Glenneel

Bench
Most of our forwards were consistent.

Last year we had Brown. This year he struggled with form and injury. Obviously better attacking forwards will improve our attack, but the nature of attacking forwards means that they are likely to make our defence worse. Hopefully we can control the ball better and then poor defenders will be less of a problem, as they were for the Cowboys this year.
If your attack improves so usually does your defence. With great attack you tire the opposing team so their attack and defence suffers.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Given we should have a different structure albeit with the same head coach next season, I reckon Normy and Mitch deserve a similar opportunity to redeem themselves as has been afforded to BA.
Our forwards will be better with recent additions. We will have Fergo. Hopefully Hayne is fit enough and motivated enough to lock down the F/B spot. We should have improved support staff for BA.
If nothing improves dump the three of them.

chiefy1

Juniors
If your attack improves so usually does your defence. With great attack you tire the opposing team so their attack and defence suffers.

How can we tire the opposition defense with pop gun props ? When was the last time Mannah or Evans dominated the defense. Unless we get a Tapau or Klemmer to compliment Jnr, it will be more of the same

Avenger

Immortal
Given we should have a different structure albeit with the same head coach next season, I reckon Normy and Mitch deserve a similar opportunity to redeem themselves as has been afforded to BA.
Our forwards will be better with recent additions. We will have Fergo. Hopefully Hayne is fit enough and motivated enough to lock down the F/B spot. We should have improved support staff for BA.
If nothing improves dump the three of them.
I kinda agree with this. Every merkin deserves a chance even Norman who is up to about 5.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In 2016 and 2017 we tired the defence by moving the ball around. Last year we had the same forwards as this year. Adding Paulo means we'll have nearly the same forwards as in early 2016.

Radradra didn't do anything for our ruck speed in the red zone.

Avenger

Immortal
In 2016 and 2017 we tired the defence by moving the ball around. Last year we had the same forwards as this year. Adding Paulo means we'll have nearly the same forwards as in early 2016.

Radradra didn't do anything for our ruck speed in the red zone.
I think Ferguson will be a revelation for us. Would loved to have Oates as the other winger but he thinks he is a forward. George Jennings will have to do and he deserves it after his breakout season this year I just hope we can offload his brother who is a shadow of his former self.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ferguson will do plenty for our kicking game. Instead of kicking under pressure from the 30 metre line we will be more likely to have time for a decent attacking kick (and chase) in the opposition half.

Avenger

Immortal
Ferguson will do plenty for our kicking game. Instead of kicking under pressure from the 30 metre line we will be more likely to have time for a decent attacking kick (and chase) in the opposition half.
When we had Semi opposition coaches admitted that they instructed their kickers not to kick to him restricting their tactics to one side of the field.

Hopefully we can have something similar with Ferguson. I wouldn’t have a problem in giving Oates $500k if he agreed he is and always will be a winger. Big wingers are a massive asset which is why French will never make it as an elite NRL player if he stays on the wing.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
When we had Semi opposition coaches admitted that they instructed their kickers not to kick to him restricting their tactics to one side of the field.

Hopefully we can have something similar. I wouldn’t have a problem in giving Oates $500k if he agreed he is and always will be a winger. Big wingers are a massive asset which is why French will never make it as an elite NRL player if he stays on the wing.
Don't quote me on this but I think the whole second row thing was just to fool the media. Is was and will always be a winger.

Quote me now.
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...es-brisbane-broncos/6y4fnc0m2r8h1sk6dfuj6i9q7

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gennings has gone pretty good this year, considering he is still fairly inexperienced, should have a fair bit of improvement in him. Averaging 134m which isn’t to bad, Oates only averages 142m, however his tackle breaks are a bit better (2.6 against 3.7). Any defensive issues aren’t really his fault.

I reckon once we start winning, he willl look like a top quality winger !