What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

ok so another thing - this new faction is supposed to be the lead heel group...but they are having matches with the B team?

It'd be like Hall/Nash fighting High Voltage for the titles in 1996. WTFFFF

nöyd

Staff member
f**k I hate Ambrose. looks like he is trying to punch out a constipated shit all the time

also can't throw a punch
ive never seen the appeal with him, rollins and reigns at least look the part, it's like they HAD to have a trio so they just legit plucked someone from the crowd, and keep on inviting him back

that move where he falls back onto the middle rope only to rise up and swing a pissweak punch shits me to tears, makes the superman punch look like gold

ive never seen the appeal with him, rollins and reigns at least look the part, it's like they HAD to have a trio so they just legit plucked someone from the crowd, and keep on inviting him back

that move where he falls back onto the middle rope only to rise up and swing a pissweak punch shits me to tears, makes the superman punch look like gold

couldn't agree more. were they tryin to go with the pillman angle with him? pitiful pitiful pitiful. ugh...vince has seriously lost it

Brie Bella going viral for botching dives on Raw? Better put her in the main event on Smackdown, against a non-wrestler/wrestler's wife.

People say Roman needs a heel turn, Dean needs to turn heel a lot more than Roman does. At least now with his new physique and hair cut, he actually looks legit and not like a fan dragged into the ring.

That said, I think he will be face until at least Survivor Series (I think we will see a 5 v 5 there for control of Raw, Angle, Finn & the Shield vs Corbin, KO & the Dogs of War). After that we will see the start of a heel turn culminating in either Dean vs Seth at Mania or a Shield Triple Threat for the title.

HIAC thoughts:

hardy v orton. a bit slow paced but great story told and crazy ending. these two guys can still go and i thought it was close to match of the night

tag team match - didn't really care for it but it was a solid match. the ending with mcintryre in particular was pretty clever

flair v lynch - was a fast forward for me

aj v samoa - yeh good match. definitely not great given how many times they've gone at it before but it was solid. the finish again was really good. whoever booked the finishes to this ppv deserves a gold star

rousey - pretty good. i don't know why people keep ragging on rousey, i love her moves. what am i missing?

bryan miz ladies etc. - fast forward. hate mixed tag team matches. always so contrived

strowman v reigns - clusterf**k of a finish. really didnt enjoy the no result, and while brock coming back was a surprise the match should've kept going. it's a HIAC match FFS, anything should go. really ruined what i thought was one of better PPVS for a while

i probably missed something but meh

Randy vs Jeff - fantastic cell match, the ear stuff makes me wince, but psychotic Orton is a fantastic heel. Hopefully Jeff takes some much needed time off, his bump card is surely almost up, while Randy can move on to something new, although all the faces on SD are occupied at the moment.

Flair vs Lynch - good stuff, although they have the face/heel dynamic all wrong here, expecting a double turn down the line before they wreck both characters

Tag team - decent if a little long, some very good action and false finishes, surely the rivalry can continue for a few more months, it has potential.

AJ/Joe - I enjoyed this, although it should have been more of a wild brawl. The ending works and will keep the story going, although Joe needs to go over next time, or he risks falling into the trap of being a heel who talks a big game but never backs it up.

Rousey vs Bliss - good stuff again, Rhonda is fantastic and Bliss is improving every week. Time to Bliss to move down the card for a bit and her Evolution match vs Trish will let her do this.

Mixed Tag - I wish they would stop trying to make the Bellas happen, let's be real, the women's revolution was supposed to move us away from the likes of the Bellas and to more competent in ring workers. Miz going over works though and builds the story along more, although Brie taking the fall protects Bryan.

Main event - good hard hitting action although the match being thrown out after that was a little weak, although both men are protected. I guess Brock will come to Melbourne and move a few more tickets (sales may be poor).

Overall I thought the show was good, although there may have been a few too many screwy finishes for my liking.

nöyd

Staff member
Miz surely can't be too enthused at working with the Bellas, given he already did it a year or so ago. One of if not the top heel (especially on the stick) should not be booked in this shit, he's so above it it's not even funny, or entertaining.

nöyd

Staff member
rousey - pretty good. i don't know why people keep ragging on rousey, i love her moves. what am i missing?
It's just the ufc fanboys that can't let it go yeah? Anyone who claimed that she was taking someone else's spot surely has egg on their face now.

If I was going to the Melbourne show, Ronda would likely be the only one I'd be legitimately excited to see.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I've seen posters for SuperShow over the ditch here in Wellington, which kinda surprised me, they are going hard on the sales drive for sure.

I would've totally gone over if I was actually able to afford it :(

As for HIAC, I was actually enjoying it for the most part but that finish made zero sense, especially as it's a no dq match.

Also, you think you've seen it all then someone gets their earhole twisted by a screwdriver, hah! Whatamaneuver!!

Miz surely can't be too enthused at working with the Bellas, given he already did it a year or so ago. One of if not the top heel (especially on the stick) should not be booked in this shit, he's so above it it's not even funny, or entertaining.

I guess they're using it as a way to protect Bryan while keeping their story going. As soon as Bryan goes over Miz their story is pretty much done, and having Miz repeatedly beat Bryan will only kill Bryan's momentum. He's getting some good plugs for his reality show out of this story so I can't see him being too upset.

As for the Bellas.....well they're a walking example of nepotism in the business.

mackdadday

Juniors
What the nuggets in space was that finish?? Its Hell in a Cell. Why would they stop a match because they got f fived and therefore couldnt be expected to go on?????

Is there an argument to be made that the roster is too deep. WhatCulture put out a video with 25 names that were not even on the pre-show of the last PPV. How do you build talent when you have so much you already have that you need to protect. The list if you were wondering
-Andrade Cien Almas (only guy on the main roster to wrestle a 5 star match)
-Asuka (won rumble, just ended a 500+ day undefeated streak)
-Jimmy Uso
-Jey Uso (these two stole the show at this PPV a year ago)
-Naomi (multi time women's champion)
-Alexander Wolfe
-Killian Dain
-Eric Young (recently called up with big fanfare)
-Bayley (last singles match on PPV was the kendo stick on a pole match last year)
-Dash
-Dawson (these guys have only appeared on PPV main shows once this year - Greatest RR)
-Ember Moon (was a huge call up from NXT 6 months ago)
-Sheamus
-Cesaro (barely get a run on smackdown despite being fantastic individually and collectively)
-Sasha Banks (has not had a 1 on 1 match on PPV in 2018)
-Bobby Roode (has had 1 singles match on PPV this year - Elimination chamber)
-Cedric Alexander (cruiserweight champion)
-Carmella (was women's champion for 5 months, lost the belt a month ago)
-Jinder Mahal (the last man to hold the WWE championship, one of 5 men to hold that belt since the brand split 2 years ago)
-Elias (was feuding with Braun and Cena 8 months ago)
-Bray Wyatt (was WWE champion heading into Mania last year)
-Bobby Lashley (beat Roman clean 2 months ago)
-Kevin Owens (former Universal Champion, recently left and returned)
-Shinsuke Nakamura (US Champion, won the Rumble and has slid down the card more than any rumble winner in such a short space of time - well except for maybe Asuka)
-Finn Balor (still in a pointless feud with Corbin - clearly HHH sees something in him but Vince doesn't)

Latest posts