What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you neutrals going for in the finals?

Finals bandwagon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambretta

First Grade
. Will be even more disappointing if the GF is the 2 pre-season favourites in Storm v Roosters.

With the exception of Roosters v Manly, this is probably the only time any Sydney neutral would want the Roosters to win a game. Even then most people would just go "meh"

This is also the NRL's least favourable outcome imo

They would love Rabbits v Storm as that gives the GF a real story

The peoples club against the might of a once News backed franchise
The gritty working class boys from Sydney against the upper end of town from interstate
Inglis v Slater
Good vs Evil
The hard running boys against the wrestlers
etc etc etc

Even Sharks v Storm works that way.

But the Roosters v Storm lacks the romance

It has Cronk v Slater & Smith
and Tedesco's chance to win a title at his first visit to the Finals, but beyond that, not much
Fergo's last chance to win something? Yeah..... you see my point

Springs09

Juniors
Well
The 4 left did come equal first.

They were the clear top 4 all year.
The cream rose to the top.

No they weren't. It's not even clear the four best teams are left. Dragons lost to Souths by a point with their best player out.

Nearly every team played geniused at one point of the year. Play any of the finals matches again and the result could go the other way.

If it's Roosters v Storm the only other story apart from Cronk v Slater/Smith is '2 rich clubs in battle to buy premiership'

carcharias

Immortal
No they weren't. It's not even clear the four best teams are left. Dragons lost to Souths by a point with their best player out.

Nearly every team played geniused at one point of the year. Play any of the finals matches again and the result could go the other way.

If it's Roosters v Storm the only other story apart from Cronk v Slater/Smith is '2 rich clubs in battle to buy premiership'

I disagree
The dragons had 50 put on them
And got pulverised by some teams well below them...
they probably shouldn’t have even been in the 8
Plenty of teams have had players out.

Valheru

Coach

What evidence would you need to be satisfied that the 4 best teams are left in the comp?

yobbo84

First Grade
Plenty of room on the bandwagon, sports fans. Jump on the Redfern Express, support the team saving attacking rugby league over the wrestlers, the nigglers and the one-out runners..

greenBV4

Bench
'2 rich clubs in battle to buy premiership'
I don't get it when people say the Storm have bought players? who have the storm bought? Sure we've had a lot of good players but most are 1 club players and although they aren't from the VRL (obviously) most of them did come through the Storm's junior/feeder clubs or were recruited from the union or from clubs they didn't want them

Who is a big name player that Melbourne has lured away from another club?
Storm have a bigger problem of developing players into stars then having other clubs try and buy them

The_Shield

Juniors
Lol anyone claiming Melbourne are trying to “buy” a premiership clearly has no idea what they are talking about. Of the 1-17 named for this weekends game, 15 made their debut for the Storm, only Josh Addo-Carr and Dale Finucane played NRL before coming to Melbourne. JAC player 9 games for the Tigers and Finucane played 66 games for the Bulldogs.

Just a quick look at the other teams 1-17 and the Sharks have about 6 players who debuted at other clubs, 7 if you include Dugan who is named in the 18 but will probably play. The Rabbitohs have about 5 players and the Roosters have about 5 as well

carcharias

Immortal
Lol anyone claiming Melbourne are trying to “buy” a premiership clearly has no idea what they are talking about. Of the 1-17 named for this weekends game, 15 made their debut for the Storm, only Josh Addo-Carr and Dale Finucane played NRL before coming to Melbourne. JAC player 9 games for the Tigers and Finucane played 66 games for the Bulldogs.

Just a quick look at the other teams 1-17 and the Sharks have about 6 players who debuted at other clubs, 7 if you include Dugan who is named in the 18 but will probably play. The Rabbitohs have about 5 players and the Roosters have about 5 as well

Nobody is saying that except that one bloke who thinks the dragons were equal best.
Even though they sucked when it really mattered.

Valheru

Coach

We actually have six but two of them are JWH who had 6 games for Manly and Tetevano who missed 2 seasons after being sacked with the Knights. I agree with your sentiment that it is a complete myth that either Melbourne or Roosters buy more players than any other club.

carcharias

Immortal
Our team is full of blokes let go by other teams
Fifita
Moylan
Lewis
Edrick
Woods
Seg

The 3 locals
Chad T Sorensen and Brailey

The rest apart from Dugan who is you ask Dragons fans ( is shit ) have been at the club since debut.

Ado car and Curtis Scott were sharks juniors
The storm actually poached Scott ... sharks tried very hard to keep him.
He’ll come home though .

yobbo84

First Grade

5 of Souths 17 this week have played NRL elsewhere. However this includes Robert Jennings, Hymel Hunt and Damien Cook who were all bought as reserve graders with a combined 18 games of NRL previously between then.

Our only genuine NRL imports are Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai and I suppose you could argue from the ESL, Sam and Tom Burgess (remember George moved here as an 18-year-old and came up through our NYC team).

Further breakdown:
6 Souths juniors - Alex Johnston, Campbell Graham, Adam Reynolds, John Sutton, Cameron Murray and Jason Clark
7 signed as fringe/reserve graders or youth - Robert Jennings, Cody Walker, Damien Cook, George Burgess, Angus Crichton, Hymel Hunt and Dean Britt
4 signed as established NRL/ESL players - Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai, Sam Burgess, Thomas Burgess

Last edited:

The_Shield

Juniors
Our team is full of blokes let go by other teams
Fifita
Moylan
Lewis
Edrick
Woods
Seg

The 3 locals
Chad T Sorensen and Brailey

The rest apart from Dugan who is you ask Dragons fans ( is shit ) have been at the club since debut.

Ado car and Curtis Scott were sharks juniors
The storm actually poached Scott ... sharks tried very hard to keep him.
He’ll come home though .
Matt Prior was at the dragons as well.

Sharks have already tried to get Curtis Scott back I do believe but he chose to stay in Melbourne. I remember reading something a while back that he’s parents wanted him out of Cronulla because they were worried about the people he was hanging with.

carcharias

Immortal
Matt Prior was at the dragons as well.

Sharks have already tried to get Curtis Scott back I do believe but he chose to stay in Melbourne. I remember reading something a while back that he’s parents wanted him out of Cronulla because they were worried about the people he was hanging with.

Prior was hardly a top player then.
Scott was keen to play under Bellamy
He goes I’d say Scott will come back.

coolumsharkie

Referee

hahaha yeah ok, must have been some Kent from Fox maybe?