What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you neutrals going for in the finals?

Finals bandwagon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Shield

Juniors
hahaha yeah ok, must have been some Kent from Fox maybe?
Yeah probably. Definitely sounds like something Kent would write up. I’ve tried looking for it again, the only one I can find is a daily telegraph article but I’m not paying to find out if it’s the right one. The headline reads something like “Storm owe Scott’s parents for delivery him to the club” or something like that

t-ba

Post Whore
I've got tickets to the GF so I'm declaring a cheat day.

I'm going for a Coma inducing amount of KFC and several Taro Milk Teas from ShareTea.

The actual teams can go f**k themselves.

no name

Coach
As much of a champion player Slater has been, he really is an unlikeable merkin.
Seeing someone like Luke Lewis going out on top would be good to see.

Springs09

Juniors
Lol anyone claiming Melbourne are trying to “buy” a premiership clearly has no idea what they are talking about. Of the 1-17 named for this weekends game, 15 made their debut for the Storm, only Josh Addo-Carr and Dale Finucane played NRL before coming to Melbourne. JAC player 9 games for the Tigers and Finucane played 66 games for the Bulldogs.

Just a quick look at the other teams 1-17 and the Sharks have about 6 players who debuted at other clubs, 7 if you include Dugan who is named in the 18 but will probably play. The Rabbitohs have about 5 players and the Roosters have about 5 as well

The Storm buy nearly all their players. Not the same as the Roosters, who buy established first graders, but the Storm have as many Melbourne juniors as Toronto has Canadian juniors.

Springs09

Juniors
Nobody is saying that except that one bloke who thinks the dragons were equal best.
Even though they sucked when it really mattered.

pfft, they sucked when it didn't matter that much, same as all teams have done for a large part of the year.

They weren't too bad when it really mattered, apart from one really dumb play.

AJB1102

First Grade
None, this year. The competition was so inconsistent nearly all finals games were going to be a toss of a coin.

No 4 teams were 1 game better than the next 4 and the remaining 8 were well behind.

Toss of the coin finals is reflective of how close it all was. Finals shouldn't be walkovers.

The_Shield

Juniors
The Storm buy nearly all their players. Not the same as the Roosters, who buy established first graders, but the Storm have as many Melbourne juniors as Toronto has Canadian juniors.
How many Dragons players are actually from St George? How many Broncos players are actually from Brisbane? How many Sharks are actually from Cronulla? Same question can be asked for every club

carcharias

Immortal
pfft, they sucked when it didn't matter that much, same as all teams have done for a large part of the year.

They weren't too bad when it really mattered, apart from one really dumb play.

That really dumb play is what I’d call sucking when it really mattered.
In fact
I just looked it up “sucking “ in the dictionary and they reference that actual incident.

Ya win gotta win the close ones.

carcharias

Immortal
How many Dragons players are actually from St George? How many Broncos players are actually from Brisbane? How many Sharks are actually from Cronulla? Same question can be asked for every club
Sharks have 3
Could have more but they got poached
Ado car
Curtis Scott
Tyron Peachey

Valheru

Coach
None, this year. The competition was so inconsistent nearly all finals games were going to be a toss of a coin.

So you think they fluked it?

Roosters have bought 3 established first graders in their team this week. Cronk, teddy and keary. The other 3 players that have played for other clubs are JWH (6 games for manly), tetevano (games for knights in 2014) and fergo. Fergo was obviously an established first grader but bought after being sacked and no one else wanted him at the time.

So there goes that myth.