What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Dibs

Bench
It is rumoured that Taupau is signed but I won't be holding my breath waiting for this to be announced - if true. However he is the type of player we need. And if true if he can install the same aggression into our younger players coming thru it'll hold them in good stead going forward.
It is not true

hindy111

Post Whore
My point is they were all fullback options ... same as us - yet we somehow f**ked up

Gutho is a centre ... hayne is capable anywhere in the backline .... french turned to plop

Do you think BA should have told hayne, Sorry mate we've already got 2 fullbacks dont want you here

When Sharks signed Moylan it was for 5/8
When signed Dugan was for centre.
Both paid for what positions worth.

If Bevan was viewed as a Fullback that means Hayne was viewed as a wing position and Guth a centre. Yet all 3 plus Norman and W.Smith played there.

I reckon BA didn't know where to play who where and just guessed.
If Bevans here next season and MJ id have Hayne on wing with MJ and Guth in centres. Bevan at fullback and Fergo on ohter wing.
If Haynes fullback then Bevan goes to nsw cup.

TheRam

Coach
Plenty of fullbacks can play other positions. Just not French.

French can play wing or fullback, but only in a team that can actually dominate the middle and win. Something like what Luke Burt was capable of. On his day he was brilliant and showed unbelievable skill. But if the team got clobbered he was often the weakest link.

Same could be said for Dragons fullback Matt Duffty and other players of their skill and size. That's why I said when he was in the lower grades that he reminds me of Reece Robinson and most of you jumped to his defence, including Stagger Eel and went on about how I was a poor judge and knew nothing.

Well sorry, all you guys that rated him are the ones that seem to know very little of what it takes to be an NRL level, high quality long term player. French may still go on to have a good and long term NRL career due to his superior speed, skill set, and ability to find the ball, but only in teams that are high percentage winners.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is rumoured that Taupau is signed but I won't be holding my breath waiting for this to be announced - if true. However he is the type of player we need. And if true if he can install the same aggression into our younger players coming thru it'll hold them in good stead going forward.
Taupau has been playing NRL since 2010 and has played one finals match. He's good at running the ball (which will help our attack) but he's not a winner.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's why I said when he was in the lower grades that he reminds me of Reece Robinson and most of you jumped to his defence, including Stagger Eel and went on about that I was a poor judge and knew nothing.
Everyone else knew French was skinny. We have eyes too ffs.

If you got jumped on it was probably for claiming French only had as much skill as Robinson. He clearly has a lot more (though with his confidence shot this year we haven't seen it since 2017).

TheRam

Coach
Taupau has been playing NRL since 2010 and has played one finals match. He's good at running the ball (which will help our attack) but he's not a winner.

No one is a winner if they happen to be playing in average to shit teams. Sometimes great players continually end up playing for teams just can't seem to win enough games.

Look at Brett Kenny, once all the other star players retired, he was still a champion, and in a quality team he would of still been a champion, be it that he was a metre or so slower, but in those useless Parra teams, if that was all you had to go by, you could say that he wasn't a winner.

Unfortunately for him, Taupau has just played for low quality teams. His efforts can hardly ever be seen as the reason for his teams not making the play offs FFS.

TheRam

Coach
Everyone else knew French was skinny. We have eyes too ffs.

If you got jumped on it was probably for claiming French only had as much skill as Robinson. He clearly has a lot more (though with his confidence shot this year we haven't seen it since 2017).

Yeah sure mate. I take your above statement as seriously as your above statement on Taupau.

Also how could you rate him then, since he was skinny? Did your eyes somehow confuse your brain and convince you that size doesn't matter in the NRL ffs.

Latest posts