What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone crows about the salary cap making a close comp yet the top 4/prelim games are all prem winners from the last 5 years and Storm will be playing 3 GFs in a row and going dor back to back. The salary cap really isn't helping.

Compared to other leagues around the world we have a much more even comp, you’re never going to get real parity. There are simply clubs that a lot of guys would prefer to play for.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What’s everyone’s $$$ predictions?

I’m going to say it’ll be speculated as 4 years, $5m

My feeling is the actual contract will be a bit lower though.

I think there will be the max of tpa's in the salary which will bring it down a bit. To me that sounds like a fair amount.
Compared to other leagues around the world we have a much more even comp, you’re never going to get real parity. There are simply clubs that a lot of guys would prefer to play for.

deleted

OldPanther

Coach
What’s everyone’s $$$ predictions?

I’m going to say it’ll be speculated as 4 years, $5m

My feeling is the actual contract will be a bit lower though.

At least a mil a season.

True.

TheFrog

Coach
Didn't Gus admit to be wrong about letting Ivan go.

The closest he's come to this is saying that whether he was right or wrong, he believed he was right at the time.

Didn't gus also go and bring staffs with him to see the Broncos set up when he first arrived ?

He went and looked at the Broncos setup with a view to emulating it at Penrith when Griffin was Broncos head coach, I don't know who if anyone went with him though.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can’t seriously be suggesting that this is because of Gus’s ego?? That’s one of the stupidest things I’ve read on here.

Gus knows all afterall. Why would he need to go halfway around the world

Of course Gus can do no wrong your eyes. You must enjoy almost being good enough

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Gus knows all afterall. Why would he need to go halfway around the world

Of course Gus can do no wrong your eyes. You must enjoy almost being good enough

Gus has done plenty wrong in my eyes!

Your mental if you think his ego is stopping shit like this. He is all about spreading the game and getting the team into the media with interesting stories.

You don’t think Gus would love a story about the boys heading to NZ and training with the All Blacks???

Wake up to yourself. Gus is happy to let the coaching staff handle the coaching.

You’re unbelievable.

Gus has done plenty wrong in my eyes!

Your mental if you think his ego is stopping shit like this. He is all about spreading the game and getting the team into the media with interesting stories.

You don’t think Gus would love a story about the boys heading to NZ and training with the All Blacks???

Wake up to yourself. Gus is happy to let the coaching staff handle the coaching.

You’re unbelievable.

One thing Gus isn’t about is spreading the game. If he had his way it’d still be the NSWRL.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
One thing Gus isn’t about is spreading the game. If he had his way it’d still be the NSWRL.

Really, that’s why he’s been the driving force behind the expansion into the country, the Women’s comp and making all players available for rep duties.

He was frustrated when the all stars game was cancelled and has been very vocal in his support for the emergence of Tonga.

He has many faults, but this is not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts