What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

MilkShark

First Grade
Defence says whatever they believe would help get their client off. Shock f**king horror.
I swear that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. Affirmation: I solemnly affirm that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Happy for Billy, getting to play his last game in a GF, however the NRL are a bunch of armatures leaving most people fed up with their incompetence on all levels.

Billy should have been binned for 10 and this whole charade would have been avoided.

Even the refs are scared of the NRL’s incompetence

Storm80

Juniors
The potential for injury to the defender in this ''tackle'' was huge. Shoulder charges have very little control and very high potential to go wrong.

The crazy thing about this is if Feki had suffered an injury (small or large) from this ''tackle'', billy gets off still.

That is absurd.

Clutching at straws mate haha

A roosters ex captain was part of a judiciary that ruled not guilty.

Danish

Referee
Clutching at straws mate haha

A roosters ex captain was part of a judiciary that ruled not guilty.

Maybe you should google the circumstances by which that ex-captain left the roosters before you assume that he would want to help us

thorson1987

Coach
I swear that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. Affirmation: I solemnly affirm that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

f**king lol.

So are you saying every single defence attorney in history has told the truth whilst trying to get their client off.

Guarantee if it was Gal in Billys place last night you wouldn't be able to get on your knees in front of the lawyer quick enough.

MilkShark

First Grade
f**king lol.

So are you saying every single defence attorney in history has told the truth whilst trying to get their client off.

Guarantee if it was Gal in Billys place last night you wouldn't be able to get on your knees in front of the lawyer quick enough.
Not at all.

Haha unlike some, I am able to remove myself from that kind of bias. I call what I see.

bileduct

Coach
Geez....

"A married man showing his donger to someone in a private consensual act brings the game into disrepute!"

"Souffs people on the NRL led investigation covered up what Sam Burgess did!"

"Dallas Johnson might be on the panel and that's unfair because he played with Billy Slater!"

"Sean Garlick was on the panel and that's unfair because even though he played for us he hates us!"

"The judiciary hates us!"

"The referees hate us!"

"The NRL hates us!"

Thank f**k for Roosters fans now that Alex Jones has been kicked off the internet. Very entertaining.

kbw

Bench
Once they cited him they should have suspended him. It should not matter if its your first or last game, a media hero or a nobody.

But I have seen that sort of defence occur against wingers nearly every week. while I believe its a penalty (and a citing) by the rules, precedence shows that its never penalised and in terms of consistency he should not have been cited to start with.

carcharias

Immortal
Happy for Billy, getting to play his last game in a GF, however the NRL are a bunch of armatures leaving most people fed up with their incompetence on all levels.

Billy should have been binned for 10 and this whole charade would have been avoided.

Even the refs are scared of the NRL’s incompetence

Was it even a penalty?

Life's Good

Coach
I listened to Paul Conlon on 2KY this morning and he suggested that the acquittal was based on not enough evidence to determine 'unreasonable risk of injury'. Essentially, it wasn't clear enough/proven that damage(head clash, whiplash etc.) would have been caused by the tackle which left the door open for a not guilty verdict.
Anyway, unless the deliberations that led to the outcome are made public, we will never really know.

Timbo

Staff member
Just overheard two people in my office discussing it. f**k their logic made me angry, and their logic seems to line up with Nine’s and the rest of the media:

‘He shouldn’t be suspended - a legend shouldn’t miss his last game. I get that it was technically illegal, but come on, what else could he do? Just let him score? Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. As if you should suspend someone just because they shoulder charge stopping a try’.

Oh ok then. So you can do whatever you want if you’re (a) a ‘legend’ and (b) stopping a try. In that case the Roosters should send Cooper Cronk out there with a machine gun on Sunday. As long as he only uses it to shoot people in the act of scoring a try, there’s no issue. He’s a ‘legend’ after all.

f**k me.

carcharias

Immortal
Just overheard two people in my office discussing it. f**k their logic made me angry, and their logic seems to line up with Nine’s and the rest of the media:

‘He shouldn’t be suspended - a legend shouldn’t miss his last game. I get that it was technically illegal, but come on, what else could he do? Just let him score? Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. As if you should suspend someone just because they shoulder charge stopping a try’.

Oh ok then. So you can do whatever you want if you’re (a) a ‘legend’ and (b) stopping a try. In that case the Roosters should send Cooper Cronk out there with a machine gun on Sunday. As long as he only uses it to shoot people in the act of scoring a try, there’s no issue. He’s a ‘legend’ after all.

f**k me.

I heard a cracker

He shouldn’t be suspended because he is married and speaks well and hasn’t had off feild issues.

Ha

King hit

Coach

f**k me.

That is the problem with terrible commentary by Gould, Johns (at times) and Wally. People honestly believe because they say it means it is fact when in reality it isn’t.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That is the problem with terrible commentary by Gould, Johns (at times) and Wally. People honestly believe because they say it means it is fact when in reality it isn’t.

This is a massive issue. It was even worse on the CH9 cricket commentary, thank f**k they lost the coverage.

MilkShark

First Grade

f**k me.

I really don't understand how people cannot understand that if a player is unable to get to a player in time to stop a try, this does not mean you are then allowed to break the rules in order to stop the try being scored.

What is he to do? Just let him score?
Ummm well yes, that is the game!!!!!!!!!!!

My mind boggles.