What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Championship and League 1 2018

Teddyboy

First Grade
Only messing with yer marra :wink:

Union is definitely Penrith, Kendal and Keswick while the likes of Whitehaven, egremont, cleator moor, Workington and maryport(basically the west coast) are league territory. Carlisle is union also but football(soccer) is #1 in the city.
The Union places are nice as in Kendal and Keswick but Cumbria reminds me of Cornwall in Rugby terms but sadly Cornwall doesn't have the problem of having 2 Rugby codes as it's the Cornish Pirates and thats that.

Tigers1986

Juniors
So apparently 12th in the championship can theoretically survive relegation due to the new restructure. They'll play the loser of Bradford/Workington in a playoff for the 14th spot in the championship.

This means L1 stays with the same teams barring a huge upset.

Tigers1986

Juniors
We don't get much League 1 here but seeing the performances, Swinton look to be pretty bad formwise. 4 wins in 30 games is a poor turnaround.

Tigers1986

Juniors
That's absolutely crazy given they were in SL 12 months ago. Shows why proper management is essential to teams in all divisions.

Pommy

Coach
That's absolutely crazy given they were in SL 12 months ago. Shows why proper management is essential to teams in all divisions.

The sad part it is I’m not even surprised. They lost the million pound game and continued spending like nothing changed.
I said at the time I was a huge gamble when everyone knew 12 months ago Toronto already looked nailed on to be the promoted side this year. Add to that you had a strong Toulouse and London I just couldn’t see a pay off on their investment this season.

deluded pom?

Coach
The RFL have given Leigh and Fev special dispensation to allow them to sign additional players for this game.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The championship should be exciting and close again in 2019. Hopefully they’ll be a few big crowds with the likes of Bradford, York and Widnes coming into the league.

Northern

Juniors
Shame they couldn’t go to 14 teams SL in the restructure. I know there would be a depth of quality issue but would have been great to have London, Toulouse & Toronto in.

But, yeah, the championship should be very competitive next season. Toronto, Toulouse, Widnes(?), possibly York & Bradford.

Perth Tiger

Bench
How far off are Bradford and York from competing at the top of the Championship? do they need to overhall their squads?

With Toronto and TO likely at the top with Leigh looking to slide and who knows how Widnes will shape up, it will be very interesting in 2019

Latest posts