What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Championship and League 1 2018

roughyedspud

Coach
So...York & Bradford haven't been automatically promoted,Mick gledhill's (the game caller) fault for tweeting bullshit

Tigers1986

Juniors
1st past the post is promoted, winner of playoff is promoted. Loser of playoff plays championships 11th placed team in a promotion match.

Why they decide to alter the league structure effective with a month remaining is asinine.

Lol @ thinking Oldham will get promoted.

Tigers1986

Juniors
That because we are led by asses.

It must be frustrating. I love following the UK game (Wigan fan), yet am baffled as to all the constant restructuring nonsense that happens. Top 5 is a great move for a finals series but the end of season change is pathetic.

deluded pom?

Coach
It must be frustrating. I love following the UK game (Wigan fan), yet am baffled as to all the constant restructuring nonsense that happens. Top 5 is a great move for a finals series but the end of season change is pathetic.
Then they wonder why people get switched off.

roughyedspud

Coach
So the league 1 play offs are...

Bradford v oldham
Doncaster v workington

Losers go home,winners advance to the "final"

Winner of that final gets promoted,the lose plays again,the following week, against the bottom team in the championship..

Which is causing a heap load of shit cos most players had booked holidays for the week after the "final" which was supposed to be the end of the season..

deluded pom?

Coach
So the league 1 play offs are...

Bradford v oldham
Doncaster v workington

Losers go home,winners advance to the "final"

Winner of that final gets promoted,the lose plays again,the following week, against the bottom team in the championship..

Which is causing a heap load of shit cos most players had booked holidays for the week after the "final" which was supposed to be the end of the season..
Yes, Leon isn’t happy.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Tough luck to them for booking holidays. My goodness they do nothing but whinge in the lower leagues.
That’s a bit harsh mate. Don’t forget that these players are part-time and have fulltime jobs and can’t go away on holiday with their wives/partners and kids during the school summer holidays because they are playing all throughout the summer.

deluded pom?

Coach
That’s a bit harsh mate. Don’t forget that these players are part-time and have fulltime jobs and can’t go away on holiday with their wives/partners and kids during the school summer holidays because they are playing all throughout the summer.
And they get fined if they do take their kids on holiday during school time.

Teddyboy

First Grade
At least we get York moving on up to SL hopefully as along with Newcastle they are the only pro RL clubs that are not shitholes ?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
At least we get York moving on up to SL hopefully as along with Newcastle they are the only pro RL clubs that are not shitholes ?
Easy there marra. Nowt wrang with wukington and Whitehaven :wink:

Seriously though York is a biggy for me as imo it has huge potential and ive been saying for years it’s a big new market in terms of not only new fans of RL but players as well. In fact the whole of North Yorkshire is criminally neglected by RL if you ask me.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Easy there marra. Nowt wrang with wukington and Whitehaven :wink:

Seriously though York is a biggy for me as imo it has huge potential and ive been saying for years it’s a big new market in terms of not only new fans of RL but players as well. In fact the whole of North Yorkshire is criminally neglected by RL if you ask me.
Sorry ole bean got a soft spot for Maryport and yes North Yorkshire seem to have more Rugby Union I think and I suspect places like Penrith, Kendal and Keswick near and in the Lake District are more Union.

Tigers1986

Juniors
League 1 currently has 14 teams. The new structure shows it will have 12 next season.

So, 2 go up through promotion, but one falls down (possibly 3 up with the playoff). Does this mean that League 1 will cull West Wales?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Sorry ole bean got a soft spot for Maryport and yes North Yorkshire seem to have more Rugby Union I think and I suspect places like Penrith, Kendal and Keswick near and in the Lake District are more Union.
Only messing with yer marra :wink:

Union is definitely Penrith, Kendal and Keswick while the likes of Whitehaven, egremont, cleator moor, Workington and maryport(basically the west coast) are league territory. Carlisle is union also but football(soccer) is #1 in the city.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
League 1 currently has 14 teams. The new structure shows it will have 12 next season.

So, 2 go up through promotion, but one falls down (possibly 3 up with the playoff). Does this mean that League 1 will cull West Wales?
I’ve heard that west wales have appointed a new Aussie coach but who knows with this game in the U.K.

Latest posts