What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Pilot house

Juniors
I think I said “off of you’ but I don’t mind being wrong.

It was poor expression, but my mind was racing ahead about the leagues club lark.

In the meantime, i take this opportunity to invite all rugby league fans to become a member of the leagues club.

Don’t bet every time you go in, just on every other occasion as a reward for you.

But gamble responsibly, ie $40 and when it runs out, be cool walk.

Read this last sentence 7 times and it should sink in and kick your subconscious into fretting before you pump more in. Not foolproof but I like to try to help people.

Otherwise, gambling is a bit of a joke really.

Last edited:

Pilot house

Juniors
0E98F717-0016-4F5B-9F97-4F2431D1BCB0.jpeg
Current sign to stop trespassers. Taken from Victoria Ave.

They should have let the punters tear the guts out of the stadium like they did with Cumberland Oval.

As a kid I met Arthur Beetson there. He was very kindly.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“PARRAMATTA have sensationally rejected a deal to play their home games in 2019 at the brand new $300 million Western Sydney Stadium — throwing the NRL draw release into disarray.

Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr has declared that the club is refusing to sign off on a commercial deal, which he has described as “unacceptable”, with VenuesLive — the operator of the stadium which is under construction on the site of the former Pirtek Stadium at Parramatta.

Gurr claims six months of negotiations with Venues Live have broken down due to the club refusing to accept a contract which would have adverse implications for the club financially, while also severely compromising food and beverage and ticket prices.

The new Western Sydney Stadium is due to open in 2019.
The stalemate will result in the NRL being forced to mark “TBC” — to be confirmed — for all of the Eels home game venues when the 2019 draw is released next week.

In a letter sent to Eels members on Tuesday, Gurr wrote: “Over the past six months the Board and Management of the Club have been involved in detailed negotiations regarding a commercial agreement for our Parramatta Eels Club at the WSS.

NSW Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres and Member for Parramatta Geoff Lee tour Western Sydney Stadium earlier this year.
“As it stands today, the Club has been offered commercial terms by the stadium operator that are not acceptable to the Board of the Parramatta Eels Club or the Parramatta Leagues Club.

“Therefore, when then NRL draw is released in the near future, the venue for the Club’s home games in 2019 will be marked as “TBC” (to be confirmed).

“Our view that the current proposal is unacceptable has been confirmed after an extensive six-month due diligence process conducted by myself and other members of the management team.

“The due diligence process has included the engagement of a reputable consulting firm.

“Together we have benchmarked the commercial terms of the current offer against offerings currently being received by NRL and other sports at a range of stadiums across multiple states of Australia.

“The current proposal if accepted would adversely affect the ability of our Club to invest in our Football Department including our NRL team and our junior elite football programs.

Eels CEO Bernie Gurr says the Western Sydney Stadium deal is “unacceptable”. Picture: Phil Hillyard
“The current agreement at ANZ has adversely impacted the Club financially and we are not prepared to accept a new agreement that will continue to impact the Club negatively for the next 25 years.

“The Club will also not compromise on key areas that are important to our Members and supporters such as:

* Affordable food and beverage pricing and options

* A clear public transport plan for WSS to enable Members to attend games smoothly.

* Reasonable event costs to ensure affordable pricing for Members and causal ticket holders.

* Expanded opportunities for our Corporate partners to help drive revenue for the Club.

* Better technology to enhance Game Day experience.

“In the interests of arriving at a fair and reasonable deal, we are continuing our discussions with the stadium operator in an attempt to resolve this matter quickly so that our Members and supporters have a clear understanding of the WSS schedule for 2019.’’

The Eels had been told to prepare to host their first home game against the Wests Tigers at Western Sydney Stadium on Easter Monday in round six.

However, all planning has been put on hold to resolve the current contract wrangle.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/41f1d44ccdd18c4c31e9135168a36840

84 Baby

Referee
And opening game is Easter Monday vs Tigers? Why would you f**king move a game that's an easy draw for crowd numbers for another one which is going to be an easy draw? Why not have both f**king games, even if it does push the ground opening back a week? Suity probably won't have finished building it by then anyway

Pilot house

Juniors
As a leagues club member I do not want us to miss out on the additional revenue from home games, so I implore the stadium operators to meet the reasonable demands of the football club.

Delboy

First Grade
No way should the club be forced or agree to the current terms offered by the State Govt entity. They are asking for 3 times more than the old Parramatta Stadium and twice what any other club pays , even for the new stadiums in other states.

It is a blatant grab for revenue, the club was shafted by the deal at ANZ hurriedly signed off by the previous board which cost the club over $1 million per season more than the Dogs or Souffs were charged.

With the soccer team also refusing to accept the charges, the typical govt statutory body will try and get away with daylight robbery. Good on the club, this is the first sign of real difference we have seen from Bernie. Another toll road robbery tactic from those in charge who have no idea of the electorates cost of living pressures.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
And opening game is Easter Monday vs Tigers? Why would you f**king move a game that's an easy draw for crowd numbers for another one which is going to be an easy draw? Why not have both f**king games, even if it does push the ground opening back a week? Suity probably won't have finished building it by then anyway

With the right advertising, ticket promotions, and form from the 2 teams that game can easily draw 50k. It doesn't make sense to move the game to Parramatta, the first game at the new stadium is almost guaranteed to draw close to capacity if not capacity.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Wouldn't easter sunday night at 7:30 be a better timeslot for the opening then the monday arvo.

Surely the 1st game being played under lights will have a better atmosphere and with the public holiday the next day the kids arent affected by school. And most wont have work on.

Seems a waste to me to open it on the monday arvo game

Gazzamatta

Coach
Positive stuff from our leaders but how will this play out at the AGM on November 8 if not sorted beforehand? I can almost hear the Old Brigade rubbing their hands with glee searching to put a negative spin against the current hierarchy. Will this have an effect on Max's Constitution Reforms?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
As a leagues club member I do not want us to miss out on the additional revenue from home games, so I implore the stadium operators to meet the reasonable demands of the football club.
I was told a few years ago by someone that had worked at the club for many, many years, that the LC actually makes less money on game days. Due to more staff being on and the big punters staying away.

Delboy

First Grade
Positive stuff from our leaders but how will this play out at the AGM on November 8 if not sorted beforehand? I can almost hear the Old Brigade rubbing their hands with glee searching to put a negative spin against the current hierarchy. Will this have an effect on Max's Constitution Reforms?
That's a very negative view for a CEO that is standing fast against a Govt attempt to rort more money out of the western suburbs. The dopes that support the Fitzy and Spags stooges will do it anyway, it's up to the rest of us Leagues Club members to get there in decent numbers to pass the sensible resolutions. Not continue to give them breath, if you want to see the club go forward, get to the LC AGM and vote .