What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Because the fact he spent so much time in reserve grade showed he wasn’t held in such high regard after all. They wouldn’t have been surprised by him. They would have watched plenty of tape of him before they signed him.

As for the length of the contract, that keeps the price down, it doesn’t push it up. Long contracts represent a risk to the club not the player. If he’s not happy he can whinge until he gets a release or an upgrade. The club only has the option of sacking him if he f**ks up badly off the field.
Mennings says hi!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
“We’re excited to add more depth to our forward pack; Kane’s size and aggression adds another dimension to our playing squad for next season,” said Head Coach Brad Arthur.
No different from Vave or Matagi, except his youth means he got an extra year.

hindy111

Post Whore
No different from Vave or Matagi, except his youth means he got an extra year.

How come you changed tune? Like at what point did you decide too adjust things?

I am sure someine around here would be able to say yes or no to this from inner circles.

K.Evans less or more then 300k?

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think Evans even at 300k is terrible. To me he is a 150k player but capable of a 250-350k next season. Better he had a poor season in 2018.
Its guys like MJ on these huge contracts playing like a 150k player thst hurts a team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How come you changed tune? Like at what point did you decide too adjust things?
When the club made clear he was a depth player.

Or should I stick to my ideas and just ignore new facts?
I am sure someine around here would be able to say yes or no to this from inner circles.

K.Evans less or more then 300k?
It would depend on other offers at the time. Do you think there was much demand for him? I’m not sure we were that desperate in 2017 when we signed him. Ferguson and Paulo would be on a lot more.

Did BA describe either of those as depth signings or just Kane Evans?

hindy111

Post Whore
When the club made clear he was a depth player.

Or should I stick to my ideas and just ignore new facts?
It would depend on other offers at the time. Do you think there was much demand for him? I’m not sure we were that desperate in 2017 when we signed him. Ferguson and Paulo would be on a lot more.

Did BA describe either of those as depth signings or just Kane Evans?

You mean BA comment when he signed?
You did not change tune till this year once he started playing poorly.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jnrs on a reported 700k. That is top 5 prop in game money. BA balls online with this one.
If Evans was on 300k and flopped to a fill in role it isnt a woefull signing.

Jnr however I feel was a risk BA had to take just as was then one with Evans.