What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah Gutho / Jennings are probably first choice at centre then we have Taka, Salmon and Hoffman who can play centre. Then can Gennings play centre? He was listed as centre in his pre NRL days plus as mentioned there is Ferguson. Plus there is probably 1 or 2 juniors which could potentially be promoted if we are that short.
Fair point. We are actually well covered at centre, assuming Gutherson starts there.

Noise

Coach
Smith was only picked once to start at hooker in 2018 (happy to be corrected), which was round 10 against the dogs, and Pritchard was injured and King wasn’t picked. Every other club either king / Mahoney or Pritchard started at hooker

Yep and it was absolute stupidity to pick Smith as an 80min hooker when King was available. Will Smith is not a dummy half. I can't believe he continued to use him as a dummy half off the bench later in the season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Use up some TPA's. We could get any 3 of them for about $4mill total. Then just flesh the rest of the bones of the team out of the crap players we already have.

we might actually have some TPAs by 2020

I'd just be happy if Semi came back

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutho's best position is centre. BA doesn't see Hoffman as viable option at fullback. He picks Will Smith ahead of him.

I agree with both, but they are still fullback options in the squad.

Obviously we are going pretty bad if Hoffman goes to fullback but if Hayne doesn’t sign, wouldn’t be surprised if Gutho is fullback or Norman. And they both wouId do a decent job.

T-Boon

Coach
We should start recruiting for 2020.
Here is the list of players I would be trying hard to recruit.
Jason Taumololo
Semi Radradra
Damien Cook
Kalyn Ponga

I would add Cooper Cronk to this list. I know he will be old in 2020 but he does not play a very athletic type game anyway.

Eelogical

Referee
We should start recruiting for 2020.
Here is the list of players I would be trying hard to recruit.
Jason Taumololo
Semi Radradra
Damien Cook
Kalyn Ponga

Sivo is our next Radradra, I'm convinced of that. If it's a forward you're after then go for another front rower. Besides, we've got more second rowers than a Roman Biremis. Cook might be worth a shot though. As far as Ponga is concerned he'll probably be snapped up by either the Warriors, Storm or Broncos by then.

T-Boon

Coach
If it's a forward you're after then go for another front rower. Besides, we've got more second rowers than a Roman Biremis.

I don't think of players as forwards or backs, let alone second rowers. The scrum is a fake element of the game and it has been for many years. We could just do with Taumololo. He would be good at hit ups and/or running off a passer.

Latest posts