What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY only 1 trial????"

ouryears

Bench
I don't think SGI need to play any trials.
There are no spots ups for grabs. The team is set. It wouldn't matter if a young kid, say Lomax, excelled in the trials because he'd never get a run over Lafai or Aitken anyway.
The team is set.
Match fitness is a bit different to being fit.....def need a total of 3 trials including charity shield, which has lost its gloss that’s for sure. Probably play it in regional area again.

hazzbeen

Bench
There are no spots ups for grabs. The team is set. It wouldn't matter if a young kid, say Lomax, excelled in the trials because he'd never get a run over Lafai or Aitken anyway.
The team is set.
Thinking the same here mate , Lomax should be there he excelled in pressure games he played ...... But won't happen ....

WepnutV

Juniors
The team is set.
Wrong

The team is set.
The problem with the Lomax example is that the kid did a lot more than excel in a trial match.
He was sublime in the sudden death Broncos semi up at Suncorp and backed up and played great against Souths the following week..
Any thought or discussion about leaving Lomax out of the starting centre pairing is just bloody minded stupidity.
What more does he have to do to get the nod over Aitkin?

Crush

Coach
The problem with the Lomax example is that the kid did a lot more than excel in a trial match.
He was sublime in the sudden death Broncos semi up at Suncorp and backed up and played great against Souths the following week..
Any thought or discussion about leaving Lomax out of the starting centre pairing is just bloody minded stupidity.
What more does he have to do to get the nod over Aitkin?
In our coaches eyes? He needs to do his time. He needs to be patient. He needs to wait until Mary gives him the nod.
Obviously thats all bullshit and any other coach would see that he has enormous potential and is worth taking a punt on but not Mary, he doesn't gamble, he doesn't punt on anything ever (in his mind).
Most conservative backward thinking coach in NRL.

aquiin

Juniors
Unless two wingers are going fantastically well, we are stronger with Lomax on the wing where he will have opportunities to move around at the right times.

I still don’t think he’d play a full season a right centre at 19 and be consistent as he would like to be. It’d be a rollercoaster. He’s still not prudent with his offloads, for one, but more importantly physically it’s a lot to ask.

I can’t think of a centre in recent times who played well for a full season at 19.

Latest posts