What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY only 1 trial????"

This Year?

Immortal
If true about only 1 trial it is very poor. Trials were always about getting the team out there and promoting the club in regional areas and competing for a spot. Going through the thread I agree with every single comment.

I don't how this club can survive with this way of thinking. As fans we are all so excited in a pre season full of possibilities and news like this just deflates my enthusiasm.

This club has so much going for it but yet continues to do such silly things.

JDHD

Juniors
If true about only 1 trial it is very poor. Trials were always about getting the team out there and promoting the club in regional areas and competing for a spot. Going through the thread I agree with every single comment.

I don't how this club can survive with this way of thinking. As fans we are all so excited in a pre season full of possibilities and news like this just deflates my enthusiasm.

This club has so much going for it but yet continues to do such silly things.

Trials were never about that, they were about getting the players match fit because they worked full time jobs in retail. Players don’t need that anymore because they are full time athletes. All trials do is add more opportunities for injuries to end a season before it starts. And don’t hit me with ‘they need to build partnerships’ because if anything we could benefit from starting slow for a change. To suggest the club might not survive because they’re not having more than one trial is just the kind of f**king ridiculous hyperbole that is typical of this forum.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Trials were never about that, they were about getting the players match fit because they worked full time jobs in retail. Players don’t need that anymore because they are full time athletes. All trials do is add more opportunities for injuries to end a season before it starts. And don’t hit me with ‘they need to build partnerships’ because if anything we could benefit from starting slow for a change. To suggest the club might not survive because they’re not having more than one trial is just the kind of f**king ridiculous hyperbole that is typical of this forum.
TOTALLY AGREE J D H D .............LETS LOSE A FEW EARLY GAMES AND COME HOME LIKE A TRAIN FOR A CHANGE ......

This Year?

Immortal
It was more about highlighting poor decisions from the club. Of course they won't die if there are no trials but it wouldn't impact the club in a positive way. If the club is doing so great then why are they promoting themselves in Mudgee?

BLM01

First Grade
It was more about highlighting poor decisions from the club. Of course they won't die if there are no trials but it wouldn't impact the club in a positive way. If the club is doing so great then why are they promoting themselves in Mudgee?

It is an edict from the NRL that clubs promote themselves "in the bush" which there should be more of.
And because it is the "Mudgee Dragons" and a good ground that meets NRL criteria to watch footy why would'nt you promote it. And the Mudgee people love it and embrace it with red and white balloons in their pubs / cafes etc.

And BTW..dont be disappointed there will be 2 trials. 23rd Feb and 2nd Mar
1 at Kogarah and 1 at Mudgee (Newcastle & Souths).

The only disappointment decision by our beloved club as I will repeat their media people should be ashamed of the silence and last to know reactive announcements and the lack of real fan engagement and involvement about the real issues or stories fans want to know about what is going on at the club and behind the scenes. (with limitations of course)
The media people are great at engaging fans to buy gear and membership pitches but it stops there.

Look at the "Miley Cyrus's" link to the Newcastle club's first 7 weeks of pre-season 1/2 hour TV show.
That is how you engage your supporter base and other frank interviews on their website with coach's and other senior officials.
Our media player and club coaching staff interviews are so staged with prepared agreed questions and boring... but I watch as that is all we get.

Latest posts