What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Can anyone report on French? Has he bulked up, is he being trained at fullback.And how has he looked at training?
I really am excited of seeing him trail guys like Junior and Lane. Perfect fit for offloads and add lib footy. Set structure is not how this teams built.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
What exactly is Holmes going to be trying out for? I didn't bother to read the article but I'm assuming it probably doesn't say anyway, there's no way he could be a running back, he's too small, I don't see him making it, the only thing Hayne had going for him was his size + his step, and to a lesser extent his speed, Holmes doesn't have all that, and what he hasn't isn't fully marketable to the NFL. Besides I think the NFL is probably over the gimmick of "let's get a star from overseas to play on our team" by now.

The average size of a running back is 5'10" and 220 pounds, 177cm and 100kgs. Also the NFL players are not part of the USADA testing pool, won't be hard for him to put on 10kgs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Haynes speed and power was nothing lol His 40mtr dash was same as many QBs. 4.7ish...
Elite is under 4.5
I reckon had he not been an Aussie and a team in a weak position trying to spread their marketing potential he doesnt get a gig.
I also say he was about to be cut and had the tap on shoulder.......
He ran the 40 in 4.5 seconds.

I don't follow the NFL too much. Why is that?

Coz the players association don't want to cop WADA suspensions. They do get drug tested by the NFL, but the sanctions are lame. First offence for using performance enhancing drugs - up to 6 game suspension (Adrian Edelman got 4 weeks). Second offence....what do you reckon....a year, 2 years....nah a suspension of up to 10 games. And if you get caught in the off-season, you don't get suspended you get sent on a course.

Latest posts