What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
Maika Sivo

Never done weight training until 2017.
Only started Nsw cup mid last season after a year prior in Ron Massey
Very new to the game of Rugby league.

Very raw but an interesting prospect for sure. It is rare the Duke lets one slip through his hands but they are stacked in the backs and have long term wing options at representative level in DWZ and Mansour.

If Maika turned out well we could have a huge bonus on the flanks with him and Fergo punching 150mtrs a game between them.
I'd love to see Sivo given a chance on the wing if he knuckles down and pushes for selection. I think he can be our next Semi with the correct coaching.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I couldn’t find the stats again but I recall looking at Sivo’s stats and his run metres per game wasn’t anything great. Like only around 100m or so a game (happy to be corrected)

Anyone know where to find NSW cup player stats? They were up a while back on the NSWRL site.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/af85fb0af640d043f0d912f2886dc173

NRL clubs ready to swoop on unwanted stars after salary cap audit

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

COACHES are sitting back and waiting for the NRL to deliver their annual Christmas bonus — players unable to fit under their clubs’ salary caps.

With the NRL due to issue their annual salary cap audits between now and Christmas, The Daily Telegraph understands a number of clubs are scrambling to remain under the cap.

Those clubs with money left in their salary cap have been waiting patiently for the audits to arrive — and are ready to pounce.

Some clubs face sanctions, with players almost certain to be forced out. Club chief executives are convinced they will be released and thrown directly on to the open market.

“We are hearing there are a few clubs that are going to be over,” one prominent CEO said. “The squeeze could be on.

“We have all been in that position. You think you’re okay and then the salary cap audit comes down and it all changes. Then you have to shed a few.

“We’ll be waiting and seeing what unfolds. A few clubs are similar — they are waiting.”

The Daily Telegraph will not speculate on which clubs could be over the salary cap.

It is known, however, that a number of clubs — including Brisbane, Penrith, Parramatta, Souths, Cronulla and Melbourne — are fighting hard to remain under it.

Manly is also confronting its own salary-cap challenges.

The Panthers’ cap will no doubt have eased with Trent Merrin’s departure last week to Leeds in the English Super League.

Souths is yet to have a new contract for winger Robert Jennings registered by the NRL. That has led to speculation about Alex Johnston’s future.

Cronulla may well be OK now that Valentine Holmes has been released to trial for an NFL contract.

Brisbane has moved Test and Queensland forward Josh McGuire to North Queensland and Gold Coast Titans are circling Broncos forward Alex Glenn. Jordan Kahu could also be moved along.

“We get calls about players who might be moved,” the CEO said. “There is no set time, but all the audits happen about now.

“The NRL can assess things differently to what the club thinks — different interpretations. It can happen.

“There is then a mad scramble to move players.”

The Sharks are also awaiting possible punishment over the club’s recent salary-cap drama. Some suggest the NRL fine will be significant. One theory suggests the departure of Holmes may free up some money for the expected fine.

Some clubs may not receive their NRL audits until January or even early February.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It is known, however, that a number of clubs — including Brisbane, Penrith, Parramatta, Souths, Cronulla and Melbourne — are fighting hard to remain under it.
spooners struggling to stay under cap lol

get rid of the three stooges ffs

#powerhouse #trolleyboywillfixit

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn’t find the stats again but I recall looking at Sivo’s stats and his run metres per game wasn’t anything great. Like only around 100m or so a game (happy to be corrected)

Anyone know where to find NSW cup player stats? They were up a while back on the NSWRL site.

I think you'll find his stats are a bit inflated by 2 length of the field runs/trys that was posted here ages ago, he may be a year or more away from playing NRL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Daily Telegraph will not speculate on which clubs could be over the salary cap.

lol,

such f**king hypocrites

we wont speculate but here goes

Eelogical

Referee

From what I've seen he's an opportunist. Primarily, being in the right place at the right time to take advantage of a situation. He appears to have good hands and a willingness to learn. I know he'll have to work hard to get an NRL start but I think he's got what it takes, especially considering his limited time in the game.

Eelogical

Referee
spooners struggling to stay under cap lol

get rid of the three stooges ffs

#powerhouse #trolleyboywillfixit

King349.jpg

lingard

Coach
I don't particularly want to start a fight here, but what is a lib-tart exactly? Like what is it a reference of.

By the way, no one bother telling me to google it, I don't want to know what the definition is, I want to know what Ram thinks it means, and why it's relevant in Australia.

It"s a conservative confectionary made from shortbread and raspberry jam.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I've seen nothing yet to be convinced that he doesn't want a shot at the big time. Who wouldn't?

I'm not saying he doesn't personally. I'm questioning the blanket statement "with the correct coaching", the correct coaching can only go so far, there's been very talented players in the past who have been as physically gifted as Sivo that have been let down by a poor attitude.

It's unfair to any coaching staff to solely blame an individual's performance on them

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm not saying he doesn't personally. I'm questioning the blanket statement "with the correct coaching", the correct coaching can only go so far, there's been very talented players in the past who have been as physically gifted as Sivo that have been let down by a poor attitude.

It's unfair to any coaching staff to solely blame an individual's performance on them
Likewise talented players have been destroyed by poor coaching.