What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
It must be hard being you guys. I mean f**k. 2019 we have a new stadium.
Signed two players who potentialy are ORIGIN quality. Another guy who is quite promising in Lane.
Our squad has flaws like many teams but its also loaded with some fine talent. Moses,Norman,Jennings,Gutherson where down on form. All are capable at playing at origin quality amd the first two where talked about at start of year. Add guys like Tepai,Brown and Alvaro along with who may not play origin but are certainly capable of playing at origin level.

Norman Moses jennings Gutherson Ferguson
Jnr Alvaro Lane Tepai Brown

These guys all should start season with goals of being considered for the Blues or Qld. I dont see any getting picked due to other guys playing at origin level but it doesnt mean they cant play at the same level....They have the ability too.

The rest we just need to do a job. And hope a few promising jnrs step up and replace them. Guys like Manu,Mannah, Terepo will not let us down. They'll do their jobs.
I am possitive about 2019. I feel our sqad has flaws but enough possitive to push for finals with some luck.

The squad is at a nice age too. Enough young guys pushing the old guys and plenty of guys in peak years.
They might have the quality and skill but it all comes down to mindset. The difference between a super star and one who is not (with everything else being equal) is their mindset and currently none of our players have it, or if they have they've never shown it to date.

Look at Cronk in the grand final, he didn't do anything except keep the players focused on their goals and it worked. A team of 12 beat a team of 13 because of brain power. If Cronk was still with the Storm they would have won. That is what we and many other teams lack, belief. We had a belief of sorts for 2016/17 but not enough to win those critical final games. For some reason we lost it this year and now we need to find it again! (Btw was it the Hayne factor?????). What we need is a Cronk in our team (or a Jack Gibson as coach) to give them belief and keep them focussed to achieve their goals.

Glenneel

Bench
I think there is a role for skill...Do Thurston, Smith and Cronk have any size or pace? For mine football skills and smarts is what separates the greats from the pretty good.
Also applied to Sterlo also. Was always quicker between the ears then across the ground.

Glenneel

Bench
That's because Paul Green forgot how to coach, just like Arthur. And Ricky Stuart when he coached Parra.
RS has been a shit coach for many years. He inherited a gf winning squad at the Roosters, won his first gf and lost the next 2 and has been on a slide ever since. Very rarely does he get his team to the finals and never to play in a gf since.

Glenneel

Bench
Given The Clubs recent performances its easy to find fault. We have pretty much looked amateurish.
I will say however that the recent "Whole Club Training Day" is a positive step in my opinion. It is actual evidence of actions taken resulting from The Review as communicated to fans.
Be it Mark O'Neill or Bernie or a combination I say well done. Its a great start. An interesting comment from Bernie saying that "Brad Arthur is on board".
So where was he this year then?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They might have the quality and skill but it all comes down to mindset. The difference between a super star and one who is not (with everything else being equal) is their mindset and currently none of our players have it, or if they have they've never shown it to date.

Look at Cronk in the grand final, he didn't do anything except keep the players focused on their goals and it worked. A team of 12 beat a team of 13 because of brain power. If Cronk was still with the Storm they would have won. That is what we and many other teams lack, belief. We had a belief of sorts for 2016/17 but not enough to win those critical final games. For some reason we lost it this year and now we need to find it again! (Btw was it the Hayne factor?????). What we need is a Cronk in our team (or a Jack Gibson as coach) to give them belief and keep them focussed to achieve their goals.
Was it lack of belief that caused us to lose narrowly to the eventual grand finalists last year or was it just lack of Origin class talent?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
RS has been a shit coach for many years. He inherited a gf winning squad at the Roosters, won his first gf and lost the next 2 and has been on a slide ever since. Very rarely does he get his team to the finals and never to play in a gf since.
So you’re saying the strength of the clubs he coaches at is more important than his coaching ability?

Glenneel

Bench
Was it lack of belief that caused us to lose narrowly to the eventual grand finalists last year or was it just lack of Origin class talent?
If you mean the Storm in 2017 in Smith's record breaking game it was the refs that killed us. The NRL got their desired result so that is alright, for them not us!