What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Klemmer had 4 years still with the Dogs.
I agree contracts mean sh#t.

Browns parents moved over here this year so using the homesick card would be hard.
Fantastic kid.
He loves his heritage so eventually at some stage 1000% he will return to NZ. Whether that is next year or in 3 years if given the opportunity he would go.
You can only hope that in some of these young players minds they are greatful and thankful for the opportunities provided by there club and they remain loyal.
I would like to think Dylan Brown would be loyal to Parramatta but who knows.!
Plenty of kiwi merkins love their heritage and play footy for Australian NRL clubs their whole career. He can show his passion for his culture when he makes the Kiwi team.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Klemmer had 4 years still with the Dogs.
I agree contracts mean sh#t.

Browns parents moved over here this year so using the homesick card would be hard.
Fantastic kid.
He loves his heritage so eventually at some stage 1000% he will return to NZ. Whether that is next year or in 3 years if given the opportunity he would go.
You can only hope that in some of these young players minds they are greatful and thankful for the opportunities provided by there club and they remain loyal.
I would like to think Dylan Brown would be loyal to Parramatta but who knows.!
Never a dull moment around here.

Happy MEel

First Grade
NRL playing deals are still under Australian law just a Contract of Employment.

A Development Contract in the NRL restricts someone's ability to play in the NRL. Contracts that restrict someones ability to employment opions like playing in the NRL is essentially a restraint of trade.

Of course, we could negate all of this by upgrading him to the Top 30.
He has employment options...with the Parramatta Eels. As long as we continue to provide employment for him then that will be the case.

If you read back a little while ago. I stated..! If Parra do not look after some of there youngsters coming through they could end up loosing them as i know other clubs are circling.
Clubs have identified players to target.!
I was not only talking about Brown but a few others as well. Parra need to make up there minds and decide which players are priority going into the future and which ones are not. Other wise they run the risk of loosing some if not all the really good juniors coming through.

Avenger

Immortal
After Tim Smith

We had James Maloney, Trent Hodkinson and to a lesser extent Blake Green who we all let go and in hindsight should have kept.

Surely we are not stupid enough to let Brown go who by all reports is the best we have produced since Tim Smith.

Chipmunk

Coach
He has employment options...with the Parramatta Eels. As long as we continue to provide employment for him then that will be the case.

But his current contract says he can't play in the NRL. If another party was to offer him a contract that says he can play in the NRL, we wouldnt be able to hold him to a contract that restricts him not to play in the NRL. I understand that to be restraint of trade.

hindy111

Post Whore
Klemmer has two years on his contract and Newcastle could not sign Klemmer but eventually they did. Mate, if a player wants to go, he’s gone. Contracts mean shit

Have the Panthers lost a junior they wanted to keep since the Duke arrived?
If we f**k this pathway system up on one of our hot prospects after clearing decks I will have had enough of this club.

If you read back a little while ago. I stated..! If Parra do not look after some of there youngsters coming through they could end up loosing them as i know other clubs are circling.
Clubs have identified players to target.!
I was not only talking about Brown but a few others as well. Parra need to make up there minds and decide which players are priority going into the future and which ones are not. Other wise they run the risk of loosing some if not all the really good juniors coming through.

Don’t worry we have retained Gower

hindy111

Post Whore
Im sure BA has indentified the right juniors to keep, the ones he has released have not been huge losses.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Have the Panthers lost a junior they wanted to keep since the Duke arrived?
If we f**k this pathway system up on one of our hot prospects after clearing decks I will have had enough of this club.
I would have thought that the young fella from the panthers who is stuck in reserve grade would also be a target for the warriors. He's a least played in firsts.