What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Gear

callmack1

Staff member
Although no gear has been released yet for 2019, it can't be far away at all and a new development has been made in terms of sponsorship.

Fujitsu and Crown Resorts are sadly no longer with us as sponsors but it appears we have a new sponsor that has stepped up to the main sponsor level to take their place.

Normally, on Souths members emails, they have the main sponsors at the bottom of the email. So for 2018, Fujitsu and Crown Resorts would appear there. However, these disappeared a few weeks ago which confirms our partnership with those sponsors has unfortunately come to an end.

But in the members email the other day, I noticed that Alcatel appeared at the bottom which suggested to me that they are now our major sponsor.

This was pretty much confirmed today as the club website was updated and Alcatel now appears in the main sponsor area where Fujitsu and Crown used to be.

Despite us having a boxy sponsor for years, I've always thought it still looked nice because they were never some weird colour. However, with Alcatel being the new main sponsor, that might finally pave the way for some nice sponsor intergration because it will fit in between the hoops on our jerseys.

callmack1

Staff member
First bit of 2019 gear has dropped but this is all we have so far, I'm so excited!! One of my favourite parts of the new season is seeing all the new gear!

s-l1600.jpg
I love it, looks awesome!

Also confirms Alcatel as the new main sponsor and I think it also suggests that P&O may be stepping up into a main sponsor position too.

Pommy

Coach
First bit of 2019 gear has dropped but this is all we have so far, I'm so excited!! One of my favourite parts of the new season is seeing all the new gear!

View attachment 24957
I love it, looks awesome!

Also confirms Alcatel as the new main sponsor and I think it also suggests that P&O may be stepping up into a main sponsor position too.

Wasn’t Alcatel the main sponsor on training gear last year?

callmack1

Staff member
Wasn’t Alcatel the main sponsor on training gear last year?
Yes but by Alcatel being present on the chest now as well as the main sponsor position on the club website, it is pretty much confirmed.

ThingFish

Juniors
If they don’t do the coaches swap for 2019 my family is boycotting merch for 2019. Between me and my brothers family that’s 5 members. Haven’t seen anything great yet anyway. I do like the stuff they release under the “‘47 Brand”, so looking forward to seeing those releases.

callmack1

Staff member
If they don’t do the coaches swap for 2019 my family is boycotting merch for 2019. Between me and my brothers family that’s 5 members. Haven’t seen anything great yet anyway. I do like the stuff they release under the “‘47 Brand”, so looking forward to seeing those releases.
Well hopefully you won't have to worry about that mate!!

I'll be buying plenty regardless haha.

Pommy

Coach
Are sure P&O aren’t main sponsors? Just pulled out a training shirt to go to the gym with and it has Alcatel as the main sponsor as well. Pretty sure that was a 2016 or 2017 shirt.

callmack1

Staff member
Are sure P&O aren’t main sponsors? Just pulled out a training shirt to go to the gym with and it has Alcatel as the main sponsor as well. Pretty sure that was a 2016 or 2017 shirt.
That's true, Alcatel has appeared front and centre on the training gear for many years. However, it is certainly now a main sponsor as it also appears on the chest of the 2019 gear.

I think both P&O and Alcatel will be main sponsors, one will be on the home and one will be on the away. I'm starting to think it may be P&O on the home because on all the offield gear, they are in the position that the main home sponsor is always in.

However, Alcatel is also now a major sponsor as it is listed on the club site as such. Interestingly, P&O has not been added to that section yet but I'm sure it will.

I'm kinda hoping that it's Alcatel on both home and away as that'll look really good (as will P&O hopefully but in my opinion, Alcatel will look better).

Travitoh

First Grade

If the coach swap doesn't happen, i dare say it wasn't because of Souths.
It will be frustrating but no where near boycott worthy.

ThingFish

Juniors
If the coach swap doesn't happen, i dare say it wasn't because of Souths.
It will be frustrating but no where near boycott worthy.
If Seibs is coach in 2019 of course it’s because of Souths. It means they havn’t sacked him and put in a caretaker coach if WB isn’t there. Having Seibs at Souths for 2019 would be like letting a fox loose in your hen house, he’s already in Cook’s ear. We are taking it easy. We know one family that are posting their memberships back, and apparently they are not alone. We aren’t going to those lengths. But, if Seibs is coaching RD1, we are ready to join those members letting their money do the protesting. No money on merch, no money spent at live games. We will still support the team from home in 2019, but like many more, we will not be supporting the club. Fnck em.

callmack1

Staff member
Surely the sponsors are P&O and Alcatel. No official announcement has been made about them yet and surely they wouldn't just release all this new gear and then wipe it with some new sponsors so late.

This is probably why the jerseys are taking so long to be released though.

ThingFish

Juniors
Surely the sponsors are P&O and Alcatel. No official announcement has been made about them yet and surely they wouldn't just release all this new gear and then wipe it with some new sponsors so late.

This is probably why the jerseys are taking so long to be released though.
Apparently they are not. Maybe P&O and Alcatel are just training gear sponsors.

callmack1

Staff member
Apparently they are not. Maybe P&O and Alcatel are just training gear sponsors.
Hmmm interesting, maybe you're right. I was told by someone that has connections with ISC that Souths have had a hold up in the production of their jerseys because they were awaiting sponsorship confirmation. Perhaps this is why we have seen no playing jerseys released yet.

Pommy

Coach
Wasn’t Metracon housing pretty prominanet at the press conference today. I only caught a glimpse as the Souths stream was busted.

ThingFish

Juniors
I wouldn’t mind some clobber with Young Henry’s Brewery on it. They’re our new beer sponsor. I’m also hoping they do a special batch of “Rabbitohs” beer. Their Foo Fighters Ale special release was quite good.