What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Apparel and Merchandise

callmack1

Staff member

Okay, you guys know me, I generally love every bit of merch that the club releases.

But I'm sorry, I can't get behind that. I love the idea and I guess it's okay as a one-off to commemorate the Vegas trip but jeez, it doesn't look great.

callmack1

Staff member

Well, for the second time in a week, you're going to hear me say I don't like a bit of merch we've produced.

Seriously, what the heck?! I mean, I get the idea. The idea is great and I respect that big time. But how the hell can you have a Souths jersey like that??? No Red and Green at all on it like what the hell? We look like the Dogs or Cowboys!

The jersey itself looks great but it's not a Souths jersey. They could've still done the same idea but made it Red and Green and I'd probably buy one. But no, we'll play in Navy blue.

How do we go from the best merch change ever with the regular jerseys in 2024 to that?

callmack1

Staff member

Cool idea!! Very, very cool and I love that they're doing this!! Very exiting and I'll most likely buy one.

However, I do have to admit that the design options are not particularly flash. I would've thought that to celebrate the 2014 Premiership, you'd do a design similar to that. For example, go back to the slimmer 5 stripes, put the thicker black side panels back, even put the MG logo in a box like Crown Resorts was back then. Basically, just do a replica of the 2014 kit with the modern-day template and sponsors with maybe a few other icons or whatever to symbolise 2014.

These four main jersey designs don't scream 2024 at all. I voted for C, the one with the darker Red and Green and black stripes, and I hope like hell none of the others get picked because they just look crap.

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors

Really undecided if I like this or not....
I agree I’m still on the fence on it, but what makes me like it less is how long you have to wait to get it.
I understand it’s a pre order of a special item but having to wait until August might make me pass on it