What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Delboy

First Grade
The biggest mistake you can make is blindly supporting a political party, like you might footy team. You were the one throwing “Juliar” and debt and deficit references about in 2013. Nek minute the LNP triple the debt themselves. Seriously, take a breath and re-set.

If the LNP get tossed out in May, it’s because the cancerous right of the party have caused their own party to implode. Idiots.

Anyway back to NSW, far as I know, Gladys is short odds to be re-elected. The Daley (previously Foley) stadia wingefest is a small change platform compared to the rest of NSWs infrastructure. Labor will find it hard to complain about roads, public transport, hospitals and schools - simply because upgrades are happening after being neglected under Carr, Iemma, Rees and Keneally.

Gronk , perhaps you need to be reminded about the time bomb of future spending that the lovely Julia left in place. Agree that more should have been done, hard when the lefty independents control the Senate.

Anyway you may have to get used to the PC idiots. Last night I watched the School Spectacular, and the PC teachers brigade changed the words of Pinball Wizard from " deaf, dumb and blind boy " to " single minded mute kid" . Can't have gender specific real world disabilities. Get used to the virtue signalling morons in charge of your children.

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk , perhaps you need to be reminded about the time bomb of future spending that the lovely Julia left in place. Agree that more should have been done, hard when the lefty independents control the Senate.

Anyway you may have to get used to the PC idiots. Last night I watched the School Spectacular, and the PC teachers brigade changed the words of Pinball Wizard from " deaf, dumb and blind boy " to " single minded mute kid" . Can't have gender specific real world disabilities. Get used to the virtue signalling morons in charge of your children.

Not sure if you caught ANU’s study of Australian Political Culture, but I guess that you would be classified somewhere between a Prudential Traditionalist and a Disillusioned Pessimist.

Sadly for you, things are only going to get worse. For the Activist Egalitarians and the Progressive Cosmopolitans significantly outnumber you.

Australians are by and large good people. They have a strong moral compass, have empathy and compassion for others, they are evidence and facts based, believe in equity and empowerment.

So whinge and moan, filibuster and distract all you like, but progressive change will occur whether you are on board or not. That’s the way it has always been and always will be. It’s all good mate, your grandchildren will thank us.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/what-type-of-aussie-are-you-meet-the-7-new-political-tribes-20170203-gu57b2.html#Meet the 7 tribes

Delboy

First Grade
Gronk, I just wanted to let you have a taste of your incessant anti Abbott references which went on for about 2 years.

I am to old to worry about labels from the left. Just hate to see what is happening here, 2 miserable political choices in a way, just 1 is completely intolerable , the other less so.

Suitman

Post Whore
Unfortunately for sports fans, the NSW Labor Opposition are making the Allianz rebuilding an election issue. Minister Ayres has made the first Frank Underwood move by signing a demolition and construction contract with Lend Lease. Opposition Leader Daley says the stadium won’t go ahead if he wins government. It will be interesting to see what happens if demolition commences before the March election.

Demolition is slated to begin in January, with a third of the roof having been dismantled and some demolition of the eastern stand having been achieved by the time the election rolls around.
God help this state if Labor get up. Foley (and now Daley) have election promises to roll back both this and expenditure on the Sydenham to Bankstown section of the Metro. f**k that. They have also said they will fast track the City - Parramatta - Westmead Metro, which the current state govt is already doing, so I don't know where that policy comes from?

Gladys needs to get her message out there promptly and strongly. The advertising campaign she is currently personally voicing on commercial radio is poor and just political spin. She could be, and should be, doing much better than that.

Delboy

First Grade
The problem for both parties is that their pitch is to voters who live within 5 km of the CBD! How,out of touch are they . The Libs should underline how nothing was done for 16 years and why it's so noticeable now, is that they are catching up.

All this spin re schools not stadiums, there are several major hospital extensions and constructions, and here in th Hills, there are new schools being built everywhere it seems.

How poor is the message from Gladys and co, unbelievably beige.

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk, I just wanted to let you have a taste of your incessant anti Abbott references which went on for about 2 years.

I am to old to worry about labels from the left. Just hate to see what is happening here, 2 miserable political choices in a way, just 1 is completely intolerable , the other less so.

Well so far the Libs have dished up Abbott, Turnbull and ScoMo. I don't think anyone could mount a case of success or even a mediocre pass. IMO they have shot themselves in the foot, primarily by factional roadblocking and infighting with Turnbull on almost every policy. If they allowed him to govern, you guys would have been in power for a long time. Instead, you get what you deserve - Homer Shorten as PM. :rolleyes:Congratulations.

hindy111

Post Whore
9 next year ... we have a couple of home games at homebush before the stadium opens

After that i assume all at parra, except the darwin game while that lasts

10 in total as tigers also take a home game there.
It is possible that we end up with 15 home games. I can see Tigers,Dogs,Souths taking their home game with us to Parra stadium.

Suitman

Post Whore
10 in total as tigers also take a home game there.
It is possible that we end up with 15 home games. I can see Tigers,Dogs,Souths taking their home game with us to Parra stadium.

Games that other clubs bring to WSS don't count as home games for the Eels, but I know what you mean.
I can see these other clubs selling WSS memberships only which will be taken up by their supporters in a big way, thus limiting the number of available seats for Eels fans.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well so far the Libs have dished up Abbott, Turnbull and ScoMo. I don't think anyone could mount a case of success or even a mediocre pass. IMO they have shot themselves in the foot, primarily by factional roadblocking and infighting with Turnbull on almost every policy. If they allowed him to govern, you guys would have been in power for a long time. Instead, you get what you deserve - Homer Shorten as PM. :rolleyes:Congratulations.

The Fed Libs have certainly shot themselves in the foot just as Labor did during the Rudd/Gillard years.
Tbh, the Fed Libs deserve everything they get and deserve to get a shellacking at the next federal election, whereas, the State Libs have done a great job - albeit with a few f**k ups along the way. The state Libs deserve to stay in power, as they actually have long term plans and policies in place and should be granted the opportunity to see them through. State Labor are just a clusterf**k of negativity and anti everything and shouldn't be given the time of day.
They haven't even released any infrastructure planning other than a few negative Nancy bullshit policies of current planning, and some veiled promises about schools and hospitals. They are a f**king joke of a party.

Gronk

Staff member
The Fed Libs have certainly shot themselves in the foot just as Labor did during the Rudd/Gillard years.
Tbh, the Fed Libs deserve everything they get and deserve to get a shellacking at the next federal election, whereas, the State Libs have done a great job - albeit with a few f**k ups along the way. The state Libs deserve to stay in power, as they actually have long term plans and policies in place and should be granted the opportunity to see them through. State Labor are just a clusterf**k of negativity and anti everything and shouldn't be given the time of day.
They haven't even released any infrastructure planning other than a few negative Nancy bullshit policies of current planning, and some veiled promises about schools and hospitals. They are a f**king joke of a party.

I think NSW Labor are mimicking Opposition Leader Abbott and trying to get elected on negativity. Abbott would target a message and repeat it until people think it is fact and consensus. The carbon tax “toxic tax” was a very effective scare campaign. Since then Credlin admitted that it was just a name and the original model was economically sound.

I’ve noticed that Homer Shorten has become quite effective in calmly explaining policy and when the Libs step up with a new view, he meets it with a compromise. All that ScoMo can throw back are hollow “labor are all about higher taxes and soft on boarder security”. Most (other than the rusted on conservatives) view Homer as a real alternative. Yours to lose Mr Coalition.

Is NSW Labor had any sense, they would seek to be the better infrastructure managers and focus on the delays and cost blowouts.

strider

Post Whore
The problem for both parties is that their pitch is to voters who live within 5 km of the CBD! How,out of touch are they . The Libs should underline how nothing was done for 16 years and why it's so noticeable now, is that they are catching up.

All this spin re schools not stadiums, there are several major hospital extensions and constructions, and here in th Hills, there are new schools being built everywhere it seems.

How poor is the message from Gladys and co, unbelievably beige.
They dont need to win the Hills, its already safe

Unfortunately elections dont always go with logic .... the federal Libs are on the nose and alot of people cant distinguish the difference - it will hurt state Libs

That new state Labor guy deadset has a face you just wanna slap .... they will run a campaign based on sooking about anything and everything that is not finished and alot of merkins might get sucked in

Delboy

First Grade
Shorten has no,policies, he has effctively just tried to be warm and jolly. The danger for the country is the hard left factions of Plibaselk et al, and their inability to ever deliver an economic policy, and the drift to the Greens.

Turnbull was absolutely toxic to anyone other than those who would never vote Liberal. You can't appeal to the under 30s who have never experienced a downturn or a moribund Union led economic mantra, and have been influenced at school and university by the lefty teachers and professors. If you want a look at the future with the green influence on things like power generation, my 2 person household electricity bill has quadrupled over the past 6 years, and as a self funded retiree that's unsustainable. Welcome to SA blackouts, please don't point to Europe, they get base power from nuclear so even those who have renewable policy are rescued by the nuclear industry pumping base power into countries like Spain and Germany.

strider

Post Whore
I think NSW Labor are mimicking Opposition Leader Abbott and trying to get elected on negativity. Abbott would target a message and repeat it until people think it is fact and consensus. The carbon tax “toxic tax” was a very effective scare campaign. Since then Credlin admitted that it was just a name and the original model was economically sound.

I’ve noticed that Homer Shorten has become quite effective in calmly explaining policy and when the Libs step up with a new view, he meets it with a compromise. All that ScoMo can throw back are hollow “labor are all about higher taxes and soft on boarder security”. Most (other than the rusted on conservatives) view Homer as a real alternative. Yours to lose Mr Coalition.

Is NSW Labor had any sense, they would seek to be the better infrastructure managers and focus on the delays and cost blowouts.
FFS no f**ker likes Shorten ... even his mum probably thinks he's a knob ... but unfortunately he's gonna fall over the line infront

Bandwagon

Staff member
Shorten has no,policies, he has effctively just tried to be warm and jolly. The danger for the country is the hard left factions of Plibaselk et al, and their inability to ever deliver an economic policy, and the drift to the Greens.

Turnbull was absolutely toxic to anyone other than those who would never vote Liberal. You can't appeal to the under 30s who have never experienced a downturn or a moribund Union led economic mantra, and have been influenced at school and university by the lefty teachers and professors. If you want a look at the future with the green influence on things like power generation, my 2 person household electricity bill has quadrupled over the past 6 years, and as a self funded retiree that's unsustainable. Welcome to SA blackouts, please don't point to Europe, they get base power from nuclear so even those who have renewable policy are rescued by the nuclear industry pumping base power into countries like Spain and Germany.

Words fail to do justice as to how f**king dumb this rant is.

Delboy

First Grade
Apologies, had too much time and replied without thinking.

No more from me on politics, back to Stadium stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
FFS no f**ker likes Shorten ... even his mum probably thinks he's a knob ... but unfortunately he's gonna fall over the line infront

I think it's about 37% on PPM , so that's roughly a third of Australians that think he's less of a knob than the current bloke ( which admittedly is a rather low bar )

strider

Post Whore
I think it's about 37% on PPM , so that's roughly a third of Australians that think he's less of a knob than the current bloke ( which admittedly is a rather low bar )
Yet "the current bloke" leads him despite being a recent blow in for the totally on the nose govt

hindy111

Post Whore
Games that other clubs bring to WSS don't count as home games for the Eels, but I know what you mean.
I can see these other clubs selling WSS memberships only which will be taken up by their supporters in a big way, thus limiting the number of available seats for Eels fans.

Yes but it does hold 30,000. Most league games wont pull more then 20k. I feel like games against Dogs or Saints if both sides going well (eels) may sell out but otherwise there be no dramas getting a seat

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yet "the current bloke" leads him despite being a recent blow in for the totally on the nose govt

Not only the current bloke, but the bloke he knifed, and the bloke that bloke knifed did as well

And that's not to mention the bloke he ran against as leader, he was far more popular.

Latest posts